Ultimate Bet's Software Update - Feature Discussions, Conversion Issues, Etc

sisko

sisko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And they gave me the 5, when I updated.

they added 5 dolars to my account too. dont know why, i wasnt even playing there for a while. apart from scandal, i will talk about just for new skin. its GREAT. also after pokerstars and fulltilt, now they have third most traffic, new tournaments, more guaranteed ones.. they can do well if they dont mess somewhere again.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow I am gonna go see if I have 5 bucks!
If I do not bodog>UB.
lol jk Chiefer.

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did they change the looks of the tables, the graffics and stuf? That was something that i really didn't like when i played at this site.

19RK64

19RK64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hehe, and they made UB look like AP! Lol.

They don't come even close to PS and FT, not even close to many Merge skins.
Time for UB players to move to the really good sites. :beer:
I don't know what you are trying to say, this is for the "USA play" wich at this time all that Im interested,
ranking on traffic flow & showing the number of skins,
here are my findings:
Network/numberSkins
#1 Cereus Network 6
#2 CakePoker Network 29
#3 Microgaming Poker Network 47
#4 Merge Gaming Network 25
#5 Yatahay Network 10
#6 Action Poker Network 27
#7 The Flash Poker Network 6
#8 BugsysClub Network 1
and most of your Online players belong to every OnlinePokerSite that has a fair rep. as to withdraws
Befor the merge U/B held a easy fifth place in site traffic flow, but we are looking at NETWORKS here,not sites
if it was that comparision it would look like this:
PokerStars:119000 players at the moment
Fulltilt:44000 players at the moment
Cereus Network: 22000 players at the moment
showing that all three of these are well grounded in Rake table players.

It shocks me that Bugsys isnt doing better in these stats

Last edited:
Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only bad thing I see with the merge is you can't play both sites at the same time. The graphics are entirely different, the chat box on UB has changed and there are a lot more games. The GOOD thing is that UB has adopted AP's rake rule. ie. pot under $1= zero rake.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...and did you see there seams to be no rake at the .01/.02 games:eek:

I did notice this, thought I must have been missing something when I read the HHs.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i played on it all day yesterday, i logged at least 6 hours. i didn't have one single problem. not one. maybe i was one of the lucky ones that didn't have any issues i enjoyed myself on UB yesterday, i even ended up with a profit for the day.

pkrplr4116

pkrplr4116

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dang! I so wanted to become Annie Duke!

Wat :confused:

I opened the app, got the update, and only had to change the login ID from my e-mail that they populated to my UB ID. No issues. The only thing different was that my regular ID wasn't in the box; it was my e-mail address.

But no, regardless, UB did not clear out all the screen names and put them up for grabs. lol

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only had to re-set my password...Other than that I had no real buring issue this them

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the new layout so much I will overcome my sadness at (apparently) losing the ultra turbo SnG's I like so much. However, things are changing fast over there and they may reappear soon. New update today.

Someone need to try to join our freeroll today from AP. With many skin sites those things are possible.

pkrplr4116

pkrplr4116

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New screename req'd on Absolute as a result; TY Pothole

I logged on to Ultimate Bet before Absolute...and when I could finally get absolute to connect, they said I needed a new screenname because I already had the screenname pkkrplr4116 on Ultimate. Pothole had to get me a new screenname on a site...and he came up with _pkrplr4116. So I tried it on Absolute; worked like a charm. So, those of you who like your screenname try the _ in front. Thanks, Pothole!

G

gra605

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to enjoy playing tournies simueltaneously at both Absolute and Ultimate - can no longer do that, will have to pick just one. Also had same table nme at both so that changes too. But the new program looks great.

19RK64

19RK64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I logged on to Ultimate Bet before Absolute...and when I could finally get absolute to connect, they said I needed a new screenname because I already had the screenname pkkrplr4116 on Ultimate. Pothole had to get me a new screenname on a site...and he came up with _pkrplr4116. So I tried it on Absolute; worked like a charm. So, those of you who like your screenname try the _ in front. Thanks, Pothole!

Hey their how ya been ?
hows it going in Vegas?
are you still out their?

yea the same thing happin to me,they sent email and told me I needed to change A/P user name cause it was the same at both sites.
I wanted to change my name at U/B instead but they wouldn't let me, cause I play more tables at U/B..O-well

hope its going good for ya out their.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yeah they also have knock out the pros to now :p and i may end up trying on out to see if i can get on a table and knock out a pro :)
For the first time i was up in money with out all of the bots on the site.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
np, I think the way it goes is which ever site you log into 1st is the site you have to change your nick on. I hope you have all updated your profiles,,,,,:deal: :D

nccali

nccali

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
So far no prob. here. new ub update went smooth and all my cash & point's r still there. it did drop off my ultamet bubby list though(think i need 2 download it again.)
Have been reading around and have seen alot of pepole with absolute loaded having the most problems..
Lot more pepole reporting on ub in the freeroll ub thread

lkport

lkport

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didnt read everything above, but my impression is that it looks like AP, and the tournament selection sucks, particularly for a low/low-mid player like me. Its almost like they don't want us small players, maybe because there isn't enough money in cheating us small guys. OOPS!, did I just say that. My bad.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only joined UB last week and now after the update it looks much better with the avatars.
Whether the site has improved or not I can't say - didn't play enough there, yet.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both Ultimate and Absolute have big changes under way, I believe. Probably what Buck has seen is part of that process.

They are updating their software and moving towards combining the two poker rooms into a single shared player base, as I understand it. I haven`t seen much info on the details.

Does anyone else know more about it ?

From what I understand Absolute and Ultimate bet are already combined. If it said you needed to change your screen name it was because someone on the other site already had that screen name and logged in before you. Therefore, you need to change yours. All your points and bank should be as before, mine was. However, I wasn't asked to change my screen name.

There is also an FAQ section about the new CEREUS network. On the main UB screen you will see the New CEREUS logo. Underneath that ther is a link that says "click here to find out more". That will take you to the FAQ.

As far as the site goes, I like the new format, now that I understand it. At first I was upset, I like to sit in the close seat right in the middle of the table, which is where you sat by default in the old software. However, I found out it you right click any seat an options menue will appear and click on "sit here" and it will shift the whole table so you view is from that seat.

What I don't like is there are about 25% as many freerolls, with twice as many people. All the SNG tournaments are on average .20 to .40 cents more for the house. Whith one less seat it throws off the pay out by about 10% to the winner on one and two table SNG's.

All and all, I'm not sure if I like all the changes. I can't afford to put any of my own money into my bank roll right now. I've been funding my bank roll with freerolls and playing low limit SNG's. The freerolls were a nice option because I didn't have to use any of my bank roll to play them and I've also done rather well in them. With an average of 7000 people playing, which is double of what it was before, it makes it way difficult!!! There are twice as many people playing and about 75% less freerolls!!! They were almost not worth it before, Now they really arn't!!!!

Anyone recommend a different poker room? Are there any with a good number of freerolls for tournament dollars or cash?

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have a look at carbon poker.
A lot of freerolls and not so overrun.

pifan

pifan

PiFace
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i cannot figure why have 2 sites with same tables and tourneys i belong to both sites i guess you only need to belong to one

JCuervo

JCuervo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had problems too. Lost my screen name on Absolute and had to create a new one. I think what may have happened, I've not seen it mentioned, is that AB and UB have merged and if you had accounts on both, with the same screen names, they make you change one. I also found out that I can't open both sites, or play on both sites at the same time one one computer...which stinks.

H

Holdem3x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played at UB for a long time now.It was the first online poker site that I played at which is probably the main reason I felt comfortable there.With the format change it is like playing somewhere completely unfamiliar to me.I am not knocking the whole thing.They made some really great changes that I like.But they should not have messed with the general appearance of the site.Kind of like your wife coming home with a bad hair cut I guess....Complaining about it won't gain you ANYTHING but you just hope somehow it gets better with time lol.Holdem