johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
And the hits just keep on coming, not on the batted ball side but injuries. Washington managed an 11 inning win last night against a strong Arizona team but at a cost.
Wieters suffered a leg injury rounding first base after a hit and left the game.
MRI today to see what's wrong. Adam Eaton, out since the first week of the season, had orthoscopic surgery on his ankle to remove a flap of cartilage on his ankle. Prognosis is a long rehab. Zimmerman has back problems. Dang.
It sure would be nice to have a healthy lineup. D-dacks again tonight with Mad Max Scherzer pitching.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Another Schezer gem last night in Arizona.11 strikeouts in 7 innings. He won 3-1,
the Nats are 11 out of the last 13 and have climbed to 1 1/2 games behind the Phillies and Atlanta.Strasburg starts today.

The Caps beat Tampa last night too!

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Again, a low scoring game in Arizona last night. The Nationals beat the Diamondbacks 2-1. There have been a lot of low scoring games lately. 12th victory in 14 games. Ryan Zimmerman went on the 10 day DL with his oblique strain. The DL continues to grow. Daniel Murphy, on the DL list also, ran sprints yesterday trying to build his legs back up. Maybe he will be back in a few more weeks. We miss his bat. Last of a 4 game set on ESPN tonight, then a day off and back home.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sunday night on ESPN the Nationals beat the Diamondbacks 6-4,completing a four game sweep in Arizona. Mark Reynolds joined the team to replace Ryan Zimmerman who went on the DL. Mark went 3-4 with 2 homeruns and 3 RBI's. Not a bad debut. Monday was an off day with the Nat's coming home for an 8 game stand, starting Tuesday night against the New York Yankees.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, The Nats and Yankees started last night, got to the 6th inning tied at 3 and the rains came. The game will be continued today at 5 PM, followed by game 2 of the series at 8 PM.

Go Nats

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yesterdays continuation of the rain delay game and game 2 of the Nats-Yankees game were rained out. They will be made up on June 18th. Today is an off day for Washington. Friday the Dodgers come to town.
Tonight is game 3 of the Caps- Lightning NHL series.
Go Caps.
Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tough weekend. The Nationals lost 3 in a row to the Dodgers. Washington lost another player for the YEAR, Howie Kendricks tore an achilles tendon and is gone. 5 outfielders lost or on the DL now. The Nats called up a rookie outfielder, Juan Soto to fill in. Juan is only 19 years old but has had success in the Minors. Tonight we get the Padres for a 3 game set,

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Back on track. Washington beat San Diego, 10-2 last night. Juan Soto, the 19 year old who just joined the team, got his first MLB hit, a 3 run homer. Mark Reynolds had 2 home runs and Bryce Harper got his NL leading 15th home run. Gio Gonzalez got the win.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nationals won over the Padres last night 2-1. Michael A. Taylor drove in the winning run in the bottom of the ninth inning for a walk off hit. Bryce Harper hit his 15th home run. Today there is a game with the Padres at 4:00.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Washington is in Miami to play the Marlins. Last night Max Scherzer, was not at his best, but the Nats still managed a 9-5 win. Taylor and Adams homered for the Nats.Tonight, another game in Miami. Washington still trails the Braves and Phillies in the NL East standings.

Go Nats

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Okay, yesterday the game was 1-0 Miami into the eight inning. Wilmer Difo tied the game with a solo home run. Ninth inning saw Mark Reynolds get the lead with another solo home run. Then Juan Soto got a double followed by Matt Adams and Trey Turner singles. Nats lead 4-1. Sean Doolittle shut down the Marlins in the ninth. Game over, Nats 4 Marlins 1.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Washington completed the 3 game sweep in Miami with a 5-2 win. Strasburg was the winning pitcher. Harper had his 16th home run and Rendon his 5th home run for the Nats. Now it's on to Baltimore for a 3 game set. I am going to the game on Wednesday night. Hope to see a win.

Go Nats!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never could get into watching baseball, I like to play though. Glad your teams playing well for you, and hope you have a good time at the game.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks, my wife and I love baseball. I already have my sight on one of the great hotdogs they sell. Bun length and BIG. Kind of like a half smoke. Hope it does not rain. Lot of that happening lately. The Nats beat the Orioles 6-0 yesterday,.Rendon got a 3 run homer and Gio Gonzalez got the win.

Go Nats!

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Nats beat the O's again Tuesday night. Last night I got to go to the game in Baltimore. About 30 miles away. I got to see Max Scherzer pitched a 2 hitter with 12 strikeouts, another masterful job. The Nats got a home run from Harper and only scored 2 runs. That was all Max needed. I got my hotdog and some Boardwalk fries.It was very chilly with light rain from the 7th inning on and we moved to protected seating along with everyone else. Lots of people were checking their phones for the Caps-Knights score. Caps won. On to Atlanta for a 4 game set.

Go Nats!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually had a small wager on that game, -1.5 nats. They made me sweat that one huh, haha.

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the Nationals they are one of my favorite teams. I have a good feeling they will be in first soon! I'm from Boston so I'm a RedSox fan. But I like how Washington has been playing lately. And Max is doing good. 9th win already!

Here's hopes to Washington vs Boston in the world series! Would be a good series to watch!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That would be a fantastic series!! Game not on tonight until 7:30. The Nats did get into 1st place in the East last night. This is going to be a huge 4 game series.

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw them creeping up into first the other day. I was happy to see that. Max is gonna get the CY Young if he keeps it up... [emoji41]

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually had a small wager on that game, -1.5 nats. They made me sweat that one huh, haha.
Bet you did. Not many runs scored. Eighth and Ninth must have had you on the edge of your seat, Glad that you won.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I saw them creeping up into first the other day. I was happy to see that. Max is gonna get the CY Young if he keeps it up... [emoji41]
So far Max is miles ahead; but its a long way to October.

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Nationals have lost 2 in a row to the Braves. We have gone from a 1/2 game
ahead to 1 and 1/2 behind. Hope we can play better these last 2 games in the series.
Both day games Saturday and Sunday.

Go Nats!

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Great win! The Nats beat the Braves in 14 innings. Max Scherzer pinch hit, yep, a pitcher pinch hit in the 14th. Single up the middle, Wilmer Difo was up next and got a triple, scoring Max. Kieboom drove in Difo, to made it 5-3. Doctor Doolittle shut down the Braves in the last of the 14th. Miller pitched 3 scoreless innings and got the win. Nats are back to a 1/2 game behind Atlanta.

Go Nats!

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Nationals lost game 4 of the series with Atlanta Sunday. Washington is now 1 1/2 games behind Atlanta. Tanner Roark , a starter, pitched the ninth inning because of the 14 inning game Saturday. Pitching staff was depleted. Day off Monday and back home for a stand starting with 2 games against the Tampa Bay Rays. On a high note, the Capitols defeated the Golden Knights to go up 3-1 in the Stanley Cup finals.

Go Nats!
Go Caps!

Last edited:
johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tampa Bay met Max Scherzer last night. 13 strikeouts and Max won has MLB leading 10th game. In the 6th inning Max struck out the side on NINE pitches. Nationals won 4-2. Matt Adams homered for the Nats. Day game today with the Rays at 1:05.

Go Nats

Last edited: