johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lost again, on a backward roll. 3-0 to Boston. There was a players only meeting after the game to discuss cause and possible fixes for the miserable performance lately.Adam Eaton returned from the DL, maybe his bat will help. A 4 game series starts with the Marlins tonight.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Amazing game last night. Miami took a 9-0 lead after 2 innings BIG hole. Washington chipped away and ended up winning 14-12. Are you kidding me?
Trea Turner had 2 home runs, one a grand slam. Washington is back to a .500
record. Game 2 tonight, Gonzalez is pitching.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wonderful, 2 in a row. Nationals won last night 3-2 with a ninth inning home run by Matt Reynolds. We really needed this. Game 3 with Miami tonight at 7:10.
Mad Max Scherzer is pitching today. Back to 5 games behind Atlanta in the NL
east.

Go Nats!

B

BeiMoh420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Washington Nationals

Did you see that comeback the other day? Wow! Bryce Harper needs to get that batting average up but their shortstop Trea Turner handled business. Down 9-0 to comeback and win 14-12. Great win although I'm a Rockies fan.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Awesome, Go Rockies. Last night was better, Harper had 3 hits, Reynolds went 5 for 5 and drove in 10 runs! Nationals won 18-4 over Miami. I hope we can continue today for 4 in a row.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We lost yesterday, 10-2. Got a taste of our own beat down. The offense was not in attendance today. Miami played a great game. Now we start a road trip with Pittsburgh, 3 games starting tonight. Atlanta and Philly lost also yesterday. Nationals remain 5 games back. Harper, Scherzer and Doolittle made the all star team.

Go Nats!

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lost again last night 6-3 to the Pirates. Just cannot put games together it seems.
Hellickson is pitching tonight, maybe we can start a streak? On the bright side, Adam Eaton went 3 for 3.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One game winning streak. Nationals beat the Pirates 5-1 last night. We are now
behind Philly 5 1/2 games in the NL East standings. Atlanta lost to Toronto
to fall to second place. NL East is going to be an interesting race this year.
Todays game with the Pirates is on Facebook? for the first time. No MASN or MLB Network coverage.

Go Nats!.

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We lost in Pittsburgh 2-0 Wednesday. Again no offense. Last night , beat the Mets 5-4. Rendon had 2 homers and Harper had 1. Scherzer won his 12th game. Mets again tonight, Roark is pitching for Washington and the tough Syndergaard is pitching for New York.

Go Nats! :dancing2:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lost 4-2 last night, again no offense. Voth is pitching today, Rookie, first MLB start.
Right now it's 3 -0 Met's. Bad start. Voth is pulled in the 5th down 7-0.

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lost 4-2 last night, again no offense. Voth is pitching today, Rookie, first MLB start.
Right now it's 3 -0 Met's. Bad start. Voth is pulled in the 5th down 7-0. Well, we got 4 runs, final 7-4 Mets

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Washington lost again to the Braves last night 8-5. Close,but not quite. We are going in the wrong the direction. Another game with Atlanta tonight but it has been raining all day in Washington and I don't know if they can play. Hope so.

Go Nats!
:fight:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Great game, really long though. Nat's beat the Braves in a two rain delay game 6-2.
The 1st inning was delayed almost 2 hour's, them another delay 1 and a half this time.
Scherzer won number13 and Harper hit his 24th home run. Tonight in Milwaukee against the Brewers for the first of 3 games.

Go Nats!
:):):)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We lost again, 6-1 to the Brewers. Cannot seem to get it going. Game tonight with the Brewers at 8:10. Hellickson is pitching for Washington and Guerra for the Braves.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Washington lost on Tuesday and won 7-3 yesterday afternoon against the Brewers.
Roark had his best game of the year, going 8 innings and not giving up a run.
Harper had a 3 run homer to make it 25 for the year. On to Miami tonight.

Go Nats!
:)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks IGOR, We won last night 10-3. A lot of late inning runs. Scherzer tonight, one more? Big talk is suggesting trading Harper? I can see the reasoning of this being the end of his contract; but for me I would like to see Washington step up and resign him for 10 more years. He is a great player and brings a lot to the game.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Last 2 games we are 1-1. Not the way to make up 6 games and get to October. Yes,
there are about 60 games left but we need to close the gap. We lost last night in 10 innings 2-1. The winning run was at third with only one out in the ninth and the Nats could not get him home. There are the kind of games we really need to win. One more game in Miami this afternoon.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No waiver trade deadline in 25 minutes. Are the Nats buying or selling? I'm not sure.
Maybe they will "stand pat". We will see soon. Nationals and Mets tonight in New York.

Go Nats!
:heeeellll

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, the Nats pretty much stood pat. We traded a relief pitcher for a relief pitcher.
Harper is not for sale. Football score last night, Nats 25-4 over the Mets. 3 home runs and 2 triples. Day game on now, Nats are up 2-0 early. Milone pitching for Washington. Hope we can make it 2 in a row.

Go Nats!
:star:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We game won Thursday and again last night, 10-4. Scherzer won his 15th win and Harper had his 26th homerun. 3 wins in a row. Today Gio Gonzalez is pitching for the Nats at 7:05.
Still trailing Philly by 5 games in the NL East.

Go Nats!
:joyman:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nats managed to win today, 2-1. Pitching duel. Alas, Philly and Atlanta also won so we did not gain on them. Nats are 7-3 for the last 10 games. Off day tomorrow, then a very important
4 game series with Atlanta.

Go Nats!
:flute:

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this year washington has disappointed me, the pitching and the collective hitting has been very bad, in a division where the teams have no budget, the team can not only depend on harper and scherzer

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree Asalco, I have not been very happy with them either. Won one yesterday, should have been 2. If we can win tonight against the Braves we will be 5 back of Philly, they lost today. We will see...………..

Go Nats!
:bike:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Split 2-2 in the 4 game series with Atlanta. 3 and 1 would have been better. we are 5 and 1/2 behind Philly now. It looks like it's tough to made up games and cut the lead.
Cubs in Chicago next. Nats had a very respectable 7-3 home stand.

Go Nats!

:fight:

B

babboonnexx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's quite rare...how can you be a fan of two teams within the same division? That's a serious conflict of interest.

I can explain! I was born in DC and both my parents were from the south. I grew up watching the Braves in their best years 90-94 and they became my favorite team and they still are. I then moved to Georgia around 2007 before the Nationals were a team and so while the Braves are still my favorite team I still pull for both the Nats and the Orioles.