pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
No Donk is relative, sometimes the best players need to call with any hand after a bad beat and finding ourselves with a very short Stack.

On the other hand players that always call with any hand are nice to have so we can win money from them! :deal:

R

RUMACASTILLO

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
then how do you plan to make money?

R

RUMACASTILLO

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's always good to have bad players at the tables, at least 3 or 4

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that is funny, there is not a chance in hell of that ever happening lol!

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

Poker is about making money, so why would you want to play better players, you would make less money or none. I always scope out the tables or change tables to find the donks, that's where the money is. I mean occasionally if you want to challenge yourself join a higher stakes table , and you will run into less.

But as long as theres poker there will be the bad players especially online.
Good luck

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck finding a donk free site online lol!!! I think they must have closed all the online bingo sites so the bingo players join a poker site and play in there bingo style! If you wan't to play donk free poker then your best bet would be to start a private club on poker stars and control who plays. Some players judge some to be donks if they play hands they don't approve of. My favorite hand is 3 5. When I play my 3 5 and bust pocket AA I get called a donk, but I have great luck with my 3 5.:D:D

N

nicsoco

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand what you mean. When I first started I thought something similar, in the sense, that donks, were a bad thing. But now years later, with a better understanding of the game, I look for donks. Donks at a table = profit for me.

N

nicsoco

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a different between a donk a bad player. The donks I refer to are those who call every hand and never fold to raises. They do that because they have no respect for the game.
Those donks, that call every hand literally make my day.

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is about making money, so why would you want to play better players, you would make less money or none. I always scope out the tables or change tables to find the donks, that's where the money is. I mean occasionally if you want to challenge yourself join a higher stakes table , and you will run into less.

But as long as theres poker there will be the bad players especially online.
Good luck
You make it sound like you can win just because you have the best hand. Problem is donks don't care and they call anything or all in on crap cards. The simple odds are 50-50 whether they hit or not. Your big PPs are to easily busted.

You think because your good you have a better chance at beating them? NOT!

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it's always good to have bad players at the tables, at least 3 or 4
Big difference between a bad player and a donk. Calling them a bad player gives them too much credit. Same with you, they will take out your pro hands easily with crap cards on an all in.Its simple 50-50 odds whether they hit or not.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big difference between a bad player and a donk. Calling them a bad player gives them too much credit. Same with you, they will take out your pro hands easily with crap cards on an all in.Its simple 50-50 odds whether they hit or not.

sometimes is good to play "donk" movements, that is a thing that pseudo pro can't understand. it's useful in 2 situations:

1. passive call station that likes to play with projects and you have a stack below 20bb since flop.if you make standard bets with high pair you will be called anf getting risk at river.

2. i really like to play against impatient players, some of them have a good knowledge of the game but they turn crazy playing against agressive players (or decisons) and they reach to a point where they decided to call with a weak hand (low pair, example). the most funny thing is when they finished calling you "donk" as you were making a bad decision when they took a fatal mistake calling, who is the fish? lol. that trick is better to use it since flop.

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PLay tight in freerolls untile they're gone. Or play high stakes to avoid them

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ahhhh - so naive. The point is AA is easily defeated by random crap hands now isn't it? I know I usually have to play tight with these amateurs but despite the better odds of AA, KK, QQ etc, they will call on the 50-50 odds rational and simple odds say they have as much chance of winning as you. THAT is the problem.

wrong... AA stands to win ~85% vs. random hand

Actually your entire mindset is totally wrong if you're hoping to become a winning poker player (it's pretty clear here that you are not. The bright side... it's only up from here (if you choose to put in the time to learn).

gl ... & pretty sure many of these posts won't count towards the freeroll club ;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The simple odds are 50-50 whether they hit or not.
You think because your good you have a better chance at beating them? NOT!

Pretty sure that odds of winning increase for players who are 'good'. I mean just check tournament standings and you can clearly see this.

umm.. since when does a dominated hand have a 50-50 chance of 'hitting' & winning?

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think ACR with the big blind levels like 12-15 mins will give u play lkike no other .. The donks are gone pretty fast and and most others are not use to playing real games ,only turbo-hypers, this is what brings out he true players and eliminates the donks

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each poker room tries to increase the number of players and therefore it is not possible
against fools there are options, first you have to wait until your chips are 2 times more and with a good hand go all-in or wait until they are beaten by others

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wrong... AA stands to win ~85% vs. random hand

Actually your entire mindset is totally wrong if you're hoping to become a winning poker player (it's pretty clear here that you are not. The bright side... it's only up from here (if you choose to put in the time to learn).

gl ... & pretty sure many of these posts won't count towards the freeroll club ;)
Actually, YOU are wrong. The odds MAY be in favor on AA as a specific winning hand, BUT its random 50-50 of whether the opponent hits with his crap cards.

AA is certainly NOT a guaranteed win.

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am just play 10 c satt deep for 5$ event and guy call all inn 35 vs my ak,he is get straight lol.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but that would be like changing the rules of the poker, or more or less you want a place where they let you see the cards to the river without problems.for my taste I would lose a lot of essence the game.
even changing some rules you can have bad beats, it is better to have many crazy people pushing their whole stack

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Donk will register to any tournament with any buy in.Even if you pay $1000 or even $10 000 for a tournament, you will still see donk.
Why ?

If someone deposit 100 000 or even 1 000 000 in a poker room so he will don't care about playing like a donk in a high buy in tournament.

For him, $215 can represent only $2.15 or even less...

Last edited:
M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but the more donks best for me, so I can not leave without money faster!, patience and not be afraid to throw strong hands, learn to know your opponents and easily win!

nobodysf00l

nobodysf00l

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's getting to the point where I won't even play the on demand freerolls because of these types. It makes it nearly impossible to play a hand when individuals play with these tactics...and it is bad for my game...easy to get frustrated and develop bad habits.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am just play 10 c satt deep for 5$ event and guy call all inn 35 vs my ak,he is get straight lol.

What do you think about that call ????

Attachments

• really.JPG
    really.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 27
XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As frustrating as it might be, you just have to be willing to play tight and fold if necessary until these donks knock themselves out of the tournament. I know, easier said than done, but this is the level of discipline it takes to succeed at poker. We all share the same struggle. Just play within your bankroll and play enough volume to offset variance and you'll be fine.

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wish it was true

there are a lot of donks out there in the free rolls and also robots has well. it's hard to play against people that just keep calling and not folding to your raise on pre flop