We need a "no donk poker site"

ruswolfhound

ruswolfhound

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that you demand too much. You are zero for poker, both online and offline. It's enough to think that you are the center of the universe

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be honest i miss that crazy guys that shove every hand when i started to play poker online. however donking is just another tactic as bluffs. there are good bluffs, bad bluffs and good and bad donk hands.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NO COMMENT, SIGNATURE SHOULD DO IT:dancing2:

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree that there are a lot of such players, and it's good for poker players who win money or chips and make a profit, but sometimes you need to be careful when playing against such players, their small card on which they play, can well interrupt your very good cards, the main thing is caution against such players!

oleg plugaru

oleg plugaru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play at higher limits ... There you will very rarely meet them ..

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad to have such players at the table. Poker is therefore interesting and exciting. It's good to know what you can and can not control in poker.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember (from Shark Tale): 'Fish are friends!', in poker they are also food, except for vegan sharks.
Donks are just 1 type of bad player.
Sadly; I saw this weekend on twitch a guy call Dave Lappin, sponsored by unibet, he was playing rebuy tourneys. When busted, he just rebought and explained in text and action that he would go ALL-IN with any hand until he had 70 BB. If busted: REBUY! and try again.
Is this guy payed by unibet to do this and train donks?

Complaining about donks playing with anything doesn't help, they are more easy to beat than the pro's, who play with absolute garbage (as stated in any book) and still make a living, example: 10-2 'the Brunson'.

As beginner, I do undertand the frustration, as variance goes up due to donks, I think even results go down but that is based on only few cc freerolls I've played where there are much less all-in monkeys, donks, etc.
I see the problem as: how to recognise the 'donks' (or whatever type) and react to it. This is call skill (mine are not so good, so yes I regularly loose my chips to a donk; my mistake).
Math and statistics also apply to donks AA against anything heads-up wins 85%, but looses 15%. So keep calling donks with AA and every 7th time (on average) you loose all your chips. Do this in 1 MTT before ITM and you're out! don't blame the donks, that's just math.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wouldn't it be great to play a complete game without the mass of all-in , be a site to see..But these players also give many of us the oppurtunity to increase our stacks greatly waiting to prounce on them

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much more donkeys, best will be for a good player, you will lose some times, it's part of the game, but if you lose more than win, maybe you can be playing wrong.

You don't have to try bluff against donkeys, prefer play with good hands. Some times any play call with any two, trying make a bluff or because him has good equity. Some times he is hit good hands or a strong draw.

Try not to rush, think well before every move in the game.

Some times when I am deep, I use to call some spots with any two, when I hit in the flop i can win a lot of chips, but I do this only deep, and few times.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about that call ????
Two or more options?
1) It looks like miamia78 saw the flop not very expensive and after that called the all in.
2) QQ went all in preFlop with 30BB; a big red flag of a not too good player that is unlikely to have a monster, and got called.
If you want to share the details, please...