cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does anyone have a gran board or a darts connect board for playing at home soft tip darts?

U

Uaiti

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find darts stupid, it is an old game that is comming back , you find it in cafe's and pups again

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find darts stupid, it is an old game that is comming back , you find it in cafe's and pups again

I totally agree with you. The netherlands, the country I come from, is a dart country. Micheal v Gerwen and Raymond van Barneveld have won awards regularly, but I also think it's a hugely stupid cafe sport.

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I totally agree with you. The Netherlands, the country I come from, is a dart country. Micheal v Gerwen and Raymond van Barneveld have won awards regularly, but I also think it's a hugely stupid cafe sport.

And why do you think so?

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Interesting.. why do find darts stupid? Unable to hit the board consistently??

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play a fair amount and practiced as well
but haven't played for a few years.
most of my game play was in a league and the league folded do to lack of interest.

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And why do you think so?

In my opinion, it has nothing to do with sports. I think it's more of an agility game. Darters often don't have an athletic figure either, they don't need muscle power, which you generally need in sports. I know a lot of people think otherwise, so maybe it has more to do with me.

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In my opinion, it has nothing to do with sports. I think it's more of an agility game. Darters often don't have an athletic figure either, they don't need muscle power, which you generally need in sports. I know a lot of people think otherwise, so maybe it has more to do with me.

Yeah, obviously they don't have the most athletic bodies on Earth. Somehow I find watching the competitions very interesting though and I myself love throwing some darts at home in my spare time. What sports do you like?

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Darts is a durability and accuracy game. Nerve control also plays a big part in the game. The tournament can last for several hours and must be maintained at all times for the best performance. Few are able to do it often and win. :)

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Darts is a durability and accuracy game. Nerve control also plays a big part in the game. The tournament can last for several hours and must be maintained at all times for the best performance. Few are able to do it often and win. :)

Correct, these are some aspects of the game few have in mind. Let's not forget the World Championship, in which the best players participate for a whole month or so.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great game, good fun for recreation, incredible viewing as professional sports, the skill levels of those guys in the top bracket is of the wall!!! A lot like poker in that regard.

I used to play for fun, but my aim always seemed to improve only after a good few "beverages"...

Used to be a fan of Phil "The Power!" Taylor.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL!!! You've nailed the best part of darts commentary right there. Those who have never seen a pro tourney won't have a clue as to the meaning of yer post! :):):):D:D:D

one hundred an eeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Last edited:
great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
:D Finnish 180 Not even close (no Finnish at all) :)
Must have been a difficult saying - usually it is..

Yes, as far as I know, Suomi is a difficult language to learn, nothing close to most of the european languages. It has some realtions with the Hungarian, if I remember correctly. On top of that, he had to shout it, soooo... :D

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Anybody watching the Premier League? Crazy match between Clayton and Wright!

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you watch online? Looking for a feed as my cable could care less about darts

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Darts are awesome. Love all the games.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Darts is a game for amateurs, it doesn't interest me much, although if you train for many years, everyone can become a world champion

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone at my work practices on a dart board everyday and slowly but surely he looks like he hits his target like the triple 20 and the doubles.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have a dartboard in our basement and I love to play - wish we played more often.

View attachment 179069

That looks cool Debi :) I also notice the Billiards (pool) table and what looks like Table Tennis (ping-pong) on the other side. I love game areas like that too :) In the family basement, we have got Billiards, Air Hockey, Fooseball (Table Soccer/Football) and a Table Baseball game.

Your walls look too nice for a dart board though - some of my competitors would probably miss the dart board and the gran board near it...

I like to play darts but I've never watched it.

Same for me. I almost never play darts, but it is fun to do once in a while to "mix it up."

I play ocasionally with friends I think it's really fun :p

I guess I never got into darts that much, but I can see how it could be a really entertaining game to play.

I love to play it, same as pool, table football... :D

Agreed :)

What about table tennis? :)

I don't have a Table Tennis setup per se, but I do have the paddles and ping-pongballs and just use them on the Billiards table sometimes. Either that or leave the house and go to a place with the proper table. I rarely play Table Tennis, so it isn't a big deal for me though.

Someone at my work practices on a dart board everyday and slowly but surely he looks like he hits his target like the triple 20 and the doubles.

Well practice helps for sure :)

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Darts is a game that I played as a child, but this is not mine, my neighbor often plays this game and well, he could well perform at the international level, he would have performed there with dignity.