We need a "no donk poker site"

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you want one? You make the most money out of those players! If they get lucky against you, it should balance out in profit. More volume vs those players will be more profit. Should love rooms with many donks!

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like I have the same mindset as others. I want as many donks as humanely possible. Sure you will take some beats But over the long run your going to make the most with donkey fields:D

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would love limit poker, donks can't bluff.

I think the river is the best part.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
play high stakes, but if you can not win donkies, why do you think you can win good players? DONT BE RUDE WITH DONKIES!!! THEY ARE OUR CUSTOMERS!!!
:D:D:D:D:D

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You are missing the point entirely. If you are a good player NOT PROFESSIONAL, you screen your hands and play also according to position and yes, occasionally bluff. Donks, NOT FISH, do none of that and will call anytime with anything and that is in direct conflict with everything you do. Simple odds say that will will hit with air crap hands 50% of the time and take out prime hands.

Not everyone wants to pay $50, $100 0r $200 for a tournament or can afford it. If you could pay a one time membership fee, them\n you can play $5, $10 & $20 tourneys that are not infected by idiot donks.

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
RUDE???? LOL. The way they play iOS disrespectful & rude. Calling them DONKS is just a fact. They have no talent or skill and rely on a bingo strategy that unfortunately hits far to often and takes out respectable players who play strategy and screen their hands.

If you defend donks maybe you are one?

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your conclusion makes absolutely no logical sense. A donk calls everything all the time no matter what you raise. The main reason you raise is to shake off the bad hands but donks ignore that. So then the 50-50 odds apply to whether they hit or not. More often than not they hit.

That brings a whole new dynamic to the table that you can't control. With good players you know dam well a professional is not going to call a raise with 3-4 or 4-7 etc. Good players who respect the game play by a more predictable set of rules.

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In the hope of redirecting this back on track, again, what harm would there be in having a section where you pay a membership fee? This would easily eliminate a lot of these amateurs because you know dam well they won't pay that kind of money to play poker.

I think it would clean up a lot of the sites through a process of elimination, just by paying $100 or $200 just to join a site.

Then, the sites can use to funds to make better offerings and benefits to its players. So, how about it, Can we just focus on this part of the idea as opposed to debating the the negatives?

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahhhh - so naive. The point is AA is easily defeated by random crap hands now isn't it? I know I usually have to play tight with these amateurs but despite the better odds of AA, KK, QQ etc, they will call on the 50-50 odds rational and simple odds say they have as much chance of winning as you. THAT is the problem.

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NO - I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY against professional. Not all poker players are pros and many, in fact the vast majority of players on poker sites are more average recreational players who play for the enjoyment of it.

The problem is that it is too easy to get into and join poker sites so their is no filtering of donk is idiots. I am just saying that by applying a joining fee, you will have a better site that filters out these players that have no respect for the game or others players. You know they won't pay the fee.

We don't all have $100, $200 or $500 every time, to put into a game just to get away from amateurs. It only takes a one time fee to get rid of them.

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dabne - I get your rant

Playing against a player that does not (or cannot) value a hand is infuriating. However this is where playing a bit tighter generally can see you getting the lion's share of the chips.

Have a look at Daniel Negreanu does to the poker brat by playing 'junk'

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
then just play Hold 'em PL. easy solution.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
NO - I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY against professional. Not all poker players are pros and many, in fact the vast majority of players on poker sites are more average recreational players who play for the enjoyment of it.

The problem is that it is too easy to get into and join poker sites so their is no filtering of donk is idiots. I am just saying that by applying a joining fee, you will have a better site that filters out these players that have no respect for the game or others players. You know they won't pay the fee.

We don't all have $100, $200 or $500 every time, to put into a game just to get away from amateurs. It only takes a one time fee to get rid of them.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's really no way to avoid bad players. What seems to be a bad move to you may seem like the smart move to another player. And hey, donks win big sometimes so sometimes donkey play is the best strategy.

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The fee is not so you can play against better players. It is intended as a membership fee to eliminate idiots & donks. Its easier to play a one time fee and still have access to ALL tournament levels.

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There's really no way to avoid bad players. What seems to be a bad move to you may seem like the smart move to another player. And hey, donks win big sometimes so sometimes donkey play is the best strategy.
There is a different between a donk a bad player. The donks I refer to are those who call every hand and never fold to raises. They do that because they have no respect for the game.

R

Ruppadup

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea sometimes its hard to deal with such people

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is a 7 card game do not be afraid to fold 1 big pair when your torney on the line gud luck

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your goal is to build your $10, then play 5/10 cent, 8/16 cent tables, but play TIGHT. Hold for very good hands then try to slow play opponents into a top.

Low end tournament s are a real long shot. So many donks its too hard to navigate to the end and get a reasonable playback. You can play for 3 to 5 hours and IF YOUR LUCKY, maybe win $2 - $5. Hardly worth it.
clearly demonstrates that you don't have a clue about playing poker and why you rant about these bingo players. Playing with all your money on the table is suicide. Research bankroll management and then you won't be worried about the bingo players , just take their money off them and one bad beat is just the tax for playing against idiots who donate their money to you.

From your posts you clearly also don't think about how to beat these bad players by exploiting their mistakes.

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your conclusion makes absolutely no logical sense. A donk calls everything all the time no matter what you raise. The main reason you raise is to shake off the bad hands but donks ignore that. So then the 50-50 odds apply to whether they hit or not. More often than not they hit.

That brings a whole new dynamic to the table that you can't control. With good players you know dam well a professional is not going to call a raise with 3-4 or 4-7 etc. Good players who respect the game play by a more predictable set of rules.

the odds are not 50-50 i can tell you that. and have you not seen phil ivey play? i seen him 4 bet with a 5-7. i think you're venting a loss a lil too loudly.

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing with the donks i say. They'll pay you off in the long run.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, yes, there are a lot of fake players, or they just get away, but they are good at something ... it helps you to double your stack in a tournament. :). So ... for me they are welcome too.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um....if you want sharks playing sharks all the time you'd never make any $. The donks are what you want at the table. Admittedly, I don't want to be at a table FULL of them...but a table with 3 or 4 of them are alright by me, anytime.

D

DABNE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dabne - I get your rant

Playing against a player that does not (or cannot) value a hand is infuriating. However this is where playing a bit tighter generally can see you getting the lion's share of the chips.

Have a look at Daniel Negreanu does to the poker brat by playing 'junk'
Daniel Negreanu tilts Phil Hellmuth three pots in a row - YouTube
I finally got around to watching this. First, lets say that there sure are no donks at this table and the play is classic heads up playing & bluffing.

But, it was hilarious! Particular Helmuth reaction to it all. Please don't shoe it to any donks - I would hate for them to use this to validate their stupidity. LOL