Baseball Postseason Time!!

M

Mr Whatever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who do you think is goinnnning allll the way?

PNJs_dad

PNJs_dad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's going to be a great post-season. So many teams CAN win this year. I would like to see Atlanta win. Probably not going to happen. But hey, for their team they shouldn't have won 91 games this year either.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess the Braves will start thrashing the Giant's butts tomorrow night!

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the AL, I like the Rays. In the NL, the winner of the Reds/Phillies series. The Rays will take it all down, but will anyone be there to watch it?

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 more outs

Halladay has a no no thru 7 !:D

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phillies all the way! Halladay you are the best. Trained well in TO.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been thinking about it and I think it would be pretty cool to see the Rangers beat the Phillies with Cliff Lee winning all his matchups against Halladay.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been thinking about it and I think it would be pretty cool to see the Rangers beat the Phillies with Cliff Lee winning all his matchups against Halladay.

I would take the Yankees - Phillies, but Rangers - PHillies and Cliff Lee winning all his matchups against Doc, I would watch that..... REVENGE is a sweet word!!!

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Couple bad calls in the Giants/Braves NLDS.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is why we call them the Fightins',,,,,,,,go Phils

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday night was pretty awesome, I was watching the titans-cowboys game and the braves-giants game simultaneously when both games were going back and forth.

Conrad really screwed up for the Braves, he almost single-handedly cost them the game. On his last screwup you can see him mouth, "F@#$ me" on the screen. The best part of it for me was watching Lincecum celebrate with the team when they came back. He's not just an ace pitcher, but great teammate too.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Later in the night it got awesome-er, got to watch my Phillies sweep the Reds, and The Iggies beat the hapless 49er's.
Our #3 Hammels threw a 5 hit shutout at the best hitting team in the NL. The Yankees better be worried, game one in south Philly.
Oh chit, wait, they gotta play the LCS's yet, just a formality?

T

Trimming1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
side bet`s..anyone?

Red`s to win it all . I`ll lay two to one odds. That that`s what will happen. Sorry guys/alt, As much as I like the Braves and this is the last season that Bobby Cox will manage for them , There`not gonna do it. So any taker`s?

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday night was pretty awesome, I was watching the titans-cowboys game and the braves-giants game simultaneously when both games were going back and forth.

Conrad really screwed up for the Braves, he almost single-handedly cost them the game. On his last screwup you can see him mouth, "F@#$ me" on the screen. The best part of it for me was watching Lincecum celebrate with the team when they came back. He's not just an ace pitcher, but great teammate too.

He looked like a fairy jumping around like that. Conrad is the Braves weak link. He just doesn't have the talent to be starting.....

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Red`s to win it all . I`ll lay two to one odds. That that`s what will happen. Sorry guys/alt, As much as I like the Braves and this is the last season that Bobby Cox will manage for them , There`not gonna do it. So any taker`s?

I'll give you 100:1 on the Reds.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The braves and giants just finished an awesome series where every single game was decided by one run, and every game seemed to have some kind of late game rally or drama. Great job by the giants, but I think they'll get crushed by the Phillies.

If the Rangers win, I think they can beat the Yankees. But if it's the Rays I think the Yankees have the advantage.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many errors for the braves.

Nice career Bobby.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice career Bobby.

He got a nice ovation at the end of the game, I wish him the best.

Whoever gets the Braves' coaching position is inheriting a loaded gig. The Braves have young and upcoming talent throughout the roster, and certain players like Heyward and Hanson have superstar written all over them. It's probably going to be a Phils-Braves race for the next couple seasons.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thoughts on Bobby cox

The man has baseball running through his blood.
Bobby Cox underachieved, bigtime.
GM, John Schurholz built him an unbeliveable team, a pitching staff full of future hall of famers. And he did manage to win, but to have only won 1 world series with the teams he had was a major underachievement.
Bobby Cox was way overrated as a manager. Late inning big games, he seemed lost.
I'd applaud him for his commitment and love of the game. But how can anybody say he is a future hall of famer based on his managerial skills.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:party: SF Giants :party:​

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/bi...t=AuBG2XM3ijjHp47yaZAGp7URvLYF?urn=mlb-276216

Found this stat online: Halladay, Oswalt (also games with Astros), Hamels combined stats against the Giants this year: 1-5 with a 4.80 era. This is going to be an awesome series. And I think Lincecum vs. Halladay should be the best pitching matchup we'll see this postseason unless somehow the Rangers and Phils both advance and Cliff Lee is matched against Halladay.

And let's not get ahead of game 5 tonight with the Rays and Rangers. There has never been a series where a home team has lost every home game in a series and Cliff Lee has never lost a postseason game. I think I have to go with Cliff Lee :)

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty Interesting series, specially for people that prefers PITCHING instead of the Long balls, I just hope the Giants come to play and they end up with a competitive series, hated the way CIN went down, specially after all those good offensive numbers in the regular season.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The man has baseball running through his blood.
Bobby Cox underachieved, bigtime.
GM, John Schurholz built him an unbeliveable team, a pitching staff full of future hall of famers. And he did manage to win, but to have only won 1 world series with the teams he had was a major underachievement.
Bobby Cox was way overrated as a manager. Late inning big games, he seemed lost.
I'd applaud him for his commitment and love of the game. But how can anybody say he is a future hall of famer based on his managerial skills.

14 Division titles in a row is plenty.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
14 Division titles in a row is plenty.

I've had that hypothetical question with my sports' friends all the time. Would you take a decade of dominance with one title or suck in 7 years and win 3 titles?

My friends and I have reached a consensus that we rather have a decade of dominance with one title rather than 8 years of suckiness with 2 titles. But it's at 3 titles that the scales are tipped. What about you guys?