D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, that was an odd game. Arsenal not at their best yet dominating the game and one goal was enough.

VAR controversial yet again.

Most are not arguing that Leandro Trossard's beautiful goal should have stood as Ben White was interfering with the goalie. Fine. But then Saka was dragged down in the penalty area and no penalty awarded - Dermot Gallagher, the in-studio ref said it was a penalty. Then the goal where Martinelli assisted Saka getting ruled out was a joke. The 'offside' was not shown let alone VAR lines drawn to prove it offside. It has been implied VAR just declined to review it. WT actual F?

It's just the inconsistencies..and talking of which, here is a good article in The Telegraph, a respected (and conservative, for what it is worth) national newspaper outlining the unfair treatment Bakayu Saka receives from referees. All fans sometimes feel their teams are treated unfairly but it's hard not to believe there is an agenda against Arsenal...especially as this VAR crap just went down (yet again) two weeks ago.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Great 4-0 win last night against Everton, which was sweet revenge for the defeat at Goodison Park.

Oddly one of the only games which went as I thought it would. Everton sticky at first, but, if we got one goal I thought we'd then go on to romp it. Bukayo Saka's goal was a gem and Trossard yet again playing an influential role. Loving the rotation and Emile Smith Rowe getting some game time after injury...Gabriel Jesus appears set to play again with the next two weeks. The squad depth is starting to look good.

Next up, another game at home against Bournemouth and hopefully another thrashing.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
let's Arsenal accelerate even faster, we need the Championship;)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Another great performance by Arsenal and another game with the leadership.It is very good news that Gabriel Jesus will play with the team again soon.Fortunately, all the other forwards are showing an amazing level.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great 4-0 win last night against Everton, which was sweet revenge for the defeat at Goodison Park.
I would have been much better with 2 victories with 1-0.
Anyway it's a good thing that Arsenal has 5 points ahead of City and let's hope that will remain in the first place for another 13 games

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I congratulated my friend, who has been supporting Arsenal for over 20 years, on a major victory. I have the honor to congratulate Arsenal fans, Cardschat members. I hope the bald charlatan Guardiola stumbles somewhere and loses tournament points:D:D:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Fantastic bouncebackability by Arsenal this season, one must salute their intestinal fortitude in recent weeks. They should have a healthy lead through early April.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Didn't expected such a complicate game today but ultimately a win is a win. And still 5 points ahead

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I congratulated my friend, who has been supporting Arsenal for over 20 years, on a major victory. I have the honor to congratulate Arsenal fans, Cardschat members. I hope the bald charlatan Guardiola stumbles somewhere and loses tournament points:D:D:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Let's hope that City will lose some points. I can't see Arsenal winning another 11 games

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning after being behind 0 x 2 is always nice, but Arsenal has been struggling against very weak teams.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Jeeze, did we make that difficult but what a feeling at the final whistle.

Reiss Nelson with the wonder strike, Benny Blanco with his first ever goal and Thomas Party gave the team heart with the opener.

For those who don't know Reiss Nelson is a Hale End kid (like Bukayo Saka) who has come through the ranks from the youth teams and he has been one of my favorite players. A few years ago he was sensational and expected to be bigger than Bukayo but things have not gone his way and he is out of contract at the end of the season. I so want him to stay at Arsenal. He came back into the side and got two goals against Nottingham Forrest then got injured again and now has done the same thing again... he is open about loving the club and wanting to stay.

What a goddamn game.

TudorPithon

TudorPithon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think that is a great feeling winning a match in the last second!

Good for Arsenal, hopefully they will resist until the end!

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a great match! from 0:2 to 3:2 really really impressive... 5 goals! and important win for Arsenal

Have a nice weekend :)

unico001

unico001

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi..
Arsenal ...is already a thing of the past :(

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good evening.I did love this epic comeback by Arsenal in the last second of the game!After the 0-2 I really thought the game was over but these guys made the miracle.Nice to see the celebration of Arteta with his guys and the fans .Amazing match.Nelson deserves the credit in the dramatic 3-2.No more injuries please.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
it was a real thriller... to come back from 0-2 in the 60th minute against a team fighting to avoid relegation, it was almost like a cold shower

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want them to become champions this year, not a bad game

iveta777

iveta777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Arsenal takes Premier League Cup this season;) (y) :ninja:

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
They are on the edge at the moment... And unless they manage to get their game together their luck cannot run forever.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.What an amazing season by Arsenal! The team dominated all the game without almost any problems.5 victories in a row! Trossard was the key of this new victory.Superb performance!

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
a good series of victories for the Gunners after the defeat with City, the team woke up in time and won 5 matches in a row

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Really not sure about the mid set for either game against Sporting Lisbon. I don't think Arsenal played either game as they would against a Premier League side, even one at the bottom of the table.

Two issues for me, stood out as poor. The first being, as above, that Arsenal did not take Sporting Lisbon seriously enough in the first leg, a mistake and then still thought they could win at home comfortably, another mistake.

The second being that there was a lot of discussion about whether it was better to exit the Europa League now concentrate on the Premier League. In fact this has been discussed the entire season by many fans which has irritated the crap out of me - who wants to play a midweek game in norway? As soon as the game was over, the commentators even said...well now they can concentrate on the Premier League. Personally I can't stand that attitude and think winning breeds winning. I argued with a friend of mine, who did not mind Arsenal going out, if Arsenal were currently third in the title race they would fight tooth and nail to win this game. He agreed but yet argued, but... Arsenal are leading the table...

Well, they are now out so we'll all see. Perhaps they will be more determined to win the title but i do not think things work like that. If say we come second in the Premier League and Manchester United win the Europa League, get a top four Premier League finish, people will regard Manchester United as having the better season and that for me will leave a very bad taste.

But, if we came second in the Premier League but won the Europa League, that would have felt magnificent. The Europa League was an insurance policy for the season which I think we have squandered.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Arsenal is a victim of its own success.

so much is expected now from a team that no one took as real contender to win the PL against Man City, before the season started.

Having a young team didn't help against Sporting especially during the PK shootouts.

but the most important thing is not having a world class player like Haaland, Mbappe, Salah or Kane to decide tough knockout matches.

It sucks that if they finish 2nd it will be seen as an epic failure.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Arsenal is a victim of its own success.

so much is expected now from a team that no one took as real contender to win the PL against Man City, before the season started.

Having a young team didn't help against Sporting especially during the PK shootouts.

but the most important thing is not having a world class player like Haaland, Mbappe, Salah or Kane to decide tough knockout matches.

It sucks that if they finish 2nd it will be seen as an epic failure.
I agree. I have been arguing for a while I think it might have been better if City were on top and we were chasing them...but I would have still wanted us to be shooting to win the Europa League.

Half the Arsenal fan base act like we are a big club and should be playing in the CL not bothering with the EL. It just grates because we have been in the wilderness for the past several years and we are not yet the finished article. When we win the title or are in a CL semi-final (whatever) okay brag all you want, but this trading on the past glories - nothing to so with the present set up - is annoying.

We'll now need to refocus against Palace this weekend who are getting increasingly desperate for a win (word is Patrick Viera is close to being fired) and I think if we don't absolutely paste them, things will look glum. Losing like that to Sporting (the mentality, tactics, team and substitutions were all over the place) was not a good look but worse, I honestly believe it knocks the confidence (doh!) as that was a tie we should have won comfortably. But, though we progressed through and outplayed teams, we never once looked at our best in Europe and that spoke volumes.

Regarding an absolute world class striker, I am not sure that's on Arteta's list. I believe he'll rely on spreading the goals around a front 4/6 players. Fair enough, but I would kill to have say a new version of Olivier Giroud join the squad. It seems Declan Rice is going to be the summer target. I am not convince the deal is done (as is being rumored) or on Declan Rice himself but we need to have a world class back up for Thomas Partey.

Onto the weekend I guess and I hope a thrashing of Palace with a temporary eight point lead over City as they play the FA Cup this weekend. City play Burnley which should be a fabulous game...Burley leading the Championship by a mile under Kompany!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good evening.After the unexpected and dramatic elimination against, Sporting,it is nice to see the team winning again in the Premier League.These guys can get it!Crystal Palace played better in the second half but Arsenal deserved the victory and still 8 points ahead