pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

Hi PT rep

I am having trouble understanding the stats from raised first in. I thought this would be the percentage of any hands you voluntarily put money in the pot where you raised when you were the first one in as opposed to limping. However I sometimes see my stats at around 10% when I have raised every pot I have entered if I am the first one, so feel confused.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am having trouble understanding the stats from raised first in. I thought this would be the percentage of any hands you voluntarily put money in the pot where you raised when you were the first one in as opposed to limping. However I sometimes see my stats at around 10% when I have raised every pot I have entered if I am the first one, so feel confused.

The 'Raise First In' statistic is how often a player opens for a raise (2Bet) when there are no limpers in front and it's calculated as follows:

Number of Times Player Raised First in / Number of Times Player Could Raise First in

This statistic is not calculating the ratio of raises/limps when you open the pot but you can do that with a custom statistic if you wanted that information. If you need to you can view descriptions/formulas for a statistics via 'Configure -> Statistics'. To find the stat you want you can use the 'Search' function in the Statistics window. Once the statistic is selected you can view a description and formula for it on the 'Details' tab.

- Rob

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just can not apply the changes for my ACR with PT4, what shall I do - ask

B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rookie question here... I understand how the tracker works and what it compiles...

how does one use that info to better their playing?

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rookie question here... I understand how the tracker works and what it compiles...

how does one use that info to better their playing?

Is almost the same thing that you study how a football player shots his penalty - for wich side mostly - and try to catch his penalty using these infos. Sometimes works.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 'Raise First In' statistic is how often a player opens for a raise (2Bet) when there are no limpers in front and it's calculated as follows:

Number of Times Player Raised First in / Number of Times Player Could Raise First in

This statistic is not calculating the ratio of raises/limps when you open the pot but you can do that with a custom statistic if you wanted that information. If you need to you can view descriptions/formulas for a statistics via 'Configure -> Statistics'. To find the stat you want you can use the 'Search' function in the Statistics window. Once the statistic is selected you can view a description and formula for it on the 'Details' tab.

- Rob

Thanks, may have a look at seeing if can do it out of hands I have played otherwise it becomes quite similar to vpip except vpip will include any limps you call, and open limping (which I try not to o).

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does PT4 support all of these sites?

betonline
ACR
Bovada

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does PT4 support all of these sites?

betonline
ACR
Bovada

BetOnline - no.

ACR - this site is a member of the Winning Poker Network which is supported:

Winning Poker Network Configuration Guide (WPN)

Bovada - downloaded hands from this site can be imported into PokerTracker 4:

Ignition (Bovada/Bodog) Configuration Guide

HUD support via an integrated hand grabber is currently in Beta for regular cash games:

Ignition (Bovada/Bodog) Beta Hand Grabber

Ignition (Bovada/Bodog) Hand Grabber Guide

- Rob

K

krypto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for everything you guys are doing, i love poker tracker, and would recomende it to anyone,

M

mig_poker44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"Your Computer's time clock is set incorrectly. Please adjust it...."

Hello PokerTracker4 Support,:ciao:

I'm Miguel, and I can't acess to PokerTracker4 anymore. It says that my computer clock is incorrect but it doesn't I have everything in automatic.

It appears the first time now in New Years day.

Thank you and have a nice day!

M

mig_poker44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fixed

I just unistall and install the programm and updated the timezone in my PT4 Account to Berlin it was in NYC :D Don't know why is worked before xD

But everything is good now!

Thank you!

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I'm considering to try out PokerTracker. I am interested to know that if I played e.g. two tables at a time, and lets say 60 hours/month, how much disk space would those hand histories take?

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm considering to try out PokerTracker. I am interested to know that if I played e.g. two tables at a time, and lets say 60 hours/month, how much disk space would those hand histories take?

To add to Nafor's question on hand histories.

Currently mine are being saved for 30 days through the Stars client. After 30 days, I imagine Stars removes them from my pc. Will they still be in PT4 though after this period?

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Your amount of hands will vary greatly depending on if you are playing normal tables or fast fold tables (e.g. Zoom) and disk space used in the database also varies somewhat depending on the type of games since full ring tournament hands with 9/10 players will take up more space than heads up cash games but a rough guideline is approximately 1GB per 100k hands.

To add to Nafor's question on hand histories.

Currently mine are being saved for 30 days through the Stars client. After 30 days, I imagine Stars removes them from my pc. Will they still be in PT4 though after this period?

The hands are imported into a database so it wouldn't matter if the original hand history files themselves are deleted afterwards but PokerTracker 4 archives them to a separate folder for safekeeping/performance reasons after each session so you still have them if needed:

Guide: Processed Files

- Rob

K

krypto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker tracker, how do I go about getting this software for a trial purposes, would like to see if it’s what I need b for I make the purchases

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Poker tracker, how do I go about getting this software for a trial purposes, would like to see if it’s what I need b for I make the purchases
You can simply download it from PokerTracker's website. There's a 30 day trial.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
On ACR the HUD stats are incorrect.
The number of hands on PT4, "show active tables" are always more than the HUD shows.
The VPIP and PFR of course are out of sync.

Is this something ACR are doing to discourage users?

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your amount of hands will vary greatly depending on if you are playing normal tables or fast fold tables (e.g. Zoom) and disk space used in the database also varies somewhat depending on the type of games since full ring tournament hands with 9/10 players will take up more space than heads up cash games but a rough guideline is approximately 1GB per 100k hands.

The hands are imported into a database so it wouldn't matter if the original hand history files themselves are deleted afterwards but PokerTracker 4 archives them to a separate folder for safekeeping/performance reasons after each session so you still have them if needed:

- Rob

Perfect, cheers for the quick reply Rob!

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On ACR the HUD stats are incorrect.
The number of hands on PT4, "show active tables" are always more than the HUD shows.
The VPIP and PFR of course are out of sync.

Is this something ACR are doing to discourage users?

Can you please send all relevant information detailing this issue to us in a Support Ticket so we can see what's going on:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem

- Rob

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
So I've been using the trial version for a week now. It has been a blast but naturally there is a learning curve. One odd thing happened though...

I have remembered to use the Get hands while playing -function every time - except once. I noticed my error afterwards and I retrieved the forgotten hands using the Get hands from disk -function.

Today after a session PT gave me a notification:
"PokerTracker has detected a large number of hand history files waiting to be imported. These hands have not yet been imported. Would you like to import them now?"

Since I was sure that I was not lacking any hands I selected No. The only hands visible on PokerStar's hand history folders are the hands that I had already imported with the Get from disk -option.

What causes this issue? Should I just manually delete the already imported hands from PokerStar's folders and the problem goes away?

And another question - is there a way to somehow tag received free tickets so the normal price of the ticket would not be taken into account when ROI, etc. is calculated?

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What causes this issue? Should I just manually delete the already imported hands from PokerStar's folders and the problem goes away?

If you've just missed a single session then PokerTracker 4 will still import those hands if you use 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' but if they are much older then you will need to trigger that import by selecting 'Yes' when you stop getting hands again. All hands that are auto-imported get moved to your 'Processed' folder for performance reasons but if you manually import hands ('Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk') then the files remain where they are:

Therefore you can either let the auto importer move those files to the 'Processed' folder the next time you play or manually move them yourself.

And another question - is there a way to somehow tag received free tickets so the normal price of the ticket would not be taken into account when ROI, etc. is calculated?

You can manually edit tournament details - see this guide.

- Rob

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide