rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Tomorrow arsenal has a tough match against brigthon. We hope to get a good result. Brighton have been doing things well and it was not easy to beat them

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Tomorrow arsenal has a tough match against brigthon. We hope to get a good result. Brighton have been doing things well and it was not easy to beat them

Yeah, very tricky game.

But, this is where the players and Arteta now have to show their true quality. Regardless, Arsenal will go into the New Year on top but we really need to maintain that cushion of points against Manchester City. As Brighton have proven difficult to play at home in recent years, this is one team Arsenal have to beat to really set down a marker that they have top four credentials.

One very interesting fact about this game. Roberto De Zerbi, the Brighton manager had taken over the Ukrainian club Shakhtar Donetsk in May 2021 and then left over a year later to join Brighton due to the Russian invasion. But, when he was there he is credited with developing Mykhaylo Mudryk and getting him very focused on his fitness and focus because he thought Mudryk had immense potential. Mudryk had been highly rated since a young age but it was felt he lacked some discipline. Anyways, with De Zerbi's push, he is now Arsenal's main transfer target this window (though as you all know, it is proving a difficult negotiation for now).

TudorPithon

TudorPithon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Arsenal has started this Premier League very well, Do you think they can sustain this good level and fight for the title?
Hi,

Since the new season has started i think that they are playing the best fotball since Wenger left the team.

I rlly think that they have the first chance to win this season if they can keep this good form. It s true that is not easy to fight with amazing teams like City or Liverpool, but they have good players who are motivated to proof that they can win the title like Jesus,Saka,Odegard, etc.

So i would like to see them champions even i am not a big fan of Arsenal.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes! Seven points clear heading into 2023.

Could have done without Brighton scoring twice when Arsenal looked a little too relaxed...but...it was a cold and wet New Years Eve and City and Newcastle had both dropped points so all can be forgiven - four goals from four players the icing on the cake.

But that pass from Odegaard to set up Martinelli for the 4th was absolutely sublime!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Excellent victory by Arsenal against a very tough squad like Brighton.After the 0-3 I thought the game was mover but that team did not give up and made the last minutes a very exciting match.Odegaard was brilliant again but Martinelli was unstoppable yesterday.What a Fantastic wing!

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like how Arsenal play I hope they continue to play the same way and finally become champions

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think yes, it's time for them to win the Premier League.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Arsenal is on the way to the Premier League championship. Who would have thought before the start of the season! Once again, we are convinced that there are often many surprises in football.

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Great game by the team against a tough rival. Taking advantage of the fact that Manchester City and Newcastle left points along the way, they are now 7 points apart from Manchester City.

On the other hand, tomorrow Arsenal has another difficult match against one of their pursuers, Newcastle, let's hope the result is favorable for Arsenal and thus further stretch the advantage over them.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Great game by the team against a tough rival. Taking advantage of the fact that Manchester City and Newcastle left points along the way, they are now 7 points apart from Manchester City.

On the other hand, tomorrow Arsenal has another difficult match against one of their pursuers, Newcastle, let's hope the result is favorable for Arsenal and thus further stretch the advantage over them.

Yeah, I have a feeling the game against Newcastle might get a little contentious. I have really liked watching Newcastle until they played Leeds Utd last game.

It was the same very wet and cold weather as Arsenal faced but Newcastle seemed to think Leeds should roll over and let them win at home. They didn't. As the game progressed Newcastle appeared to get more and more ill tempered and often tried to provoke Leeds players into arguments and even fights. I don't think this comes from Eddie Howe as manager (I rate him highly), but from the players themselves who felt entitled to the win - hard to explain but I just thought them immature. Watching that game I wondered if that might show up against us (and other teams they have a hard time with - so far a lot has gone their way so we'll see).

Regarding the transfer window, all things with Mykhaylo Mudryk are at an odd stage. Arsenal and Mudryk have agreed personal terms and a five year contract...but, Shakhtar Donetsk have yet to agree to the improved offer. Very frustrating but hopefully the deal will close within days.

If the Mudryk deal is put to bed then they should sign one more player in midfield this window to give cover for Thomas Partey and then we can face the rest of the season feeling strong.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Today's match will be very difficult but playing at home ,it is Important to beat Newcastle and get the 3 points.I hope to see the Gunners one more week with the leadership

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A goalless draw which is somewhat frustrating but you have to be philosophical.

Newcastle, a close rival and top four contender make no ground on us. Like us they have one of the best defensive records in the League - they shut down Martinelli, Saka and Odegaard and we completely shut down Almiron and their attack. Dominated the possession at 67%, double the pases, shots and chances created but have to admit we never really troubled Pope in goal (who got away with a staggering amount of time wasting).

Regarding our players, I thought Zinchenko had a great game. With Odegaard being closed out, Zinchenko stepped up with some great through balls and link up play. One great point by Ian Wright after the game...Arsenal lacked a game changer to bring on from the bench. If anyone wonders why Arsenal want to sign Mykhaylo Mudryk, imagine bringing him on with his pace at 60 minutes against a tiring defense...

All that said, there is a five point gap now opening up from fourth place to fifth and I think most are getting the sense that the present top four teams could finish top four - maybe some changes from current positions but all would be happy with a Champions League spot.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Talking of time wasting by Newcastle…

Most football fans are now aware though games are 90 minutes long, on average only around sixty minutes of actual ‘ball in play’ time are played. Due to the growing concern over time wasting, at the World Cup FIFA urged the referees to account for time when play was stopped and this led to vastly increased extra time to compensate. Some games had fifteen minutes added on per half. I have been advocating for this for years and thought it an excellent move.

When I mention Newcastle’s time wasting above (they did precisely the same against Liverpool early in the season), I was not yet aware of this evening’s stat for ‘ball in play’ – all I knew was Pope wasted huge amounts of time at goal kicks as did Newcastle every time they got a free kick (ponderous setting up time) without the referee intervening.

Well believe it or not, a statistician has reported the ball was in play for only 43 minutes and 17 seconds in total. The referee, for all the yellow cards he handed out, did not hand out a single one for time wasting and then only added 5 minutes of extra time.

I think the game was evenly balanced in one sense, but as Arsenal dominated possession, shots and chances created, obviously, the odds would be in favor of Arsenal if say another twenty minutes were played. But, 43 minutes of actual play?

That is beyond a bad joke.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The next 5 games could be crucial for the title hopes. Arsenal will face Tottenham, Manchester United and City + Brentford that provided a couple of surprises this season. If they manage to get at least 10 points from these 5 games I think that they will have a good chance win the title

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Despite the fact we saw no goals in the game,this was an exciting match.Arsenal tried everything in order to get the 3 points but Newcastle's defence was superb yesterday.

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Tie between Arsenal and Newcastle yesterday. Although I think the tie was fair, Arsenal was the one who tried the most to take the 3 points of the two.
One thing to note is the amount of time that Newcastle lost, it is something that the referees should correct when adding minutes.

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
A goalless draw which is somewhat frustrating but you have to be philosophical.

Newcastle, a close rival and top four contender make no ground on us. Like us they have one of the best defensive records in the League - they shut down Martinelli, Saka and Odegaard and we completely shut down Almiron and their attack. Dominated the possession at 67%, double the pases, shots and chances created but have to admit we never really troubled Pope in goal (who got away with a staggering amount of time wasting).

Regarding our players, I thought Zinchenko had a great game. With Odegaard being closed out, Zinchenko stepped up with some great through balls and link up play. One great point by Ian Wright after the game...Arsenal lacked a game changer to bring on from the bench. If anyone wonders why Arsenal want to sign Mykhaylo Mudryk, imagine bringing him on with his pace at 60 minutes against a tiring defense...

All that said, there is a five point gap now opening up from fourth place to fifth and I think most are getting the sense that the present top four teams could finish top four - maybe some changes from current positions but all would be happy with a Champions League spot.

I have read about the signing of Mudryk that Chelsea has gotten into the fight to sign him. Let's hope he ends up signing for Arsenal.

As for a signing for the midfield, I would like Arsenal to make an attempt for Mac Allister, since he has just made a great World Cup and I think he could be of great help.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, rucucu, I'll give you the latest take from English journalists and Arsenal pundits...

First, most do not necessarily believe Chelsea are seriously interested at this point, it appears a tactic Shakhtar Donetsk are using to boost Mudryk's price. Apparently, Shakhtar Donetsk are sticking with their 100 million Euros asking price. They have cited the price paid for Grealish (Man City) and Anthony (Man United)...however, the Arsenal position taken is both clubs overpaid for those players (I would not want either at Arsenal) and so demanding Arsenal overpay for Mudryk 'just because' is not going down well.

So the sentiment today (I have just finished watching updates) is whilst the majority of fans want Mudryk to join the club, they are now saying walk away from the deal. As Arsenal's stock is rising the last thing the fans want is for clubs to take advantage of them as everyone does with Manchester United who overpay for everyone.

Tricky situation.

A few things to consider. The target was a Champion's League place this season with no expectation to win the Premier League. Now we are on top it's hard to remain chilled. But what we know we need is actually a pure striker and a solid midfielder, and if we signed those this window it should guarantee us top four. Mudryk has fantastic potential but we have more pressing needs in the squad.

Emile Smith-Rowe is finally back from injury for the FA Cup game at Oxford (next Monday night) and he was last season's top scorer. Next season we will have Charlie Patino (highly rated midfielder) and Folarin Balogan (currently third highest scorer in League 1) back from loan spells and they will join the senior team. So, looking at things as sensibly as possible, we need cover for six months. Perhaps it is better to cover the positions we are weak rather than splash for a future star - perhaps it would be better to spend big next summer rather than this window. What I do not like is the idea of the Mudryk transfer deal dragging on and on and becoming a distraction which will unsettle the team. Shakhtar Donetsk are already beginning to really irritate the Arsenal fan base.

Last edited:
EDSON 138

EDSON 138

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Arsenal this season is spectacular I don't think even Arteta expected that from the team

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Today Arsenal faces Oxford United for the third round of the FA CUP. Game that in theory should easily win, not only because of the difference in category and level but also because Oxford is doing very badly in March 24 in Football League One.

The good thing about these matches is that they help substitute players to gain rhythm of play and confidence

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.It seemed that the match was getting complicated.Fortunately,that only lasted 60 minutes.After Arsenal scored the first goal,Oxford could do nothing to avoid the defeat and the elimination.That said,the team must focus all their attention again in the Premier League,since they will play a new edition of the North London Derby as visitors this Sunday.This weekend will be amazing since we will have the Derby of Manchester on Saturday at OldTrafford

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Victory for Arsenal as expected, although it was costly to score the first goal, when it was possible to do so the game went easily.

On the other hand, on Sunday Arsenal has a tough game in their visit to Tottenham, let's hope we have a good result and keep the advantage of points