Arsenal F.C

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Arsenal has a good team to compete in the premier league, Arteta formed a group of players who get along very well, in addition to the reinforcements this season that have given him an additional bonus that the team needed, they look better and better playing, too bad They lost the game against Manchester City, which is their main rival for the title, but hey, they have a great team with sky-high confidence, a good balance between ages since the youngsters are gaining a lot of experience for the future and the veteran players contributing everything. to form a club and a winning team, which have always been but now they are coming back, good luck arsenal.

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Really poor game.

The team oddly mixed up and the mentality not there. It looked like we went there expecting PSV to roll over. But it was at their ground where they score fore fun and enjoy a loud and supportive home crowd. Never got started.

I couldn't watch the game, but I saw that there was a bit of rotation in the starting eleven. How did the team play?

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.It was a bad performance but the team was already in the next round.So, they must focus all their attention on the game against Nottingham Forest this Sunday.Arsenal should win this match in order to stay on top one more week but they will have to prove their superiority.This will not be an easy game at all.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I couldn't watch the game, but I saw that there was a bit of rotation in the starting eleven. How did the team play?
Very odd game.

Arsenal actually dominated possession first half, but did not create many threats. PSV came out second half very strong and we looked clueless. They deserved the win (they had three goals disallowed for offside which tells you everything). What made this worse was the rotation and substitutes did nothing to lift our game. Which had led me ask this question.

We are in a slump but is there a clear answer as to why? Arsenal haven't lost their talent overnight. Nor have they lost their pressing and tactics. One factor for sure is an amount of fatigue but then all teams are facing the same pressure. With this game it simply occured to me that what they are facing is mental pressure.

I do not think they are mentally ready for prime time, to be leading the Premier League. Yes, they have the talent and ability, but, they are all just too young and inexperienced and that also applies to Arteta. Everyone's game has dropped off but just weeks ago the likes of Saliba or Saka had some of the best stats in the league. It's mental pressure. As noted, the team was rotated to some degree, no one made an impact. The subs did not make an impact either. That cannot be physical fatigue so it has to be pressure.

I hardly think all is lost. We still lead the PL and EL group...but...I think the team needs a break as such. What they need is a statement win to remove some of the pressure. We face Nottingham Forrest at home next and please god we have a solid win. that will make all relax. Then we have Zurich at home also, and we should win that game (got to stay optimistic) and then win our EL group and save playing two extra games next round.

Then, in thinking about all this, I am going to pose something a little controversial. We then face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. If we were on form we could likely beat them. But, under the circumstances, I am not sure that taking a loss might benefit the team, because that would put man City on top of the league and then Arsenal could start playing as underdogs with less pressure mentally. Then the final game we have I believe is Wolves before the World Cup that we should win also.

Naturally I would love to win all the games before the WC but something is not working at the moment and that has been evident for several games. Again, I believe it comes down to be the youngest team in the PL and the pressure has stacked up -which is understandable.

If they can remove the pressure and start playing for the Champions League place (which was the end goal for this season) then I would hope we start flourishing again. Remember, we should then have three first team players - Zinchenko, Elneny and Smith-Rowe- back in the new year and that will have a calming effect also.

I think everyone has to be smart and philosophical at this point. Keep goals realistic and lower some expectations to take the pressure off and we should find out feet again!

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Very odd game.

Arsenal actually dominated possession first half, but did not create many threats. PSV came out second half very strong and we looked clueless. They deserved the win (they had three goals disallowed for offside which tells you everything). What made this worse was the rotation and substitutes did nothing to lift our game. Which had led me ask this question.

We are in a slump but is there a clear answer as to why? Arsenal haven't lost their talent overnight. Nor have they lost their pressing and tactics. One factor for sure is an amount of fatigue but then all teams are facing the same pressure. With this game it simply occured to me that what they are facing is mental pressure.

I do not think they are mentally ready for prime time, to be leading the Premier League. Yes, they have the talent and ability, but, they are all just too young and inexperienced and that also applies to Arteta. Everyone's game has dropped off but just weeks ago the likes of Saliba or Saka had some of the best stats in the league. It's mental pressure. As noted, the team was rotated to some degree, no one made an impact. The subs did not make an impact either. That cannot be physical fatigue so it has to be pressure.

I hardly think all is lost. We still lead the PL and EL group...but...I think the team needs a break as such. What they need is a statement win to remove some of the pressure. We face Nottingham Forrest at home next and please god we have a solid win. that will make all relax. Then we have Zurich at home also, and we should win that game (got to stay optimistic) and then win our EL group and save playing two extra games next round.

Then, in thinking about all this, I am going to pose something a little controversial. We then face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. If we were on form we could likely beat them. But, under the circumstances, I am not sure that taking a loss might benefit the team, because that would put man City on top of the league and then Arsenal could start playing as underdogs with less pressure mentally. Then the final game we have I believe is Wolves before the World Cup that we should win also.

Naturally I would love to win all the games before the WC but something is not working at the moment and that has been evident for several games. Again, I believe it comes down to be the youngest team in the PL and the pressure has stacked up -which is understandable.

If they can remove the pressure and start playing for the Champions League place (which was the end goal for this season) then I would hope we start flourishing again. Remember, we should then have three first team players - Zinchenko, Elneny and Smith-Rowe- back in the new year and that will have a calming effect also.

I think everyone has to be smart and philosophical at this point. Keep goals realistic and lower some expectations to take the pressure off and we should find out feet again!
It's true what you say playing with that pressure is complicated for a young team. The second half of the matches are costing us the same, copntra psv and southampton, both marked us in the second half. I hope today to win in a decisive way against Nottingham Forest to regain the top of the tournament and then win in El to make sure we go top of the group.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.This was a very good performance by Arsenal.After the second goal, Nottinham Forest could do nothing more in the game.I did love the goal Thomas made.!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Fantastic game!

I said they need a statement win to take the pressure off and things could not have gone better than 5-0 over Forest! A great opening goal for Martinelli, two for Reiss Nelson, a thing of beauty for Thomas Partey and another for team captain Odegaard.

Fantastic stats for Gabriel Jesus - once again can we drop the crap about his goal scoring? Officially two assists (but actually three as one Reiss Nelson goal was first parried by the goalie) more touches than anyone on the pitch and more attempted tackles than any other player. His workrate is phenomenal.

By the by, that Saka injury came from this early (52 seconds - shown in the highlights) clumsy foul at the very start of the game. Let's hope it was a temporary knock. I am happy even some pundits and articles have now pointed out referees are allowing too much fouling of Arsenal in general -this is not just fans whining anymore but journalists saying this has to stop.

Other than that, fabulous day at The Emirates

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Fantastic game!

I said they need a statement win to take the pressure off and things could not have gone better than 5-0 over Forest! A great opening goal for Martinelli, two for Reiss Nelson, a thing of beauty for Thomas Partey and another for team captain Odegaard.

Fantastic stats for Gabriel Jesus - once again can we drop the crap about his goal scoring? Officially two assists (but actually three as one Reiss Nelson goal was first parried by the goalie) more touches than anyone on the pitch and more attempted tackles than any other player. His workrate is phenomenal.

By the by, that Saka injury came from this early (52 seconds - shown in the highlights) clumsy foul at the very start of the game. Let's hope it was a temporary knock. I am happy even some pundits and articles have now pointed out referees are allowing too much fouling of Arsenal in general -this is not just fans whining anymore but journalists saying this has to stop.

Other than that, fabulous day at The Emirates

Excellent game yesterday. It was played very well and in the second half all the scoring situations that were created were materialized.

The not so good part of the game is Saka's injury, hopefully it's nothing serious.

As for Gabriel Jesus, his game was excellent, both creating spaces, assisting teammates or defending. I remember a ball that he recovered (in the first half) in our field that ended in a corner for the rival, that speaks of how committed he is to helping the team

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Important game tomorrow, not so much because of the rival, but because of what it defines. I think we should win without problems and in this way ensure the first place in the group

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Job done, we win the group and therefore avoid the two extra games before the final rounds.

That said frustrating watch for a few reasons. The first being the referee who was officious when he did not need to be then slack at other times. At one point Kieran Tierney having his shirt ripped in half without even receiving a foul.

Regarding more serious matters, a highly rotated team for Arsenal which meant a lack of cohesion. Once again (hate to say this) Eddie Nketiah, Albert Sami Lokonga and Reiss Nelson failed to impress and I have a feeling they are going to be facing the consequences of their poor showings by the end of the season.

The positives. Elneny back and played for 60 minutes - he looked like he did not miss a beat, calm and assured in midfield. Fabio Vieira looked lively and he gave the impression he just needs more game time to bed in properly. Also Zinchenko was warming up on the sidelines and though he was not brought on...so that means two of the first team absentees now back from injury.

Finally a cracking goal by Kieran Tierney. As he hasn’t had a lot of game time it was great he had a good game and scored.

However, the first round of early kick off games were tense affairs. Manchester United failing to score twice and therefore facing the two extra play off games. But Group F was a nightmare with all 4 teams ending up on 8 points. Lazio started the game on top of their group but then dropped to third after defeat to Feyenoord and a poor goal difference. Yikes - they went out!

Next up, Chelsea at the ‘Bridge’ on Sunday. It’s a draining schedule.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know if he's going to be champion, but if he keeps playing like this I think he's going to fight to be

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Really looking forward to see how thwy finish the year

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The victory that assures us the first place in the group was achieved. With a team that rotated a lot in its starting lineup. The good part is that the two extra games are avoided, the bad part is that some players still don't show the level to be in the first team.

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
On the other hand, returning to the PL, Arsenal will play a tough game at Stamford Bridge. I hope that the team does not generate extra pressure to play the game knowing the result of Manchester City vs Fulham

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all comes down to the two head to head games versus Man City in my opinion if Arsenal want to seriously challenge for title - they have without doubt surprised everyone and they made some very good buys in the summer.
I still think Arsenal need another top Striker though.
Xhaka has been amazing and with Saka free from recent injury and the pace of Martinelli - its a frightening team going forward.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think they will be able to continue to maintain the same level and fight for the title

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It all comes down to the two head to head games versus Man City in my opinion if Arsenal want to seriously challenge for title - they have without doubt surprised everyone and they made some very good buys in the summer.
I still think Arsenal need another top Striker though.
Xhaka has been amazing and with Saka free from recent injury and the pace of Martinelli - its a frightening team going forward.
Yeah, another striker and another midfielder as the brilliant Thomas Partey is so prone to injury.

It will be interesting to see what Arsenal do (or do not do) in the January transfer window because it will make or break their season. They have been linked with many players already but most seem like football gossip/speculation as normal.

I have been following one player, Jonathan David who plays for Lille in Ligue 1. Classic center forward with great positioning. David is a Canadian of Haitian heritage and he is a cool player, scores at will in a very composed manner (slots lots of goals in rather than lashing at everything). Very physical and strong and seems to have a smart head on his shoulders and a lot of ambition. The fact he is still at Lille after the 2021/22 season surprised many... but the belief is he will move to a really big team sooner rather than later. He was 'linked' with a move to Man U last summer. David would be a statement signing which would signal intent.

David scored 24 goals last year (Lille and canada) and he has scored 9 goals in 13 games this season. Not sure the club will go this route but we can dream...here is a highlight clip of Jonathan David 21/22 which shows his composure -

Last edited:
gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think Martinelli will score two goals tomorrow at Stamford Bridge. I'm tempted to bet on it

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Arsenal can beat Chelsea but this will be really a complicated game.One more week on top, I hope so.A great game to watch early in the morning of Lima(7am).Good luck with your bets mates

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good afternoon.Arsenal can beat Chelsea but this will be really a complicated game.One more week on top, I hope so.A great game to watch early in the morning of Lima(7am).Good luck with your bets mates
Love this to be true - I’d enjoy it more than beating Spurs at home.

But, yes, it is complicated as there is real pressure on Chelsea to perform for several reasons.

The team spent big in the summer but recruitment was an utter debacle which meant they brought in Graham Potter to sort out the mess. Potter desperately needs a big win to show they are on the right track -especially after the Brighton spanking last week.

We beat them 2-4 last season at Stamford Bridge which they really did not enjoy.

Arsenal have supplanted Chelsea in the League which is bugging the hell out of the fans, so they will be very pumped to support their team.

Aubameyang (who I never liked) was humiliated by Mikel Arteta who had had enough of his prima donna attitude – he’ll want to pay the favor back.

On paper, we should beat them. However, I have already said I believe that there is a certain fragility about being young and leading the League. I think it’s just a little too much pressure. I want the win but would be quite happy with 4 points from the Chelsea and Wolves games. Even Man City are not exactly hitting on all cylinders at the moment and just scrapped a win today.

It will be very interesting to see if Zinchenko is played because that might be potentially our strongest team, if he is fit. That said, Tierney had a great game on Thursday so I’d be happy with him at left back.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think they will be able to continue to maintain the same level and fight for the title
Despite all the results, I admit to being surprised by Arsenal's performance, but I don't believe they will be Premier League champions.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning, .Despite the fact that this was a very tactical match there is no doubt Arsenal deserved the victory,especially in the second half when they controlled the game easily.I do not remember any dangerous attacks by Chelsea.I really thought it was going to be more complicated.I think Thomas was the best of all the players today.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good morning, .Despite the fact that this was a very tactical match there is no doubt Arsenal deserved the victory,especially in the second half when they controlled the game easily.I do not remember any dangerous attacks by Chelsea.I really thought it was going to be more complicated.I think Thomas was the best of all the players today.
Wow, wow, wow.

That was something else. Whatever was affecting the team in terms of pressure now seems to be in the rear view mirror.

That was a definitive and comprehensive beating. Arsenal dominated the midfield and defense with the Chelsea attack ending up in Partey, Saliba and Gabriel’s back pockets. The tiki-taka play seen all over the pitch was a joy to be seen. The only thing which seemed solid for Chelsea was their defense and it took a quirky goal to get through them but 0-1 gives no impression of the Arsenal dominance which is seen in every stat.

I believe, in context, that was Arsenal's most important game of the season and they breezed it.

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Important victory in a very difficult field.
Orderly and very intelligent game of the Arsenal that managed to take the 3 points for home and thus maintain the top of the tournament.