Can You Win Without the Help Programs?

sakenby

sakenby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm all for a ban on all third-party programs poker.It puts in unequal position of the players before the start.As well as in sports doping.I am playing honestly,without software.

SAVag

SAVag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the game there is no need to constantly watch and analyze indicators statistics of game of opponents. But my HM2 works always when I play - let types information on opponents. And one more plus - later it is always possible to return to this or that distribution and to analyse the game.
But there are moments when before making the course, I pay attention to indicators of HUD of the players participating in draw. And it helps.

SAVag

SAVag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someone won tournaments mobile app? The big tournaments?

In big tournaments - if freerolls with large number of players - depends on good luck much. And in this case the advantage of programs of statistics (especially at the beginning of the tournament) is not enough. Personally I won not many (we will directly tell very not big percent) such tournaments, but nevertheless won and it is rather profitable.
But if we speak about big tournaments with decent Bai Ying, then in such games the players using programs of statistics have certain advantage.

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker without software,tried to play with the program, but I did not like and I deleted

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say yes of course, if you are a good player you can surely win without software, on the other hand if you are bad player - there is no software that can fix it. The only thing those software do is organazing hand history in stats, which helps you to see tendences of somebody over decent amount of hands. But however i still think your own perception and notes are more important than any software.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I play without programs and m sure that everyone can win but the bird of luck must be on his shoulder

nevedimka29

nevedimka29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
programs have little value in the success)

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
programs have little value in the success)
I really wouldn't say that, programs do what any poker player can do, just quicker, it keeps stats and such, also known as reads on players.
If you don't think reads on opponents are important then good luck in your online games.

As for the question, the answer is yes, it would just take more work to get proper reads.

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Low and micro limits on pokerstars don't need any software to play tournaments. Huge fields, most of players you see first time. Maybe cash need soft, but not sure.
Situation changes for high and even medium limits - not so much players, but they play well, and stats help to understand their game style.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes we can,nothing is imposible,just do it,jusst jusstt do it....!!!!!!!!!!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can go on and win, but with higher limits it will be more difficult. Although right now such trends that soon may prohibit all support of the program, then play will be easier.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play without programs and I think I can win without program

Anki_KB

Anki_KB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play whitout any tracker or hand calculator and a couple days ago i won a psol game so it indeed is possible. just pay attention at your table. I came from beneath and never had the lead until i won the whole thing...average stack allmost the whole game.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Low and micro limits on pokerstars don't need any software to play tournaments. Huge fields, most of players you see first time. Maybe cash need soft, but not sure.
Situation changes for high and even medium limits - not so much players, but they play well, and stats help to understand their game style.

Well i agree with you partly, but you are talking about MTTs i guess. There you really barely play with the same player more than 50 hands, then you will be thrown to another table and so on. However have to say it's a pleasant feeling, when you suddenly meet somebody with decent amount hands you played with. It's nearly same as if you met somebody, you already made notes for.
With cash and SNG you surely meet the same people (mostly regs) way more often. In addition you could look up at registering tables if there some familiar to you names sitting already. ;) I do play a lot of SNGs on low limits and it always like you have a couple regs with great amounts of hands you played with and the rest are uknown hobby players, which are most time fishes or rocks. But fish, call station, rock or maniac you will recognize very quickly without any software already after like 20 hands or something lol.

DianaPrinces

DianaPrinces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm starting to play poker a few days ago and I do not know how to use these programs are full of numbers and such, but I have to say that they help to know the style of the players and review plays to study where it is wrong most.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

i completely disagree, software is more useful in micro, why? because in micro limits you can find a wide variety of players, so you need to recongnize them. in higher limits there are no huge difference in play style, but yes maybe you will need a help about movements (c-bet, cold call,etc) after flop but preflop is almost unnecesary.

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i completely disagree, software is more useful in micro, why? because in micro limits you can find a wide variety of players, so you need to recongnize them. in higher limits there are no huge difference in play style, but yes maybe you will need a help about movements (c-bet, cold call,etc) after flop but preflop is almost unnecesary.

I play micro and medium tours.
In micro tours I don't see difficult decisions before 2-3% of players stayed in tour (maybe 2-3 times before ITM).
In medium tours I really need look for player's stats to decide how to play, even in the beginning of tour.

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i agree with you partly, but you are talking about MTTs i guess. There you really barely play with the same player more than 50 hands, then you will be thrown to another table and so on. However have to say it's a pleasant feeling, when you suddenly meet somebody with decent amount hands you played with. It's nearly same as if you met somebody, you already made notes for.
With cash and SNG you surely meet the same people (mostly regs) way more often. In addition you could look up at registering tables if there some familiar to you names sitting already. ;) I do play a lot of SNGs on low limits and it always like you have a couple regs with great amounts of hands you played with and the rest are uknown hobby players, which are most time fishes or rocks. But fish, call station, rock or maniac you will recognize very quickly without any software already after like 20 hands or something lol.

I met player with note 2 or 3 times during last 2000-3000 tours on pokerstars. And this notes wasn't very useful, so I stopped even write notes, prefer just mark fishes and good players. But for regs notes can be very useful :)

About SNG - agree, but I don't play SNG, I didn't thought about it.

Cash - only regs need to mark. Marked nearly 100 fishes for last 2 weeks, almost didn't met them more (1-2-3, not more). And I play PLO, players pool is greater less then NLH.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Use whatever you think will improve your bottom line. I don't play with any help but then again I stink. I also play mostly live as well and your not allowed to pull out your notes during a hand.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont play with any programs, to me they dont help too much. They even got me into sticky situations when I used to use them.
They only time using a hud would be useful in my opinion is when your playing 9+ tables at once where it's near impossible to pay attention to them all.

H

HeikoHeiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment i play without a program.
I still learning.
I need the time at the table, observe...., of course I play mostly only one table.
But in later times i will have a program, I think, for support.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not need a program, it inhibits the other tables. I play on several sites.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is better not to get used to the programs that help you because they could only be good when you are many tables at a time, but imagine that you have the opportunity to play a major live tournament, you will not have any program to help you and will depend on the skills you have developed without the use of programs. I am a IT but in this case I don´t use programs.