Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm hoping Alex Pereira wins tonight.

I made no bets, BTW.

Looking forward to this card, especially Poirier vs Chandler.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow that was a great card!! Was great to see Dan Hooker get back in the win column.. awful to see Frankie get KOD like that in his final fight but that’s usually the way it goes down in mma. Poirier and chandler was an absolute banger as advertised both easily could have fell in the first round deeper water Poirier got his back and his patience got him a finish. Weilei got her belt back and New champ periera for his 5th round stoppage of Izzy

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow. This is why MMA is one of the best sports to watch, both Adensaya and Usman were clearly winning their fights before they got KO'd in the 5th round.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
GREAT FIGHT by Stevie WonderBoy Thompson on the weekend.... quite possibly his best showing ever in the UFC.
I bet on WonderBoy after telling myself I'd never bet on him again (it was upsetting to me in the past when he seemed to go overboard on the 'good sportsmanship'(?) during the fights... ie. 'High Fiving' numerous times in each round). He definitely turned things around for himself in this fight. Spends a week before the fight, hanging out with his new great friend Kevin Holland (his opponent in the MainEvent), hugs, giggles, high fives.. giving props to each other during the fight for good punches/kicks. :( BUT when it came down to it, Stevie put it on him! Kevin seemed over confident prior to the fight but you could see that change rapidly once Stevie put a kicking clinic on him. The final turn in the fight was when Kevin claimed 'low blow' which REALLY did not look like a low blow at all in the tape review. After that, no more Hi Fives by Wonderboy... instead a series of high kicks followed by a ton more to the body of Holland (seriously should've targeted Holland's body more earlier on imo).
That Holland has a head made of concrete! And a jaw of steel. Unreal!

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What are others thoughts on the Pimblett fight on Saturday? Imo Jared Gordon got absolutely screwed by the ufc judges, Paddy had no answer for Gordon’s left hand and was exposed for most of the fight 30-27 all day long . 4 wins in the ufc in a row and now what?? A ranked opponent?? Any top 15 fighter would destroy him handily

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What are others thoughts on the Pimblett fight on Saturday? Imo Jared Gordon got absolutely screwed by the ufc judges, Paddy had no answer for Gordon’s left hand and was exposed for most of the fight 30-27 all day long . 4 wins in the ufc in a row and now what?? A ranked opponent?? Any top 15 fighter would destroy him handily
Yah I completely agree! Well he made his money while he could... I'll give him that. That was b.s. for Gordon though. I also had a bet on him but means little obviously... I just felt so bad for him... all that preparation to just get robbed.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dana and his wife are really taking the promotion of the Power Slap League to a whole new level.

Images 52
Images 53

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow. Volkanovski is my new favourite fighter right now.

His wrestling defense yesterday was 💪

Last edited:
FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips

He's wrestling defense yesterday was 💪
He won that fight IMO. But it was a close fight. Certainly a 48-47 fight. The judge that scored it 49-46 should not be allowed to do so ever again.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Great showing from Volk! Islam deserved to win the fight it was close but he did enough barely… the P4P rankings with Vollk holding the 1 spot is 100 correct also he shouldn’t be punished for stepping up a weight class to barely be beaten

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Great showing from Volk! Islam deserved to win the fight it was close but he did enough barely… the P4P rankings with Vollk holding the 1 spot is 100 correct also he shouldn’t be punished for stepping up a weight class to barely be beaten
Exactly. If anything (considering Islam won the fight), the fact the fight at 155 was so close should be another reason for Volkanovski to remain as the number 1 P4P.

Tomorrow's main event will be very interesting: Andrade vs Blanchfield. Let's see if Blanchfield can deal with Andrade.

And looking forward to Jim Miller vs Alexander Hernández.

Last edited:
cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The return and new heavyweight Jon Jones faces Ciryl Gane this weekend.. who do you guys think wins it? Will Bones be rusty with the long lay-off or will we get prime Jon Jones?? Be interesting to see that’s for sure!!!

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many questions to be answered.

Jones is a better overall fighter, but 3 years of inactivity and moving to HW could take a toll on him.

He doesn't look as lean as he used to be.

IMG 20230302 125921

Tough fight to predict, but I think HW experience and ring rust will favour this fight to Gane

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

His wrestling defense yesterday was 💪

Yes he won a new fan here too. It also gives me an even better understanding of just how great Max Holloway truly is!

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So many questions to be answered.

Jones is a better overall fighter, but 3 years of inactivity and moving to HW could take a toll on him.

He doesn't look as lean as he used to be.

View attachment 325782

Tough fight to predict, but I think HW experience and ring rust will favour this fight to Gane
Tough to say Jones has been fighting for 15 years gane not so much.. Francis out wrestled him severely and has little to 0 wrestling.. Look at Jones wrestling pedigree.. I see easy money for Jones here.. super excited for tonight’s fights many good ones!

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everybody knew Jones had more tools to win the fight, but IMO beating Gane this easily and quickly was pretty surprising .

It wasn't even a fight

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Gane found himself in shit spot and gave up
Easier than counterattack from this spot and got beaten up and chocked or even Knockednout.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Did anyone see Jones interviewed on the post fight show? I think he has been replaced by a 245 pound alien. All quotations paraphrasing:

"First, I have to say, I dedicate my life and this victory to my saviour Jesus Christ"
"I won a $50K bonus?!? Really? I'm going to be giving that to an Abuquerque charity that provides housing for the less fortunate. That money will all be going back to the citizens of Abuquerque."

This is a far cry from "I like poking people in the eyes. Wah, wah go cry about it". And "excuse me, I have to go do some coke and injure some people driving under the influence before assaulting my wife".

He was sitting with the panel, and they just sat there smiling, and then didn't mention it after he was gone. At the very end, they were throwing to closing credits, Anik said something about turning one's life around and "we'll see how it goes".