Arsenal F.C

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon,If Arsenal can qualify for the next UCL ,it will be a great season for them.They are playing so well these days so ,I think , they can achieve it.That game against Liverpool will be really a tough one.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
how they play they will definitely finish in the top 4, for the title I think it is very difficult for anyone to oppose City's resistance, but the fight for a place in the UCL is open

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Great game yesterday vs Liverpool, a very important victory to continue at the top of the tournament. winning this type of matches against the other teams of "The Big Six" makes the team believe in itself even more

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
how they play they will definitely finish in the top 4, for the title I think it is very difficult for anyone to oppose City's resistance, but the fight for a place in the UCL is open
I think that if they continue with this level they can fight the tournament. It is true that they are one step below Manchester City, but the hopes of fighting for the league remain.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.What a great match I´ve seen yesterday.It has been one of the best games of the season.Martinelly was superb with those amazing driblings .Ireally hope Arsenal will fight till the end.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Really huge victory for Arsenal yesterday.

I didn't believe that they could score the third goal, after Liverpool scored the second goal. I think that Arsenal is a very strong candidate for this season's title.

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Really huge victory for Arsenal yesterday.

I didn't believe that they could score the third goal, after Liverpool scored the second goal. I think that Arsenal is a very strong candidate for this season's title.

If they maintain this level, it is possible that they will fight for the title, but the truth is that the season is long and there is still a long way to go. The team does not have substitutes for some key players, such as Gabriel Jesus, and it is something that if they want to fight for the league, they will have to solve in the next market

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it looks like the Arsenal coaching staff did a good job in the offseason, now the team is in great shape, this is the reason for the high performance, but the season can only be said to have just begun, and it is clear from last seasons that the team can give out a series of failed matches, Arsenal has been very impressed with me since the time of Henri, but there are no big names in the team in any case, I don't think that at the end of the season Arsenal will easily gain a foothold in the Champions League four

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No serious Arsenal fan is talking of winning the Premier League. It's ridiculous.

For starters, even if running on the same form as Manchester City through the entire season (unlikely) that would necessitate us beating City which is also unlikely.

Arsenal are positioned really well and, in my opinion, actually playing better football than City. But they do not have the same depth of players. We are sitting pretty in defense with arguably 6 quality backs that are interchangeable. Tomiyasu, a right back being moved to left back and taking Salah out of the Liverpool game highlighted the versatility.

Midfield is a problem if Partey gets re-injured. Odegaard and Viera are creative but light players, Elneny is out indefinitely. Partey is a midfield enforcer, arguably the one of the best in the PL and at some point Arsenal will need to pay a world class fee for another world class player to replace/supplement Partey.

The other key area where we lack is a pure striker. Gabriel Jesus is brilliant in his current role but not as the key striker necessarily. Jesus is fantastic at pulling defenses apart and scoring. But one could argue if we had another pure stiker, both Zaka and Martinelli can also pull defenses apart.

We are close but not quite there - we'll need at least another transfer window (summer) to bolster the squad for a real run at the League. In the interim, day dream about the League for sure, but keep our feet on the ground and guarantee ourselves a Champions League place because that
will guarantee Arsenal they can sign the calibre of players they want to compete for both the League and the CL.

Arsenal are playing the best football in the League at the moment. That's an end in itself and a clear sign of how much the club has progressed under Arteta. However, placing unrealistic expectations onto the youngest squad in the League is not a good idea.

Last edited:
rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No serious Arsenal fan is talking of winning the Premier League. It's ridiculous.

For starters, even if running on the same form as Manchester City through the entire season (unlikely) that would necessitate us beating City which is also unlikely.

Arsenal are positioned really well and, in my opinion, actually playing better football than City. But they do not have the same depth of players. We are sitting pretty in defense with arguably 6 quality backs that are interchangeable. Tomiyasu, a right back being moved to left back and taking Salah out of the Liverpool game highlighted the versatility.

Midfield is a problem if Partey gets re-injured. Odegaard and Viera are creative but light players, Elneny is out indefinitely. Partey is a midfield enforcer, arguably the one of the best in the PL and at some point Arsenal will need to pay a world class fee for another world class player to replace/supplement Partey.

The other key area where we lack is a pure striker. Gabriel Jesus is brilliant in his current role but not as the key striker necessarily. Jesus is fantastic at pulling defenses apart and scoring. But one could argue if we had another pure stiker, both Zaka and Martinelli can also pull defenses apart.

We are close but not quite there - we'll need at least another transfer window (summer) to bolster the squad for a real run at the League. In the interim, day dream about the League for sure, but keep our feet on the ground and guarantee ourselves a Champions League place because that
will guarantee Arsenal they can sign the calibre of players they want to compete for both the League and the CL.

Arsenal are playing the best football in the League at the moment. That's an end in itself and a clear sign of how much the club has progressed under Arteta. However, placing unrealistic expectations onto the youngest squad in the League is not a good idea.

I agree with what you say, they are a young team, but to be able to fight Manchester City they will have to make a good market and reinforce positions in which they have no replacement. I also really like the way they are playing.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I agree with what you say, they are a young team, but to be able to fight Manchester City they will have to make a good market and reinforce positions in which they have no replacement. I also really like the way they are playing.
Yup.

Arsenal, club and fans, are in a fantastic place at the moment because everyone is behind the club, management and players and the team in return appears to play for the fans.

All anyone wants with their club is to see it is progressing and Arsenal are doing it at a very fast pace. That said, the larger (and slightly longer) goal is to be seriously competitive in the Premier League and Champions League. Well, for now we are in the Europa League and that is a great stepping stone and I want us to go as far as possible...but the PL and CL is where the club is aiming.

The goal has to be focus game to game...Bodo/Glimt tonight will be tricky and then Leeds next in the PL which will not be a walk over either. But, these are the wins that Arsenal need to tuck away. In the interim the blockbuster this weekend is Liverpool (who have sprung back into form against us and the Rangers) against Man City. A draw would be good but a Liverpool win even better.

It's shaping up to be a fantastic season!

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Good win against Bodo/Glimt to maintain the leadership of group A, tomorrow will be a tough game against Leeds, hopefully we will continue to play great football and win the game

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Arsenal has a gap at the top of the league, which brings it's own stress; will be interesting to see if maintain their form with expectations rising. I expect their form to drop in the next six league games, falling back into mediocrity.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Arsenal has a gap at the top of the league, which brings it's own stress; will be interesting to see if maintain their form with expectations rising. I expect their form to drop in the next six league games, falling back into mediocrity.

Falling back into mediocrity?

Hardly.

First, as noted, no Arsenal fan had expectations they would win the League. All they wanted to do was to see the squad improve and the team and Arteta are exceeding all expectations on that front. Further, it was predicted just a few posts ago that the games against Bodo Glimt and Leeds would be very difficult. Elland Road is and always has been a caldron for everyone. Leeds raise their game for the top end teams which is why they took Chelsea to the cleaners earlier in the season.

But the longer Arsenal lead the League, the more each and every team will aim to take them down by raising their game, so they will face teams at their best. It has also been pointed out that Arsenal are still a few players short of a truly competitive squad and inevitably, with European games to contend with, they will underperform in certain games due to the heavy workload.

But that applies to everyone - Chelsea had to sack their manager, Liverpool suffered failure to launch until this week, City added a loss to their two draws, Spurs are playing dull as dishwater football and Manchester United still look like they have not got a clue.

So, I and most Arsenal fans will take where they currently reside in the table fully aware this will be a difficult if not impossible position to maintain. Champions League, bringing in all the young players to the squad and then strengthening next summer are the accessible goals.

Falling back into mediocrity?

A silly, salty comment born out of envy rather than reality. Did you miss last season where Arsenal had already improved in leaps and bounds without the likes of Jesus, Zinchenko and Saliba on hand- they are already firmly established as far from mediocre. Which would explain why (doh!) they have won 9 out of their first 10 games.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt it, since Arsenal is hardly able to compete with MC, Chelsea or Liverpool, although he started very well, everything will be decided in the second part of the championship

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Its actually quite shame that their wednesdays clash against Man City was postponed especially now would have been like perfect time to play them since City are winless & goalless in the last 2 matches ...

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Its actually quite shame that their wednesdays clash against Man City was postponed especially now would have been like perfect time to play them since City are winless & goalless in the last 2 matches ...
Agree. though it would (of course) have been tough.

It funny as an AFC fan to watch other fans lose their **** over the resurgence of the club. It is not about absolute success either in terms of Championships and Cup wins (well, Arsenal have won the most FA Cups). I believe it's down to the lingering resentment of The Invincibles season and the fact that Arsenal established a tradition of playing flair football. That season has yet to be replicated and it remains a unique bar which all other teams have failed to achieve.

Through the end of the Wenger era things tailed off badly and it took Arteta's appointment to begin to restructure a team that the fans would appreciate - one that works hard and plays with real style. That's why all the top club's fans have issues with Arsenal - it's another team that have re- entered the fray of top 6 and top 4 when some of those teams felt they were entitled to those places.

This is technically the third season of that rebuild and though most felt Arteta was not up to the task, the owners and board stuck with him and now things have come good with the youngest team in the League.

It's a cause of resentment which in turn reveals that others are now fearful of Arsenal moving in a strong direction. So it's actually all good .

A Champions League spot and some deep cup runs and the Arsenal fans will be more than happy.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Arsenal have had a great start to the season. They are doing very well so far, but the real test will be Man City.

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Great victory yesterday, in a very complicated game. Leeds made things very difficult for us, but the victory was obtained. Another proof that Arsenal is a strong team that will fight to return to the UCL. Demonstrating a game idea in each game.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.The good thing is that Arsenal won the match.Leeds played pretty well and deserved, at least, the draw.Fortunately, for Arsenal the VAR worked well.This was not the best version of the team but,in this case, the 3 points is what really matter.

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Good morning! How do you think Arsenal will do today in the match against PSV for EL?

jrportes21

jrportes21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think so, Gabriel Jesus is doing very well at the beginning of the season.

jrportes21

jrportes21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Good morning! How do you think Arsenal will do today in the match against PSV for EL?
I believe Arsenal will win and playing well, Aida did not lose in the league, and will be 100% in this first phase.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Good victory by Arsenal.They dominated all the game and will be in the next round.PSV could not do more .There was a big difference between the 2 teams.Well deserved.