Can You Win Without the Help Programs?

Lunasdad

Lunasdad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lol yeah my comp is a little slow for programs, something you might want to consider

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don`t use anything,,,,and im a winning player. I think any extra detracts me from my own reads and most important for me,,,the fun of playing poker:D (but i know a few guys who love them,,,stats guys,i love stats too ,but mine are sports stats) ;)Cheers:cool:

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Apps are there to help you make better decision not to choose for you.
If you use it diligently, then you can make better decision and learn from your mistakes and be better poker player.
Just my $.02

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would get a hud if I were you. You know the game. When I first started, I chose not to get a hud until I had significant experience. Once I did, by tracking my play I could discover leaks, ie weak habits that I could address Worth it.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is better not to get used to the programs that help you because they could only be good when you are many tables at a time, but imagine that you have the opportunity to play a major live tournament, you will not have any program to help you and will depend on the skills you have developed without the use of programs. I am a IT but in this case I don´t use programs.

Sorry, but i think that you a little exaggerate about it. Those software just helps with statistical information, it doesn't help you any further. And yes it's a great help when you are playing several tables to keep track of who is rock, who is reg, who is maniac and who is call station, when you suddenly in action. At only one table, especially if it's live game, the things going way much slower and you have enough time to take notes for everyone at the table in you mind. So i wouldn't say if you got used to play with HUD online, you are automatically playing worse at live games. Either you play good or bad. A good player will play still good without it and a bad player won't play good, just because he installed a HUD. Those softwares just ease a little bit collecting and organizing information and making notes.
p.s. I don't want to force someone to use a HUD, because i use one or talk round about it usefulness. Not at all, i think if you can't use it proper or not understanding how to read stats rightly, it even could cause more damage, than help. But please don't criticize something that you maybe even havn't ever tried.

E

evaldas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing without any program, and to be honest i don't even know any

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Using a HUD is not some magic wand that allows you to print money at the tables. However, when used effectively it will help you make better decisions based on the data that you have already gathered. This will pay off in a big way over the long run. But ofc if you playing a lot of table it will help you a lot.

K

koskesh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would some of you be able to post what programs you use with the most popular poker site? And could someone comment if these programs are available for iOS devices i.e ipad/iphone? Thanks.

I

iGSto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been very successful without programs..

jowbeatz

jowbeatz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it will be always on you, how you play and how you feel on that day, I mean it can help, but it's up on you.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If u need a Hud,,,good,,,if not,,better:deal: stop sellin it,geez,,,u guys:rolleyes: Some of us don`t want to go back to school,,,,we want to play a game,have fun and maybe,,,just maybe,make some cash at it,,,,nobody`s getting rich off Hud`s except the people who sell them,,,,,;)

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would some of you be able to post what programs you use with the most popular poker site? And could someone comment if these programs are available for iOS devices i.e iPad/iPhone? Thanks.

Well i'm using PokerTracker 4 and it works great with most of popular poker rooms, such as 888, poker stars, iPoker Network, partypoker and so on. It supports Mac too, but i don't know any HUD yet, that would support iPad or iPhone, so far it works only on PC or Laptop AFAIK.
There is also another famous alternative software, named Holdem Manager 2 and lesser known (but even free for using at small stakes) Hand2Note, but i'm not really sure they are suitable for Mac tho.

terryk said:
If u need a Hud,,,good,,,if not,,better stop sellin it,geez,,,[...]
Excuse me, maybe i misread somewhere, but... who was actually selling HUDs here? Me not. I thought it's a thread about sharing opinions and experience of using software to improve poker game. It's okay if you think, such software is useless for you, it's your point of view and i respect this, i wouldn't say go get it, you have to play with it! Not at all. I only wrote, that i am glad that i have one, cause it helps and eases my game at many aspects. I could even imagine that my winning will be slightly lower if i stop using it, but i also can't say that without it i gonna be just loosing. In other way saying, i could compare with eating: i mean i could eat my meals only with my hands and fingers too, but i do prefer to use a fork and a table-knife, which help me be more efficient at having meals. Same about poker playing and using software for it.

Last edited:
Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use any programs, poker is my hobby. And of course the excitement is there want to win money.))

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not for me I've tried them and tried to be serious but i play the game / hands how i feel if i lose so be it. I back my judgement however the player plays the hand. Shame they don't take a rake back from winnings based on software value .

M

McDrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never played with assistance of additional software, if there are any good software for mobile I might give it a try.

K

koskesh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i'm using PokerTracker 4 and it works great with most of popular poker rooms, ...

... i mean i could eat my meals only with my hands and fingers too, but i do prefer to use a fork and a table-knife, which help me be more efficient at having meals. Same about poker playing and using software for it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I like your eating food analogy! 😂

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I tried to play Cash - I went from nl2 to nl 50 without the help of programs. Therefore, answering your question - yes, I believe that it is possible to win without the help of third-party programs, at low limits exactly.

R

Rodrigonog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play without programs, I need to perfect myself some more.

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i enjoy playing poker so i play without any programm cause i like to sharpen my mind and put my sense factor in.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not use and do not recognize any programs. I quite have enough experience of playing poker. Programs are needed to play on the cache. I do not like cash games, I play tournaments mostly.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finger lickin good :D yum$

R

reggie_g

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes you can be succesful without any program but having one is a good investment if you plan on grinding online

OI7TuMuCT

OI7TuMuCT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play without any programs. I don't need to clutter up the Desk and your head with unnecessary information that you could have. Of course when moving to other tables, it becomes hard, but it's just a few hands, so to speak, and ask the price for all to see.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never used any programs but I would like to use one if it was free. I play microstakes and freerolls, so paying for a program would not be profitable at this stage in my game. Does anyone know a free program?