puhols youngest ever to 370

B

BondsHOF

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How could I have left Ted Williams off that list? dumb.
I feel sorry for all of you who feel so much hate for someone who did nothing other than be better than everyone else.
If you got hate in your heart let it out.

Top 3 players ever
Ted Williams
Pete Rose
Barry Bonds

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
God, are you that blind. Are you 15 years old or something? He cheated. NOBODY CONSIDERS HIM THE BEST EVER BECAUSE HE HAD TO CHEAT TO GET THERE!

I feel sorry for you. Do you have children? Is this the behavior that you would condone for them when and if they ever compete in anything?

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't have anything to add, amazing huh. Other than look at the numbers and it proves that Barry Bonds is the best everyday player in history.

Great players not in any order (Dream team)
Barry Bonds
Micky Mantle
Bob Gibson
Nolan Ryan
Ty Cobb
Joe Mauer
Pete Rose
Ozzie Smith
Brooks Robinson
Tim Lincecum
Randy Johnson
and Albert Pujols
If I forgot any (I know I did) forgive me

Babe Ruth? Joe DiMaggio? Lou Gerhig?

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Barry Bonds couldn't hold this guy's jock.

Attachments

• Snapshot 197.jpg
    Snapshot 197.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 63
Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amen AF! Amen!

Bonds couldn't hold a canle to Clemente, or Robinson, or Mantle, or Mays, this list goes on and on and on. Those guys played in an era that was shall we say, different, however, they would still be HOf'er had they played today. That's the difference. Those guys could play in any era, not just thier own.

Guys like bonds had to cheat to get his name up in light with the likes of those guys. What pisses me off, is guys like say, Andy Van Slyke, who played for the Pirates, he was a hard nosed, clean baseball player. Never cheated, never did anything but play the game right and to the best of his ability, yet nobody mentions guys like him. NO. Everyone talks about Bonds and Big Mac and Sosa and blah blah blah. I'll tell you one thing about Sosa. I had a run in with that guy, he's not the nice guy everyone thinks he is. Those guys cheated thier way into greatness. It's sick is what it is.

B

BondsHOF

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mays is a way better player than Mantle how could I been so blind. If I were to take some time a come up if a 25 man dream team I'll start a thread. Are you saying that Barry Bonds couldn't play in any era? He was the most feared hitter of all time. He was intensionaly walked with the based loaded more than once!
Andy VanSlyke stunk who wants to talk about below avg. players.
and I could see how Sammy might have a problem with your kind of attitude.
How many player you think took roids? %

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
quote, bondshof......"Another thing look at football and basketball players in the 80's and 90's and how much bigger they are now. All pro sports are using get over it. The drugs are alway 4 steps ahead of the tests. The owners and commisiners don't care. $$$$"

following this logic, anything goes as long as everyone is doing it. its the epitomy of society today. hey its ok, everyone is doing it. does everyone rob banks? no. does everyone commit murder? no. does everyone jump off a building? of course not! but hey if you wanna cheat at pro sports by doing roids, hgh or whatever, thats perfectly fine, because......EVERYONE IS DOING IT! sorry, but that doesnt pass the bullshit test.. just because you can, doesnt mean you should and it sure doesnt make it right.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mays is a way better player than Mantle how could I been so blind. If I were to take some time a come up if a 25 man dream team I'll start a thread. Are you saying that Barry Bonds couldn't play in any era? He was the most feared hitter of all time. He was intensionaly walked with the based loaded more than once!

How could Bonds be the most feared hitter when he doesn't have 3,000 hits?

The homerun record still stands IMO.

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think albert is the only legit power hitter along with ryan howard. they both have good swings. everyone else from now to ten years ago has been on the juice. can not consider them for anything

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I would hardly call Van Slyke a below average player. You might want to look at the mans stats before you judge his carreer.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/vanslan01.shtml

Perhaps when you state that Bonds was the most feared hitter in all of baseball, you should put "IMO" after it. And yes, I am saying that Bonds couldn't play in any era of baseball, because he had to cheat to play in his own. It's pretty simple really. But I don't expect the feeble minded to grasp the concept.

My problem with Sosa was becuase of the treatment of a young fan that I witnessed in Montreal. As far as a percent of the players. How the hell should I know.

B

BondsHOF

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no helping any of you for now

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no helping any of you for now

Let me help you a bit. What you need to do is come out from the rock you live under and face reality that your hero is a loser. A cheating loser who not only helped but was a huge part in breaking down the integrity of professional baseball.

I'm sorry that you have to come to terms with things in this manner but trust me, when you wake up and realize what is going on around you, you will feel much better in the long run.

B

BondsHOF

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thirsty

:canabis: :canabis: Child Please !!! Never trust anyone who says trust me. thats my advice to you baseball & poker friends. I've used it many times typing verbal poop.
I'm about to hit you with some ****ing truth. Someday everything you've ever known or thought about knowing will end with your eventual death.

O.K. sorry thats wasn't truth that was B.S. here is some truth mixed in with alittle bull shit. 762 home runs 512 stolen bases magic drugs didn't put up those numbers. Roids didn't have more homeruns than stickouts in 2004. Can't be many players with seasons like that, guessed Tony Gwyen but nope.

And walks make a hitter feared, ~fellow baseball fan~, not hits. Barry Bonds is the all-time leader with 2558 walks and IBB with 668.
If anything Barry Bonds exposed the integrity of baseball. By showing the differance between avg. players who used the juice and when somone just tried wanted to be the best player he could be.:canabis: :canabis:
I find it funny that ****ing is edit but I can call someone a ~mod edit~

Last edited by a moderator:
atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WTF???!!!!!

He exposed the integrity of baseball???

Barry Bonds is nothing but a cheater. He was "average" until he started cheating. He knew what he was doing. Right now, 755 is the Homerun record and Barry Bonds will die young from the steroids use.

I'm sorry but maybe you should pick a different favorite player because I don't think many people think he's a hero or the best ever.

He's NOT the Michael Jordan of baseball.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling me what you called me shows your maturity level and your lack of common sense. It's obvious that you, regardless of how wrong you are, can not be reasoned with.

I will give you this last little bit and then I'm done with you because I have better things to do with my time then argue with a little pissant such as yourself.

I will agree that He was a good hitter. I will agree that he was feared. However, had it not been for roids, his carreer would have ended years sooner than it did thus leaving baseballs coveted home run record in tact. So by doing roids it allowed him to play at a level that he couldn't perform on his own. A level that players like Jim Thome play at without drugs and to this day is still a feared hitter.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I'm concerned Roger still owns his record and Hank still owns his. I would have more respect for Bonds if he manned up and amitted that he used roids.

+1

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Originally Posted by Chiefer
As far as I'm concerned Roger still owns his record and Hank still owns his. I would have more respect for Bonds if he manned up and amitted that he used roids.

++1

B

BondsHOF

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He called me what?

:canabis: I really don't think you have better things to do. because I don't. Child Please! What your telling me is that you know who used and who didn't use. Because if thats what your saying you really are a >mod edit<. And maybe you can tell me who's using now and whos not using or will use later. Know it alls.
Michel Jordan wouldn't have made it with today's media. Do some research on your hero Jordan. Winner, gambler, and may have cheated on his wife. I don't know about all that, other than he's the best closer in NBA history. Elevated the game.
Some of your points are vaild but based on emotion. If admiting to never knowingly take drugs isn't good enough, and thats not good enough for some of you I get it.
I get it, trust me.:canabis:

And can someone please come up with the other players who had more HR than strikeouts in a season. Barry Bonds 2004 45 HR with 41 SO's
I know there is like 2 others but can't think of em'.

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bonds is a joke why someone not from the bayarea is beond me acctually i'm from the bay and i cant stand bonds, he only did the roids for the record if he didnt do them he would still be playing its only becouse of the court trials that he's not in baseball:cool:

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if barry didnt do steroids than he would still have hit for over .300 every year. i dont think he would have had all those home runs, as high of an on base percentage, or walks. i think he would have more stolen basis and he probably would still be playing. it is a shame that he is going to take this to his grave unless somehow it comes out legally.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jordan wouldn make it in the media today why? allen iverson did just fine for 13 years while being a gambler, alcoholic, and having family home issues? surely Jordan wouldve faired just fine.

B

BondsHOF

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I was trying to say was the media likes to build celeberties up just to tear them down. Many athletes are flawed people just like the rest of us.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who's Puhols? I bet he got lots of 'shit' about his last name in school!!

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if barry didnt do steroids than he would still have hit for over .300 every year. i dont think he would have had all those home runs, as high of an on base percentage, or walks. i think he would have more stolen basis and he probably would still be playing. it is a shame that he is going to take this to his grave unless somehow it comes out legally.
so what are you reallly trying to say that bonds would be in the hof anyway prolly would be but not with an astict by his name:cool: