gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Arsenal lost today and maybe it's the chance City wanted to get into the fight for the championship
quite a surprise, I didn't expect them to lose against Everton

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
quite a surprise, I didn't expect them to lose against Everton

To be frank, half the fanbase did expect a real test.

Dyche in charge and Everton have a good team....they should not be where they are, just like Wolves and Nottingham Forest who I believe will also avoid relegation. But no one played well for Arsenal today and most hope it was just one of those games. The fact is Arsenal at times do not like a physical contest - Leeds, Southampton and now Everton.

One weak technical point with Arteta (who we forget is still learning as well) is his rigidity at times. Just like Newcastle, Everton put two players on Martinelli and Saka and closed them both down. But the ball went nowhere but back to the wings. There was essentially no play through the middle of the pitch or an attempt to break the low block, one tactic being taking long shots. Just pepper the defense from outside the box and draw them out. We barely had any long shots. Additionally, allowing Zinchenko to invert and play through midfield is great in some games but not in this. Martinelli is getting slaughtered in the forums ...but...the heatmap shows that Martinelli was left on the wing with no support as Zinchenko and everyone else drifted to the right side of the pitch.

Well see.

Brentford at the Emirates next and we have to put them to the sword before we play City in the league. But, a reminder, though a title challenge is hardly out of the question, the absolute minimum this season is Champions League qualification. That's the perspective we need to maintain first and foremost.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
its very hard to stay on top . see all the trouble chelsea and liverpool are having ( and to a lesser degree man city ) . opponents adjust ,players get injured, egos are bruised ,management styles clash ,etc etc . also , the seasons are so very long .

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Of course, it is impossible for him to win the league. It is only the beginnings of the English Premier League. There are those who come from far away to be crowned and become the champion

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
The responsibility to keep 1st position in the championship will put more and more pressure on Arsenal, so losing the FA Cup and the championship may well be the result of psychological pressure, especially since the club has not risen so high in the standings for a decade.:cool:

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Norgaard seems to be offside here.

This could decide the league

IMG 20230211 201903

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
its very hard to stay on top . see all the trouble chelsea and liverpool are having ( and to a lesser degree man city ) . opponents adjust ,players get injured, egos are bruised ,management styles clash ,etc etc . also , the seasons are so very long .

Definitely time to lower expectations (for now) regarding the league title and consolidate a top four position.

The warning signs have been there. Both the team and Arteta are young, inexperienced and punching above their weight. There are a few theories as to why the form of the team has dropped but essentially, it could boil down to a the fact that Arteta’s tactics are too rigid.

The players are obviously tired mentally and physically but Arteta seems unwilling to accept it. Fans and vloggers/bloggers etc. fully expected rotation for this game. Trossard to start instead of Martinelli, Tomiyasu to start for Ben White for example, but it was the same starting 11 yet again. Additionally, the same tactics against a low block. We play slow out of defense (?) let them set up two deep lines and then just pass the ball back and forth in front. Very similar to Man City who also have looked uninspired at times this season.

We barely counter attacked with pace at all yesterday, yet that has been the hallmark of Arsenal’s success this season.

So if City win today and then at the Emirates, they will go top. I am not sure that will be a bad thing. It would take the pressure off to a degree, we become the underdogs and maybe Arteta has a rethink about rotation and tactics.

Additional, we can’t forget that we have Gabriel Jesus, Emile Smith-Rowe and Reiss Nelson to return from injury. Then maybe the likes of Bukayu Saka can actually be rested for a game. Title run not over, but there needs to be a serious re-adjustment. Better to take a dip in form now than to face one in the final run in to the title/top four.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I had that feeling too but I think that VAR would see it. Anyway 2 big points lost today. And with that play I can't see them how they can steal a point in the next match

It has already been admitted by Lee Mason who was 'in charge' of VAR that they did not apply the offside lines onto the footage - they have noted it was a mistake. How? There were two offsides before Toney scored...but...the awarding of the foul was ridiculous in the first pace as it was Toney who faked getting fouled and the referee fell for it.

A few things. Lee Mason is regarded as one of the poorest referees over the last few decades but somehow he is now reviewing VAR. Mason was also responsible for disallowing the Martinelli opening goal at Man United - which PGMOL later apologized for as the wrong decision...but here is Mason changing outcomes yet again.

Notable yesterday, the ref at Southampton/Wolves making a ludicrous decision to send a Wolves player off for contesting a call, and the decision to not award a penalty to Chelsea playing at West Ham. Fans have had their fill of really poor refereeing and in case you are unaware there are consistent calls to either fire most of them or overhaul the whole refereeing organisation from top to bottom. One of the demands is to replace British referees with one from Europe because people believe there is a bias (if not corruption) threading through the UK system.

All that said, Arsenal did not deserve the win and Brentford were the better side yesterday. However, that does not change the fact that Lee Mason and his team spent minutes reviewing the play and then made a suspect decision without even bothering to use the technology at their fingertips.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has already been admitted by Lee Mason who was 'in charge' of VAR that they did not apply the offside lines onto the footage - they have noted it was a mistake. How? There were two offsides before Toney scored...but...the awarding of the foul was ridiculous in the first pace as it was Toney who faked getting fouled and the referee fell for it.

A few things. Lee Mason is regarded as one of the poorest referees over the last few decades but somehow he is now reviewing VAR. Mason was also responsible for disallowing the Martinelli opening goal at Man United - which PGMOL later apologized for as the wrong decision...but here is Mason changing outcomes yet again.

Notable yesterday, the ref at Southampton/Wolves making a ludicrous decision to send a Wolves player off for contesting a call, and the decision to not award a penalty to Chelsea playing at West Ham. Fans have had their fill of really poor refereeing and in case you are unaware there are consistent calls to either fire most of them or overhaul the whole refereeing organisation from top to bottom. One of the demands is to replace British referees with one from Europe because people believe there is a bias (if not corruption) threading through the UK system.

All that said, Arsenal did not deserve the win and Brentford were the better side yesterday. However, that does not change the fact that Lee Mason and his team spent minutes reviewing the play and then made a suspect decision without even bothering to use the technology at their fingertips.
I've read some news after my previous post. I have to say that I'm surprised that at this stage we have this kind of errors. Considering that he made other mistakes in the past he should be sacked form his position.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
To be frank, I am somewhat okay with the loss this evening.

What has been self evident in recent games is an immaturity about the team and manager. I think if they had never led the table for so long, it would have been accepted, but as leaders we all started dreaming too much about winning the PL.

So for starters, personally, I think the team should have shut up shop and played for the draw...refusing to lose their home record. Counter strike yes, but a fortress at the back.

The first half was even, with City playing a surprisingly 'dirty' game particularly against Saka. But second half we got caught in a really stupid spell of playing out from the back. I believe they were trying to show they were in control and could outplay City, but it looked nervous and it was obvious mistakes were coming. Zinchenko, Gabriel and Ramsdale were all playing risky, silly passes and were undermining their own confidence. The defense got more and more jittery and City struck.

As I said, I am okay with the loss because a) I saw it coming b) the pressure to a degree will be off and hopefully the team can relax a little and start playing with confidence again. Top four was always the goal and soon Gabriel Jesus and Emile Smith Rowe will be back.

Arteta has been receiving (rightly) a lot of praise up until this point but it will be the run in to the end of the season which will prove his greater test.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very clear City and Arsenal are not at the same level.

Some players like Xhaka and Nketiah wouldn't even be on City's bench.

Players like Haaland and KDB make the difference in big games and I feel that Arsenal doesn't have that decisive player.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Arsenal has started this Premier League very well, Do you think they can sustain this good level and fight for the title?
I honestly did not think they would, but they did have a great winning streak and were ahead of City by a few points. Yesterday's loss to City precisely was really bad, it could be the start of a downfall that I don't hope for.
I always liked Arsenal and not soo much City, but the latter has some high caliber weapons and it will be very tough to get that title with them around. Arsenal still has that one game less than City though, a golden 3 points if they win it, otherwise, they can say good bye the the Championship title again ! I wish them good luck, they need it...

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I Think is too early and Arsenal is loosing fuel, So title
us Going to Manchester city or United.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Interesting game coming up.

Team announced already and many are disappointed because the only real change is Trossard for Martinelli. Fans wanted to see a refreshed team something along the lines of -

Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Kiwior, Tierney, Jorginho, Zincheko (in midfield with Xhaka rested), Odegaard, Trossard, Martinelli and Saka.

The fans want to see some changes in team, tactics and even fluidity between the front three etc. because everything feels stale.

Well see. If everyone is on top of their game we should win, but the fact is Arsenal do not have a good record against Emery- they've never beaten any of his teams.

Regardless...COYG

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I
Oh my days.

2-4 and a few heart attacks.
I was thinking that Arsenal will obtain a more facile victory today. Still I didn't had the courage to bet on their victory.
Anyway a win is a win but they need to improve their game for the next fixtures. Especially in the midfield

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally a little bit of karma for this POS Dibu Martinez.

Probably the player I hate the most nowadays.

I hope Arsenal wins the league and this goal be featured in every highlight

IMG 20230218 133109

V

vivili171

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what a match and what a comeback that Arsenal was, it was a game

TudorPithon

TudorPithon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Good victory for Arsenal today, but obtained hard in my opinion.
They still have a good chance to win the Premier League even if their game is not the best in this period.
Rivals Man City are very dangerous in their chase to catch Arsenal.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
it was a good round for the Gunners, especially since no one expected Not Forrest to draw against City

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unexpected help from Forest today. Now will follow a couple of games that should not be very difficult for Arsenal, let's hope that they will add more points between them and second place

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we have a crazy end to the seasono_O

topcatbrazil

topcatbrazil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Arsenal has started this Premier League very well, Do you think they can sustain this good level and fight for the title?
It is not about them, one has to remember that your don't have to run faster than the lion, just rhe guy next to you.

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
This Saturday we have a tough matchup against Leicester. We must win to maintain the two-point advantage with Manchester City, also we must remember that Arsenal still needs to play a game, against Everton, for date 7 of the league (date suspended due to the death of Queen Elizabeth II). Which of winning could stretch the advantage to 5 points.

On the other hand, Elneny has just signed his contract renewal.