Arsenal F.C

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon. Another great victory by the team but Manchester City also won, so it seems that we will have to wait some more weeks.It is nice to see Gabriel Jesus scoring again in the league

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon. Arsenal is losing important points in the last weeks .First, it was Liverpool at Anfield and 2 days ago West Ham as visitors.To make matters worse,Manchester City is unstoppable beating all its rivals.This Friday the team must beat Southampton at home .The last weeks will be exciting

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good afternoon. Arsenal is losing important points in the last weeks .First, it was Liverpool at Anfield and 2 days ago West Ham as visitors.To make matters worse,Manchester City is unstoppable beating all its rivals.This Friday the team must beat Southampton at home .The last weeks will be exciting

Architects of our own downfall two games in a row.

2 x 2-0 leads but then poor game management. Allowing Zinchenko to wander all over the place and Liverpool get back into the game with the defense in disarray. Then Tierny in for Zinchenko against West Ham and Arteta has him playing the same idiotic midfield role instead of a straight defensive role. Both games with Saliba out. West Ham spring an offense and we get caught out yet again with a defense in a mess.

2nd half we just looked like headless chickens

Have always thought the team was too young for a title race and Arteta has yet to learn to manage games properly. All this talent but just not the mentality yet. Man City were brilliant against Bayern for two games and they looked unruffled throughout – no absurd set ups with their defense. Also, apparently Man City now have the least rotated squad in the PL and are yet challenging on three fronts. Lucky with injuries maybe but still enjoy a physical and psychological advantage.

I think what we need to do is drop the idea of title race and just settle for 2nd – enjoy the football from here on out and then look forward to the Champions League next season with the squad further strengthened.

waitandblead123

waitandblead123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm looking forward to the Arsenal vs Manchester City match, it will be an interesting game that will determine whether Arsenal will become champions.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
3 draws in the last 3 rounds and 7 goals conceded is too much to hope that you can still win the title of champion. City will win until the end and lift the trophy.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, the reaction of the team was too late for the victory.So many mistakes by some players in the last games.At least, they are still on top.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, that was a horror show - no one on the team looked like they wanted to be there – in my opinion the worst performance of the season.

That said, one silver lining was that last night Arsenal technically secured a Champions League place for 2023/24.

However, what this run of games have highlighted is Arteta’s lack of flexibility and creativity. Arteta is beginning to look a lot like Wenger – give creative players a lot of freedom and ‘things’ will just work out. Plan B, nowhere to be found.

For instance, fans had been discussing all week the main goal for this game was not to lose. With that in mind options had been discussed around playing a solid back four and midfield to cope with the injuries to regular players. In defense...Tierney. Gabriel, White (his actual role) and then Zinchenko at right back. Then Jorginho in for Xhaka but playing a deeper midfield role next to Partey. Additionally give serious consideration to playing Trossard up front instead of Gabriel Jesus. But, absolutely no changes.

Again, like Wenger, Arteta has shown odd personal preferences all season.

He has played Saka into the ground (70 plus games in a row) until at this point he looks physically and mentally spent. But, Reiss Nelson, who has looked like a live wire every time he has been subbed on has only played very limited minutes and not started a single game. All season the rumor has been Arsenal would let him go on a free at the end of the season as his contract is finished. This has annoyed so many fans.

Likewise Kiaran Tierney, one of the best left backs in the PL, frozen out for some ludicrous ‘inverted’ role Zinchenko has been allowed to play. Statistically, Zinchenko is not the key influential figure he has been lauded as. What he does is primarily weaken the defense. Meanwhile, Tierney now wants to leave and teams are lining up to sign him (Newcastle said to be the favored team).

Finally Trossard.

Trossard has been as important a figure as any in the team since his signing in January. But when Gabriel Jesus returned to the team Trossard was benched. Sort of understandable and Jesus did score goals. But he is not playing as well as before his injury. More importantly, with Trossard featured we won a long string of games, with Jesus back we have drawn three in a row and then lost. Trossard should have been starting.

In some ways I wish Man City had already risen to the top of the table so a certain amount of pressure was off the team and they could play with the confidence (maybe) they had throughout the season. But, I sense there might be further stumbles yet. This run of game have been appalling but I suppose all you can hope is that lessons have been learned...but as many are pointing out, Arteta for all his coaching skills seems really lacking when it comes to changing tactics and in game management.

Still, Champions League next season. Gotta look on the bright side.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Arsenal didn't choke, they didn't bottle the title.

This match was a reality check.

Man City and Arsenal are not at the same level.

Look at the Man City's bench.
Álvarez, Foden, Mahrez.
Any of them would be a starter if the played for Arsenal.

Look at the Arsenal Starting line up.
No one would be a starter if they played for Man City.

Haaland and De Bruyne are arguably the best players in their positions in the world.

Arsenal doesn't have a player like that.

Arsenal didn't play last season UCL and lost to Sporting in Europa League

Man City is the favorite to win this season UCL.

It is bitter pill to swallow after losing 4 x 1, but Arsenal is competing against a PetroDollar machine and finishing 2nd is a great accomplishment.

Images   2023 04 27T125912446

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Im happily suprised on Arsenals entire season. Lots of players who are still in the development phase, enough gunners own players (chemitsry+) showing their best in 30+ games, and only after that, start play the way what is close to the expected average.

Hope that there are lots of them left next year (y)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, both Arteta and his players could not deal with the pressure of the last games.The good thing is that Arsenal will play the UCL next season

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Arsenal outdo themselves every season. This time I was sure they would be the champions, it's incredible how they always fail.

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
It would have been great if Arsenal had managed to keep the points advantage they built up throughout the league, and after, I don't even know how many years, won the Premier League again.

But, realistically, Manchester City is a much stronger team and the title will go to them deservedly.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Even if they led the championship for so long and now they have few chances to win the title, I think that overall the gunners had a very good season and ARTETA's work must be appreciated and he deserves to be trusted to build an even better team for the next year.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sadly, now It is Manchester City the favorite to win the EPL this season.Unfortunately, Arsenal lost many opportunities to be on top till the last game.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against Chelsea, Arsenal was close to perfection during the first half.

If they play this kind of football, there is still hope to win the league.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent performance by Arsenal in yesterday´s game.When Chelsea scored the 3-1,I thought for some minutes that a new nightmare would begin.Fortunately, that did not happen this time.I hope Manchester City will not get the 3 points today

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Against Chelsea, Arsenal was close to perfection during the first half.

If they play this kind of football, there is still hope to win the league.
I would argue that Arsenal has yet played the best football throughout the season, Man City have played dull football at times.

But I fear no recovery from this last 4 game glitch...although Arteta did seem to take the calls for rotation to heart against Chelsea. Unfortunately, I can't see us getting anything at Newcastle in their present form- a draw would be a good result. That would put Man City 7 points ahead if they win their game in hand, with two games left.

That said, Arsenal really need to look good over these closing games. If the season fades poorly they will look less attractive to some potential transfers. There are a lot of rumblings about upcoming players (youth) and loanees being let go to bring in established ones.

Charley Patino (at Blackpool) has all but confirmed he wants out. It looks like Folarin Balogun (currently at Reims) will be sold even though he is close to top scorer in League1. Ditto Emile Smith-Rowe, Reiss Nelson, Sambi Lokonga (Crystal Palace) and Nuno Tavares (at Marseille).

Its harsh, but if Arsenal really do have ambitions to contend on all fronts then its necessary to bring in 3 to 4 top flight players.

There are some really interesting stats about how Guardiola has used his squad compared to Arteta. Man City have used a relatively small core squad of 18 players but rotated them heavily. Whereas Arteta has run a first eleven into the ground.

City's fourth used player (as in starting games) has started ten times less than Arsenal's - happens to be Martinelli. However, drop down to the 14 most used player and the City player has started ten times more than the Arsenal player. Arteta did not rotate his players even against the weaker teams.

Which explains in large part how City look fresh. I believe for instance Kevin De Bruyne has not even started the last two games. If you are going to follow in City's wake, then Arsenal need to shoot for 16 to 18 players that all move in and out of the team on a regular basis. Kiwior and Trossard are a good start and I want us to fight to keep Keiran Tierney. Add 4 serious players in the summer and we will have a 'first' 18 to play with as well.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Unbelievable.

Absolutely magnificent. Under the circumstances, for this season and the next, one of the most important games of the season and they took the test and passed it.

Best away record in the Premier League and hanging on to City!

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just watched the ARSENAL game, against NEWCASTLE, ARSENAL was the second team to beat NEWCASTLE, at the NEWCASTLE stadium, this end of season will be very exciting. and I believe that ARSENAL is the champion. !

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
big victory for the Gunners away against Newcastle, which still keeps alive the hope of the fans to see champions Arteta and company.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon. There is no doubt the Premier League is the most exciting league of the world .Both Arsenal and Newcasle brought us a fantastic game .The guys are still in the game and Newcastle deserves to play the next UCL.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sadly the hopes of winning the EPL this season are over.The truth is that it is very unlikely that Manchester can lose its last 3 games left.Great campaign by Arsenal anyway.Almost nobody expected it

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For the Gunners, this 2nd place is equivalent to winning the title... no one would have bet on Arsenal at the beginning of the season that they will fight for the title until the end of the championship

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Arsenal have done an excellent job on the transfer market this offseason. I am sure that the goals for the season in the APL will be maximum again: the fight for the championship! In fact, Arsenal have everything for that! Well, I want to congratulate the fans of this club with a return to the Champions League! (y):sneaky: