Unfairly blocked account, HELP!

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, so what does this refer to ?:

As you had been informed already your account has been permanently closed, as we have detected serious irregularities in your gaming history and provided account information.
As you have broken our terms and conditions in a very serious manner, we will not be unblocking your account.
It will remain closed permanently.

They are talking about something specific, obviously. What would that be ? Multiple accounts ? Under age ? Chip dumping ? Collusion ? False Identity ? It`s aomething like that, I would give odds.

As I said before, $700 is pocket change to these people. I just can`t believe that they decided for no reason to keep the money.

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, so what does this refer to ?:

They are talking about something specific, obviously. What would that be ? Multiple accounts ? Under age ? Chip dumping ? Collusion ? False Identity ? It`s aomething like that, I would give odds.

As I said before, $700 is pocket change to these people. I just can`t believe that they decided for no reason to keep the money.

How about this?

Please be advised that we security check you but the ID you sent to us did not pass our verification screening.
For this reason the account will remain permanently blocked.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have received a response from our Risk Department as follows. Can you please send your electricity bill and Passport again in jpeg format,
Unfortunately I could only open the MoneyBookers screenshot. Please send again the other documents under the format .jpeg
Dude, if they could not open the photos, it would take some time before they got back to you...
When did you get this email???

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Note: I use a different email on poker sites from the one I use on moneybookers. Never have any trouble before.

I do the same and one site questioned it. I said look, I deposited through this moneybookers account and withdrawing to the same account. You have your security measures, I have mine. They accepted that and no probs since.

KaptainJim

KaptainJim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, if they could not open the photos, it would take some time before they got back to you...
When did you get this email???

3 days after I first send my documents. It doesnt mean much. I send them everything they asked in .jpeg eventually.

Look guys, stop asking "how about this" "how about that" pointing at certain parts of their emails.
Obviously, I didnt do anything wrong and thats why I started this post.
If I had the slightest idea in what way did I break their terms we wouldnt have this conversation now, and I dont think I am an idiot.....

seuatx

seuatx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never heard of this site myself, and like some of the previous posters said I too usually only play popular places like ftp and ps, but I am wondering if there is anyone we can report sites like this?

Actually these type of poker sites is the exact reason that online poker needs to be legalized including transactions... if it was regulated, people like this wouldnt be able to get away with ripping you off like that..

Because thats exactly what it looks like, you got ripped off..

As for the rest of us we just can learn from this and stay away from sites like this, we should have a section that post about sites like this that we need to beware of.

KaptainJim

KaptainJim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never heard of this site myself, and like some of the previous posters said I too usually only play popular places like ftp and ps, but I am wondering if there is anyone we can report sites like this?

Actually these type of poker sites is the exact reason that Online Poker needs to be legalized including transactions... if it was regulated, people like this wouldnt be able to get away with ripping you off like that..

Because thats exactly what it looks like, you got ripped off..

As for the rest of us we just can learn from this and stay away from sites like this, we should have a section that post about sites like this that we need to beware of.

Now you are talking.....
I think I got my lesson....
:damnmate:

ean

ean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear OP, CapJim,

Some of the ongame sites used to be under the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, is your site one of those?

If it is, then you might have another avenue to file a request to have your matter looked in to. I'll not post that here, but you can PM me about it.

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are sure you haven't broke the TAC....then i don't know.

They seem pretty sure that you did.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never heard of this site myself,

That may well be because you are in America. Because of your UIGEA legislation, more than half of the world`s poker sites are closed to you. Therefore, meaning no offence, it is impossible for an American to have a rounded picture of the world poker scene.

The Ongame network is the 5th largest in the world.

KaptainJim

KaptainJim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK I decided to call PRIMEPOKER.COM, (luckily they were located in Cyprus, a cheap phone call from Greece) and after having a nice discussion with a lady, she assured me that if I would send to them all my ID documents with an email requesting the repeat of the investigation, the Risk Department will repeat the process.

"Dimitris Maratos" <dimitrismaratos@yahoo.gr>
Add sender to Contacts

To:
support@primepoker.com

I am sending all the documents with my personal ID. I would like you to to repeat the investigation about my blocked account as I am sure there has been a mistake. All my personal details are completely accurate and true.

NOTE: I use a different email account on poker sites (dmaratos@yahoo.gr) from the one that I have on my MONEYBOOKERS account (dmaratos@isc.tuc.gr). I hope that would not be the problem.

Thank you

THE NEXT DAY...
"Primepoker" <support@primepoker.com>
View contact details

To:

Dear Dimitris (_CALAMARIS_),
Thank you for contacting us.
Please be advised that we informed you in our previous emails that our Risk team has decided to permanently block your account.

Accordingly, no further investigation will be done regarding your refund claim.
Kind regards
Pete

PrimePoker Customer Support [/font]

I called again, asking for explanations, and once more they suggested me to send them the same email in order to forward to the Risk department.

Add sender to Contacts

To:
support@primepoker.com

There has been a MISTAKE on my account investigation, I would like you to to repeat the process. ALL MY PERSONAL DETAILS ARE ACCURATE AND TRUE!!!
I am sending all the documents with my personal ID.

NOTE: I use a different email account on poker sites (dmaratos@yahoo.gr) from the one that I have on my MONEYBOOKERS account (dmaratos@isc.tuc.gr). I hope that would not be the problem.

Please do not just ignore my request.

Thank you

And once more....

View contact details

To:

Dear Dimitris (CALAMARIS)
Thank you for your e-mail.
Unfortunately as you have been advised that we informed you in our previous emails that our Risk team has decided to permanently block your account.

Accordingly, no further investigation will be done regarding your account.

Kind Regards

Jane
Prime Poker Customer Support

Add sender to Contacts

To:

Ok, I expect from your corporate, Primepoker.com, to let me at least withdraw the money in my account.
Thats because this Risk department has blocked my account CLEARLY BY MISTAKE.
I have NOT given any false ID in my account nor I played against the rules on the tables.
If you consider yourself a serious poker site, I suggest you give me a refund in order to preserve the good name of your company.
Do not let me stay with the idea that I have been ripped of for no reason.,

Thank you

View contact details

To:

Dear Dimitris (_CALAMARIS_)
Thank you for your email.
Your account has been permanently closed as we have detected serious irregularities in your gaming history and provided account information.

As you have broken our terms and conditions in a very serious manner, we will not be unblocking your account. It will remain closed permanently as we do not tolerate this behaviour. Bear in mind that we are able to prosecute fraudulent activity to the fullest extent of the law

Please be advised that the decision made by our Risk Department is final.
Taken from our Terms and Conditions.
FRAUD, SOFTWARE BUGS & CHEATING

7. Any form of fraudulent activity on the RedKings.com, as determined at RedKings.com ’ s sole discretion, is strictly prohibited. Fraudulent activity may include, but is not limited to, stolen credit cards, transfer of funds to other player accounts (chip dumping), forgery, collusion, and the provision of false Registration Data or other requested information.
7.1 In addition to any other remedies provided under these Terms of Service, the RedKings.com may pursue claims for criminal prosecution and/or civil damages for any fraudulent activities.
7.2 Player agrees not to attempt to exploit any error, virus, bug, defect or inconsistency ( “ Bug ” ) found in the Software, to their advantage, or to the disadvantage of other players, at any time. Furthermore, Player agrees to report any such Bug to customer service immediately upon discovery of same.
7.3 Any form of cheating on the RedKings.com, as determined at RedKings.com ’ s sole discretion, is strictly prohibited. Cheating includes any form of manipulation of the outcome of the hand or game, so that the odds of winning are changed to favor the Player. In particular, and without limitation, cheating includes any form of ‘ collusion ’ as that term is commonly understood in the industry. In addition to any other remedies provided under these Terms of Service, the RedKings.com may pursue claims for criminal prosecution and/or civil damages any form of cheating.
7.4 The use of any software program which facilitates artificial intelligence, such as poker bots, is strictly prohibited. Prohibited software may include software which allows opponent profiling, player collusion or any other program which the RedKings.com considers allows the Player to cheat or gives the Player an unjust advantage over another player. RedKings.com may take action or procure that action is taken in order to detect and prevent the use by the Player of such software, including, but not limited to, reading the list of currently running programs on the Player ’ s computer. For further information, see the and the Privacy Policy.
7.5 RedKings.com reserves the right to return funds to its rightful owner, if determined that funds won by the Player were from an account that itself had obtained these funds fraudulently, or was being used without the account owner ’ s permission.
7.6 RedKings.com is committed to fair play and to combating fraudulent activity, and has zero tolerance towards inappropriate play and fraudulent activity. Any Player involved in any form of suspected fraudulent activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
7.7 Only 1 real money account is allowed per household! No person will be allowed to maintain more than one account. The RedKings.com reserves the right to request a photocopy of a government-issued ID or its equivalent, in order to verify the Player's identification. If a Player opens more than one account, the RedKings.com reserves the right to block play for all the Player ’ s accounts except one remaining account.

8. It is the responsibility of the Player to cash-out any remaining funds before the Player blocks any account(s). Any play money credits, player points, tournament tickets, promotional bonuses or coupons within the blocked accounts are non-transferable and in such an instance shall be deemed null and void.

Please be advised that no further correspondence will be given with regards to this matter.
Kind regards
Lindsey
RedKings Customer Support

:icon_scraREDKINGS???? hmmm... anyway...

Add sender to Contacts

To:

Could you at least ask the Risk Department to provide me with the hand histories in which you have detected irregularities??? Just not to be curious. I think I deserve to know what I have done wrong...

View contact details

To:

Please be advised that your account has been permanently blocked and this is a final decision. Therefore, there will not be any further correspondence regarding this issue.
Kind Regards,
Angie

PrimePoker Customer Support

Add sender to Contacts

To:

Ok that is the epitome of unprofessionalism.
As you are not giving any hand histories of my so-called "irregularities" or any other adequate answer rather than copy-pasting your terms, I can only assume that I have been scammed....
Do not worry, I will make sure to warn as many poker players as I can to avoid your site, cause it is a total fraud.
I guarrantee that your actions will result losing a lot more than $728 that your refused to refund me....
01.gif

Have a nice day!!!

View contact details

To:

Please be advised that your account has been permanently blocked by the Risk and Fraud Department and this is their final decision.

There will be no further correspondance on this issue.

Kind Regards,

Charlie

PrimePoker Customer Support

:banghead:
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Conclusions are yours....

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Prohibited software may include software which allows opponent profiling

Do you use Poker Tracker or any such software.

aceup21 said:
i have a little more faith in those poker sites such as Absolute Poker,Ultimatebet.
Had to lol at this. ^^^^^^

Last edited:
KaptainJim

KaptainJim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Prohibited software may include software which allows opponent profiling

Do you use Poker Tracker or any such software.

No, nothing like this, nor pokerbots etc. just sharkscopeHUD. I dont think it is illegal on ONGAME

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man this is a intresting/funny thread to read.
At first I thought Prime Poker was just another small time poker site lookin to scam ppl. Then i realised that ONGAME network is big and wuddnt try to scam ppl outta $700 (as Egon Towst says). Then it gets pretty funny when the support team constantly e-mail u the same answer over n over n over. It's like they think ur a retard of something, yet there kinda acting retarted by not telling u the problem.
Then its gets intresting at the very end when someone says "Are u using tracking software". LMAO man this was an intresting read.

IMO i prefer the big sites. There smart looking, good software, lots of traffic and lots of MTT's (im more of a tournament player) and pretty safe at the end of the day. But these smaller sites u do have to b carefull on, but if u do ur research to see what network they are on, ask a few questions then im sure everything will b ok on these smaller site's who are jus trying to make it in the poker world.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You violated one of the rules listed above. Only you can figure out or know which one. They are not obligated to tell you nor will they ever tell you. The other sites are the same.

Your $700 is nothing to them - they would not keep it for no reason and permanently block you from their site. They are too large to risk their reputation just so they can have your few dollars.

If your experience had occurred at Podunkpoker.com you might get an ear here - but then we would just be advising you not to play at small sites nobody has ever heard of.

If they were purposely stealing and we would be hearing about it repeatedly.

We have only heard from you - and about a small amount of money. It just makes no sense.

KaptainJim

KaptainJim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You violated one of the rules listed above. Only you can figure out or know which one. They are not obligated to tell you nor will they ever tell you. The other sites are the same.

Your $700 is nothing to them - they would not keep it for no reason and permanently block you from their site. They are too large to risk their reputation just so they can have your few dollars.

If your experience had occurred at Podunkpoker.com you might get an ear here - but then we would just be advising you not to play at small sites nobody has ever heard of.

If they were purposely stealing and we would be hearing about it repeatedly.

We have only heard from you - and about a small amount of money. It just makes no sense.

Dakota, I dont think it is a typical procedure to let people in the dark about the reason they had their account blocked. As it happens to know, people who had their accounts blocked/banned always get an explanation from serious sites, not just a copy of their terms to read.....
YES I know your stupid terms, which one did I violated????:mad:

As they do not give explanations so why do I have to believe them. And I do not say that $700 is a big score for Ongame. All I am saying is that Primepoker.com consists of a bunch of morons who cant do their job right and screw people over.

Thats why, it gives you data on the players.

What are you talking about?? SharkscopeHUD is legal on Ongame.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, nothing like this, nor pokerbots etc. just sharkscopeHUD. I dont think it is illegal on ONGAME

Source: Programs that aggregate hand histories to profile a player's play and that of their opponents, but only make use of information they collect themselves - are allowed.

PokerTracker and Texas Calculatem, for example, are programs that provide detailed statistical analysis of hand histories for beneficial review. As well as personal game play analysis, these programs also compile and profile a player's opponents' play. This is similar to how a meticulous player might use our "Player Notes" feature after every hand to compile their own profiles on opponents. As such, these programs are allowed.

Conversely, programs that use shared data collected by other players are not allowed, because they provide an unfair advantage.

PokerEdge and CardAnalyzer, for example, are programs that compile player profiles in a database and then sell subscription access to their systems. These programs allow players to access profile information on players they have never played against, and we believe this provides an unfair advantage. As such, these programs are prohibited.

Many players have contacted our support department to ask about our policies on these programs and we feel it is necessary to clarify our position publicly.

We do not allow players to collude, share hole card information or team up against other players. We also prohibit the use of any software program that facilitates the sharing of this information or player profiles.
We currently have sophisticated processes in place to detect and prevent the use of such software. This technology is an extension of our anti-collusion security systems, and is deeply integrated with multiple tiers of our client and server architecture.
Note that we will look on player's computers to see if these programs are running, but we will only be looking for these programs. It is in our collective interest to ensure the safety and integrity of the game and this is part of the security we offer all our players
From what I understand, sharkscope HUD works like PokerEdge, which is specifically mentioned as a illegal software. It uses a collected (shared) database of hands to profile players. "These programs allow players to access profile information on players they have never played against, and we believe this provides an unfair advantage." This is why PokerStars bans Sharkscope while PokerStars is running.

From the same page:
You should be aware that we will both warn and promise players that we have a strict policy towards the use of prohibited programs. While there is a zero-tolerance policy in effect towards "poker bot" usage, collusion and other forms of cheating, we may allow players to continue playing if they stop using a prohibited program.
However, we reserve the right to close accounts, seize funds and ban players from playing on PrimePoker for using prohibited programs or cheating.
So it looks like they'd have given you warnings if they saw Sharkscope running on your computer. But they have the right to simply block your account and confiscate the funds.

Last edited:
Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This one.

Conversely, programs that use shared data collected by other players are not allowed, because they provide an unfair advantage.
Sharkscope in a nutshell.

You broke the rules, got caught and were dealt with in accordance with the T&C

If they let everyone off who said they didn't know they had broken the rules, there wouldn't be much of an incentive for others to adhere to the rules.

Its unfortunate when it happens to you, but that's life. Live with it and make it your mission in life to fully understand the T&C of products and services you sign up for.

With 21 million Ongame users, they haven't the time to hold everyone's hand.

If you hadn't been using software designed to give you an unfair advantage, this wouldn't have happened.

Last edited:
Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dakota, I dont think it is a typical procedure to let people in the dark about the reason they had their account blocked. As it happens to know, people who had their accounts blocked/banned always get an explanation from serious sites, not just a copy of their terms to read.....

As they do not give explanations so why do I have to believe them. And I do not say that $700 is a big score for Ongame. All I am saying is that Primepoker.com consists of a bunch of morons who cant do their job right and screw people over.

What are you talking about?? SharkscopeHUD is legal on Ongame.

They don't usually have to explain it because if you violate good enough to get your account blocked, chances are you know what you did. I do find it amusing you happen to know ppl who have had accounts blocked/banned.

It is more than likely sharkscope.
Good luck

KaptainJim

KaptainJim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LET THE TRUTH SHINE....

I have contacted primepoker.com from a different email account:

Από:
"Dimitris Maratos" <poulis88@yahoo.gr>
Προσθήκη του αποστολέα στις Επαφές

Προς:
support@primepoker.com

Hello, I am consindering opening an account on your poker site, but I have one question. Can you please inform me if the use of SharkscopeHUD program is allowed on your site???

Thank you

Από:
Προσθήκη του αποστολέα στις Επαφές

Προς:
"Dimitris Maratos" <poulis88@yahoo.gr>

Dear Dimitris,
Thank you for your e-mail
You are allowed to use SharksopeHUD on our poker site but for more information you would have to contact SharkscopeHUD yourself.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
Best regards,
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Davina
Prime Poker Customer Support
www.primepoker.com
+1-647-724-0264
[/font]

And as far as I know Sharkscope allows SharkscopeHUD on ONGAMENETWORK and of course on Primepoker.com (they included it in their list of supported sites by me asking them).

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had troubles with a site awhile back,dunno which one exactly.They requested my info like they did you.I sent the documents and still got my account blocked.After several frustrating emails,come to find out,One of my documents was not in the JPEG format.So I made sure all were in JPEG,and re-sent my info and wallah,I was good to go!

On the subject of poker *helper software,I never use anything to aid in my poker skills.I think Ive only looked at sharkscope once-just to see what it was.When you play me,you get the real me,and I dont believe in any kind of help.I look at those programs as a nuicance,just something else to distract me.Hence, I have never had any kind of withdraw problems.Those who try to get an edge,usually end up shootin themselves in the foot.I am proud that I can win and place in games without some sort of cheating..however I do make notes on some players I dont know.,which the poker site provides.

T

thefatgeek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your account misfortune. It sounds like the fraud dept have made a mistake, unless you've had another account banned for good reasoning on that network?

I used to work for a skill-gaming site within the fraud prevention team, the first thing we'd do upon withdrawal check the withdrawal method to see if it's a dup account/bonus abuse... although you may have changed e-mail the MB account will have a unique identifier when you deposit (if you use MB).

I am not suggesting you've done anything wrong, it seems like they've got there knickers in a twist over you using legit. software or they are misinforming customers. Do you play online games like WoW/CS:S and left TeamSpeak or Ventrilo running? These are widely used for collusion and they may have thought they've caught a cheat. Or, do you play with anyone locally/same IP/ through VPN? If so, this would bring up a definite false positive... or if they'd done something wrong, they might blanket ban.

Last edited:
Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LET THE TRUTH SHINE....

I have contacted primepoker.com from a different email account:

In that case I dont know.

What i do know is this. I have never seen anyone start a thread called "My funds were ceased by a pokersite because I cheated and whilst its annoying, its also fair".

Not once have I seen someone start a thread and admit to wrong doings.

However, during my time here at CC I have seen countless people start threads entitled "poker site stole my money for no reason" and after some probing, the OP inadvertently posts something which strongly suggests that there is more than meets the eye, i.e. correspondence from the wrong email address etc etc. OP usually then stops posting and we never hear any more.

So my experience of these threads is that they are weighted towards people who were caught cheating.

I don't know if you were or were not caught cheating, but I have no idea of what you may or may not be withholding.

I have no prior experience of you and therefore cannot base my opinion of your character on past experience.

Therefore my opinion is that you are more likely to have been caught cheating and are withholding information than you are to be the victim of an administrative error.

You may indeed be an honest person who has been genuinely wronged, but statistically speaking that's less likely than you have been caught cheating.

There really isn't any point to this thread, PrimePoker has withheld your funds, and it really doesn't matter what people say in this thread, we are not able to reverse PrimePoker's decision, nor can we be certain that we are in possession of all of the facts.

So whilst its upsetting for you that this has happened, you must understand why people here are cynical.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What i do know is this. I have never seen anyone start a thread called "My funds were ceased by a pokersite because I cheated and whilst its annoying, its also fair".

Not once have I seen someone start a thread and admit to wrong doings.

However, during my time here at CC I have seen countless people start threads entitled "poker site stole my money for no reason" and after some probing, the OP inadvertently posts something which strongly suggests that there is more than meets the eye, i.e. correspondence from the wrong email address etc etc. OP usually then stops posting and we never hear any more.

So my experience of these threads is that they are weighted towards people who were caught cheating.

I don't know if you were or were not caught cheating, but I have no idea of what you may or may not be withholding.

I have no prior experience of you and therefore cannot base my opinion of your character on past experience.

Therefore my opinion is that you are more likely to have been caught cheating and are withholding information than you are to be the victim of an administrative error.

You may indeed be an honest person who has been genuinely wronged, but statistically speaking that's less likely than you have been caught cheating.

There really isn't any point to this thread, PrimePoker has withheld your funds, and it really doesn't matter what people say in this thread, we are not able to reverse PrimePoker's decision, nor can we be certain that we are in possession of all of the facts.

So whilst its upsetting for you that this has happened, you must understand why people here are cynical.

Brilliant summary. +1