Baseball Postseason Time!!

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Halladay wins game 5, we go home and close it our with Oswalt, Halladay ready for game 1 in world series and Hammels pitches game 2.
Guess that sounds like a nice plan if we hold on to even the series tonight !

trailing right now though, 1 run deficit can feel like 10 in a must win game.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heartbreaking loss for the Phils. Looks like Rangers vs. Giants in the WS.

M

Mr Whatever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
glad the yanks won, so the rangers can celebrate a series win at home. just gotta say thx to the yanks for pitching burnett, lololololo so awesome, every1 knew hed lose it. sick of the yank having a hofer, all star or all time great at every position.

goooooo rangers.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We call them the Fightin' Phills for a reason, over the last 3 years they have mounted many come from behind victories. Came from 5 1/2 games back mid September to overtake the Mets and win the 1st division title in 2008. With mounting injuries, went into the all star break limping 4 games over .500, only to end up with best record in baseball, 32 games over .500.
Today they not only face elimination, but a team with grown confidence and momentum, fans so psyched they can't contain themselves, and a 2 time Cy Young winner who may be the best pitcher in baseball.
It looks overwhelmingly impossible, as a fan, it already feels like the final nail has been hammered into the coffin and the air is getting scarce.
But you have to keep a faint sliver of hope, there is a game to be played today, and a final score to be determined. And until that last out is made, I believe. Go Phils !

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets head to south Philly with home field advantage reclaimed !:ridinghor

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:laugh: and a little shot out !

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Giants vs. Texas next wednesday in Game 1 of the World Series. That foul ball called fair changed tonight's game. Without that call the Giants had it. One more game will do it.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wanna see giants rangers and then it goes to game 7 tied at 0-0 in the 9th, they switch sports and eli manning has to play against chris drury in a hotdog eating contest but HAHA the hot dogs are poisoned so both of them die and they give the WS rangz to lil weezy

lil-wayne_l.jpg

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wouldn't it be so sick if both the Yankees and Phillies win games 6 and 7, and we end up with a classic World Series.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahahaha shitty yankees could have been on the golf course for the last cpl weeks. Yet they wasted there time and are going home. Bwahahahaha. Eat it. No banner this year u bunch of numbnuts. Hate on the sox all u want too. But were not playin right now pretending like we got a shot. Yankees looked like garbage. GARBAGE

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wouldn't it be so sick if both the Yankees and Phillies win games 6 and 7, and we end up with a classic World Series.

Well my take is that it will be more classic if Giants win now that the Rangers won. Would be more inclined to watch since neither team has won a World Series. But that's just me:)

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really want to see the Phillies make a comeback. I think Cliff Lee vs. Halladay is going to be monstrous, though Lee vs. Lincecum would be a nice #2 matchup.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if cliff lee goes to the yankees, there is no God

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should be a good WS, but I think Rangers will be too strong - 4-1 maybe.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rangers in 5.

"The Franchise" will be the only pitcher to get a win for SF in the series.

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suspect the Giants will win this on the strength of their pitching.

Lincecum/Lee cancels out.

The Rangers have nobody to match up with Cain and Sanchez and Feliz isn't the closer that Wilson is.

Also the Giants are good against LH starters unlike the Yankees so having Lee and CJ Wilson isn't going to make a difference.

There's already a BIG loser in the WS. Fox sports.

This will probably be the lowest rated WS in a decade. Everyone east of the Mississippi will just go rake their leaves.

I'd say Giants in 6.