FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
great fight by Grasso!
Indeed! That was so impressive. I like Shevchenko a lot but wanted Alexa Grasso to win. I found myself with watering eyes after her victory. :D

Thought the media was going to talk about it but almost everything I've seen is about Jon Jones, which is such a shame. And BTW, their fight was so much better tahn Jones vs Gane, well, it really was a fight to begin with. LOL

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did anyone see Jones interviewed on the post fight show? I think he has been replaced by a 245 pound alien. All quotations paraphrasing:

"First, I have to say, I dedicate my life and this victory to my saviour Jesus Christ"
"I won a $50K bonus?!? Really? I'm going to be giving that to an Abuquerque charity that provides housing for the less fortunate. That money will all be going back to the citizens of Abuquerque."

This is a far cry from "I like poking people in the eyes. Wah, wah go cry about it". And "excuse me, I have to go do some coke and injure some people driving under the influence before assaulting my wife".

He was sitting with the panel, and they just sat there smiling, and then didn't mention it after he was gone. At the very end, they were throwing to closing credits, Anik said something about turning one's life around and "we'll see how it goes".

Jones probably is the MMA goat, but like someone once said, he is also MMA's Kanye West.

Pretty hard to be a fan of the person and the fact he keeps using religion to cover all his wrongdoing is very disingenuous.

All the praying in front of the camera..

I wanted to puke when i was watching Embedded. so fake.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Pretty hard to be a fan of the person and the fact he keeps using religion to cover all his wrongdoing is very disingenuous.

All the praying in front of the camera..

I wanted to puke when i was watching Embedded. so fake.
I strongly disagree!
How do you know if the guy has made a change in his personal life? Why does his praying bother you so much? (I could care less if he prayed to a statue of Godzilla).

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I strongly disagree!
How do you know if the guy has made a change in his personal life? Why does his praying bother you so much? (I could care less if he prayed to a statue of Godzilla).
I unironically think It's more likely Godzilla being a real thing than Jon Jones ever becoming a half decent person.

DC was spot on here when Jon got exposed here being fake af.

Jones: "Hey p---y, are you still there?"

Cormier: "I'm here, I'm here. You are just the fakest person. I actually admire that you can actually be this fake, and like, when the TV comes on, how you can just change. It's like you're a chameleon. It's awesome."

Pretty insane the guy still has fans after this record:

wife beater, hit n run a pregnant woman, DUIs, battery allegations, not to mention the stuff related to MMA: eye pokes, oblique kicking the knees to cause severe injury to his opponents (still don't know why those are still legal) and steroids.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I unironically think It's more likely Godzilla being a real thing than Jon Jones ever becoming a half decent person.

DC was spot on here when Jon got exposed here being fake af.

Jones: "Hey p---y, are you still there?"

Cormier: "I'm here, I'm here. You are just the fakest person. I actually admire that you can actually be this fake, and like, when the TV comes on, how you can just change. It's like you're a chameleon. It's awesome."

Pretty insane the guy still has fans after this record:

wife beater, hit n run a pregnant woman, DUIs, battery allegations, not to mention the stuff related to MMA: eye pokes, oblique kicking the knees to cause severe injury to his opponents (still don't know why those are still legal) and steroids.

That video is from 8 years ago! People can change... sometimes dramatically.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with the UFC is that Dana White will no longer present the fights on per pay, vew, now he has his own Streaming and whoever wants to see it here in brazil will have to have his channel paid separately.
In my opinion, audiences will decrease, because when we pay for TV services, we are not just looking for fights, we are looking for sports, movies and documentaries, fights are just a plus on sports channels, we manage to keep the UFC, because the TV operator , already presented the Belator and One fight.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The problem with the UFC is that Dana White will no longer present the fights on per pay, vew, now he has his own Streaming and whoever wants to see it here in Brazil will have to have his channel paid separately.
In my opinion, audiences will decrease, because when we pay for TV services, we are not just looking for fights, we are looking for sports, movies and documentaries, fights are just a plus on sports channels, we manage to keep the UFC, because the TV operator , already presented the Belator and One fight.

It is different here where I live.
It seems your view >>> 'what is in Brazil' = 'what is in the rest of the World'

Here in canada I'm able to watch most of the UFC fights on TSN (The Sports Network) which I have included in my cable tv package. (I also receive stuff like UFC Unleashed, etc. included in my cable tv)

UFC 'Pay per View' fights have been around as long as UFC (the first UFC fights were pay per view - - Nov.12, 1993 I watched them while working as a Bouncer in a stripclub (MarbleArch in Vancouver).

Pay Per Views help the fighter earn big paydays!

Here I find it's great that we actually get so many UFC fights that aren't Pay per View... often they are better than the Pay per View cards. Pay per Views seem to have gotten a bit cheaper here over the past year or so... everything else is going up in cost/price but UFC Pay per View is going lower.

t1tpfdc

t1tpfdc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I strongly disagree!
He can definitely pray to whoever or whatever he wants, but that doesn 't mean I want to pay to see it. I tune in to watch the fights. He can worship on his own time.
Also, I don't believe it for a second .....

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Jon Jones may be a Pos for all the things he does outside the cage but inside it he may go down as the best to ever be in it.. Another note Grasso will not win the rematch

Greg0201

Greg0201

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Jon Jones may be a Pos for all the things he does outside the cage but inside it he may go down as the best to ever be in it.. Another note Grasso will not win the rematch
i think Jones is probably gonna be the GOAT for a very long time.. i dont know who can match him in the cage.. tbh they guy he was gonna fight for the belt i think might of knocked him out.. but ofc that guy isnt in the ufc anymore so we will never know lol

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Probably not, Shevchenko is really, really good! But one thing is for sure, nobody can ever take away that victory from Alexa Grasso and the fact that she is the UFC flyweight champion.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm glad I didn't bet yesterday. I was pretty sure Usman was going to beat Leon this time. Great fight.

Colby with an impressive 2-2 record is going to get a title shot. SMH

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Gaethje
Has always been my favorite ufc fighter. Max Holloway a close 2nd.

t1tpfdc

t1tpfdc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm glad I didn't bet yesterday. I was pretty sure Usman was going to beat Leon this time. Great fight.
Agree, would have definitly lost that one .
And would have had money on Fiziev. Thought that was a sure thing also.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought Izzy was going to beat Poatan by points, but was not expecting a KO.

Very impressive.

a trilogy makes sense

IMG 20230409 151037

Last edited:
t1tpfdc

t1tpfdc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Issy sure pulled rabbit out of his hat there! Well done!

t1tpfdc

t1tpfdc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Max looked pretty good after a long break, but will have to do better to beat Volkanovski ...

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Max looked like typical max.. 5 round decision nothing spectacular he will never best Volk.. he’s just levels above Max and the others. This weekends card doesn’t look like much either

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Co-main event and main event were pretty disappointting last night.

Durinho shouldn't have fought yesterday. It's going to be hard to fight for the title again

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That Dern Hill fight last night was absolute insanity!! Few bright spots in the cars with Hooper and the Ko from Buckley aside from that the fights were mediocre at best, great call to move the Dern fight to the main event she put a master class on hill could have been stopped a few times great performance

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The judging in the main event tonight was just fk'n horrendous! Kai was robbed. I think he won 4 rounds and the only round he lost, he managed to stand up with buddy on his back, shake him off & reverse him and then pound him with elbows til' the end of the round.
Fire the judges!
It's time for the UFC to have their own judges & hire in some ex-fighters for the jobs. Some of these judges couldn't keep their grandmothers off them (& they're looking like they could be great grandfathers themselve's).
FFS! Time for a change!

And then to call for a title shot after that fight? Pfff.. give me a break!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Won every single bet tonight except for one small bet on Nate & one small parlay bet because of Nate.
The Main Event was disappointing. Aldana was just nowhere near ready. She looked frozen/handcuffed.

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi all

UFC289

Didn't disappoint

Amanda Nunes hangs them up after a convincing victory what a reign.

I'll never forget the fight with Cyborg thanks for all the entertainment happy retirement Lioness.

She also probably retired a division as well.

And lastly Charles "Do Bronxs" Olivera is back baby always entertains bricks for hands insane he was the underdog.

Looking forward to Olivera v Islam 2

let's go

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would agree with the above aldana was clearly not ready for nunes as most of her opponents aren’t. Olivera looked fantastic gutted for Benny as this loss eliminates him from ever getting a title shot.. hats off to the Canadians who showed up and swept the card what a great night would have been a nice parlay to hit!!!