NBA Playoffs about to start

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Grizzlies won't go away; the Thunders have their hands full with that unconventional 8th seed.

And the Celtics won, Heat should be asking themselves how in the world we let a one-arm Rondo beat us.

sheesho

sheesho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes
phpmwgxbzSweepDallas.jpg

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing Lakers got swept, honestly I'm shocked. I'm a big Dirk fan so I'm hoping he does great.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lakers are forreal some dirty players. So many cheap shots throughout the playoffs. buncha thugs

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing Lakers got swept, honestly I'm shocked. I'm a big Dirk fan so I'm hoping he does great.

Great win by the Mavs and Cuban, I don't think they can win it all, but...you never know. They just exploded the Lakers weaknesses and never took the foot off the pedal. Kudos to them.

Lakers are forreal some dirty players. So many cheap shots throughout the playoffs. buncha thugs

Come on PattyR, that's basketball, the only one that was a real cheap shot was the Bynum one, and his attitude was detestable. But hey, the Mavs were winning by 30 and shooting 3's with 3.5 minutes to go, I won't feel bad because JJ Barea decided to go to the basket and took a hit.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wanted to edit my post to post this:

110509.20.jpg

Just a little touch under the arm....

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Come on PattyR, that's basketball, the only one that was a real cheap shot was the Bynum one, and his attitude was detestable. But hey, the Mavs were winning by 30 and shooting 3's with 3.5 minutes to go, I won't feel bad because JJ Barea decided to go to the basket and took a hit.

Rofl are u serious? this could be the worst post i've ever seen!. Every analyst i listened to said the same thing i stated..buncha thugs and dirty players.

Artest had a cheap shot, Bynum had a cheap shot, Odom got a cheap shot.

A little touch under the arm? u realize Bynum is over 100lbs heavier than JJ Barea?? that wasn a little touch under the arm, that was a cheap shot to the body.

Come on now

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Artest clothesline to the face was so dumb but he has a history of these plays. The Bynum shove suprised me, I didn't expect that.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like I said before: "the only one that was a real cheap shot was the Bynum one, and his attitude was detestable", Later I posted the picture so everybody can see Bynum leaning towards JJ, I wrote "Just a little touch under the arm" for sarcasm purposes. No need to get sensible PattyR

The Artest one, come on, you can watch the video over and over again, he clearly didn't intended to slap him in the face, he caught him in TRANSITION and JJ is so small he hit him in the face, NOTHING, I say NOTHING cheap about that.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bynum got what he deserved, I'm just thankful JJ didn't get hurt.

These guys are going and playing at speeds we can't imagine, hard fouls are part of the game, but not manhandling people like what Bynum did.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suspended for the first five games of next season, The NBA also fined Bynum $25,000 for "removing his jersey and the manner in which he left the court."

The infraction will cost him $702,272 overall, including the fine.
:jd4:

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope Bulls destroy the Heat. Man I really do not want to see the Heat win, at least for this year.

If the Heat make it to the Finals, then I will be desperately rooting for whichever Western Conference team that is left to face them.

PokerStanley

PokerStanley

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rematch Mavs - Heat would be fun though!

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to watch Mavs vs Heat, but only if the Mavs had enough to beat the Heat, don't think it will happen, so I gotta got with jho a 100%

What about Chicago guys? -Do you really think they got a chance? They beat Miami 3 times in the season [doesn't count] but if Booser dominates, MAYBE, MAYBE they got a good chance to make this a series. Because Wade and Lebrick will go after Rose every single time.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The irish green is no more. Two week of morning in Bean Town.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chicago got the job done in game one. I thought Boston's D was pretty good, but I realize now that Chicago's D is even better. Miami is going to have to push past their current limits to win that series.

JamesSayer

JamesSayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sad to see Memphis lose last night. I loved their intensity above the talent of OKC.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Memphis did a great job, too bad they have to go.

Chicago, Chicago, Chicago!!

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow Dirk was amazing. 24-24 FT is SICK.

I really wanted to see Memphis win it, but they did a great job.

My pre-postseason prediction of Thunder vs. Bulls is still alive, though Dirk looks like he may put a stomping on that.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ Barrea was very impressive again, But now that I found out he is dating the ex-Miss Universe Zuleyka Rivera HE GOT MY RESPECT.
Zuleyka_Rivera_4.jpg

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The schedule of the Heat / Bulls series is killing me. They played Sunday, had to wait for Game 2 til Wednesday, then they won't play Game 3 til Sunday again. UGH.

DarrylZero

DarrylZero

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The schedule of the Heat / Bulls series is killing me. They played Sunday, had to wait for Game 2 til Wednesday, then they won't play Game 3 til Sunday again. UGH.
+1. I'm not a big fan of how the NBA strings out these later playoff rounds either :sleep:

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russell Westbrook (OKC) sat the las 12 minutes of the game last night, everybody thought that it was because Eric Maynor was playing better, that may not be the case:

Russell Westbrook's angry bench tirade late in the third quarter of Game 2 of the Western Conference finals Thursday night stemmed from a botched play, according to a person with direct knowledge of the incident.

In the closing minute of the third quarter of Oklahoma City's 106-100 victory against Dallas, Westbrook made a play call that his teammates failed to run properly. When the play broke down, Westbrook made a one-on-one move that resulted in a turnover.

Thunder coach Scott Brooks promptly took Westbrook, who had four turnovers, out of the game. Brooks slapped the All-Star point guard on his backside as he walked by.

Westbrook turned around and glared at the court. Then, when Brooks walked toward him and made a comment, Westbrook yelled, "I'm trying to run the [expletive] play, man."

Westbrook continued yelling on the bench for roughly a minute -- saying, "Tell them to run the [expletive] play," according to the source -- prompting assistant coach Maurice Cheeks to console him as play continued.

Westbrook, a second-team All-NBA selection, never re-entered the game, sitting the final 12 minutes, 28 seconds as backup Eric Maynor scored four points and added an assist to help Oklahoma City pull out the victory.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/news/story?id=6569847

I think that if they had lost that game, Westbrook would be going crazy against his coach and probably against the media [for all the criticism he had taken since the playoffs started] the way he reacted last night after he sat down says it all, forget about the "broken play", broke plays happen all the time in the NBA. He just doesn't want to take a back seat to Durant, he wants to be THE star.