Chips
yea it tells me user name is not correct e mailed them havent heard anything

M

massimo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are having problems logging on, then your computer probably did not update the UB software when you opened it. I was able to log on after updating. If you can't update, then you may want to redownload from UB.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New UB

I see a lot to like about the new look.

Chat works, even with bubbles.
Folded Cards view works
And a new look with the Top View table
new UB.JPG

Attachments

• new UB.JPG
    new UB.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 15
RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was having issues that still arent resolved with changing my password(like to do that from time to time), but actually had no problem updating or logging in. I havent deposited or won any money there for a while and they put 5 bucks on there with the update, so as far as Im concerned SO FAR SO GOOD.

P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im fine, it shows my ultimate points and my bonus money

lrrpk9

lrrpk9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no probs for me and I like the changes so far, seems to be a lot less freerolls but that ok and can't play with ultimate points like you could before

Hynes1986

Hynes1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I got all my $ back thank god... Imagine waking up with your bankroll gone and no explanation..no e-mail, no heads-up of any kind... I was sure I was hacked

Ah well gotta love UB....

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I got all my $ back thank god... Imagine waking up with your bankroll gone and no explanation..no e-mail, no heads-up of any kind... I was sure I was hacked

Ah well gotta love UB....

Don't have to imagine. It happened to me. bodog. Key-logger hack, all $900 gone in 15 minutes joy-riding. Nightmare.
Have also heard it's happened to Fossilman on pokerstars.

Take your computer security very seriously.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thats coz of the long wait for the update CEREUS

J

Jack in Japan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The new UB SUCKS.

They took away the NOTES that included the colored pegs. I used the colored pegs to identify players.

The took away the $50 freerolls.

They took away the 100-sit-n-go tourneys as well.

They made all the names CAPS.

It's like playing on a brand new site...no one I played with before can go to the same parts of the site. THIS SUCKS.

I've been searching all day long for a new poker site that was somewhat similar to the OLD UB, but NO LUCK so far. This REALLY SUCKS!

As a very loyal OLD UB player, the new layout sucks.

They got rid of all the stuff I preferred about UB that made it unique, and now it looks just like eveything else. Those avatars make it look like partypoker. I don't care about adding avatars, I'm more pissed they got rid of so many of the COOL things about UB.

They got rid of the 100-seat sit-no-gos, the $50 freerolls, and the colored pins for the notes on players. In addition, all names are in ugly CAP LETTERS.

I woke up this morning LOOKING FORWARD to some cool UPGRADES....NOT for them to completely change the site to something different, and lose EVERYTHING I liked about it before. Now that all the areas I played on ($50 freerolls and 100-seat sit-no-gos)....I gotta find another site that offers those things.

This sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

McMilo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The new UB SUCKS.

They took away the NOTES that included the colored pegs. I used the colored pegs to identify players.

The took away the $50 freerolls.

They took away the 100-sit-n-go tourneys as well.

They made all the names CAPS.

It's like playing on a brand new site...no one I played with before can go to the same parts of the site. THIS SUCKS.

I've been searching all day long for a new poker site that was somewhat similar to the OLD UB, but NO LUCK so far. This REALLY SUCKS!

Man, I couldn't agree more. I really don't like the new site at all! 1st off, I entered a 9 pp SNG and when I was taken to my table, I got a glitch where it loaded me as though I was just another player - I couldn't take any action - wow it was like I was out of my body, just watching myself, lol. So I closed out the program, then reloaded expecting to get the message "you are registered for a tournament, we will take you to your seat"... nothing, nada - no auto-seating after being bumped for a glitch. So you get live help and they say sorry - can't help you, contact support via email. Cool.... Did that, but still waiting to hear back. The funny thing is that an hour or so later, I get a pop-up fm UB saying that I finished in 4th place in the SNG that I couldn't get seated for...

The problem with contacting support is that there isn't a place listed that shows your tourney registrations in the Accounts section any longer - you can't prove you even entered that tourney until (for me) the next day.

Anyway, the tourneys are difficult to find. Your old favorites are no longer there. The font at the table is so light you can barely make out what all the chip stacks are... blah blah blah... sorry imho, the new UB is a total waste, however, I do like their new hand history window and replay feature - now that's pretty cool, I'll admit.

I'm currently looking for a new site that offers easy despositing/withdrawal for U.S. folks. Do the rest of the sites all really require you to photo-copy all your personal information and fax/mail it to them?

Anyway, was thinking about checking out BODOG or Carbon Poker a little more closely - any thoughts on these two for U.S. players? Thanks

E

eziem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes cant even log in because live update screen still says installing... did a reboot tried 2 log in and get put right back 2 update crap.emailed support no answer.ya figure it out please post likewise here.

P

plainluck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talked to a live person on line. He said it would be back in about an hour. In the meantime I shut my computer down. When I got back, the money was there. Don't know if shutting my computer down helped.

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to admit I'm not too happy with the "new" UB and before this UB was my favorite site. I liked their software interface, I loved the miniview table option.

I suppose I'll give the place a chance, see how things go. I never did care much for AP, now it looks the same as AP and has AP players on it. I guess it's like anything new, you have to get used to it or, if you can't, you move along to a new site.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe I wasn't using a filter I didn't see before but the tournament list is much easier for me to read now. Other than problems ppl have had with the transfer, I haven't seen anything that's changed for the worse.

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man, I couldn't agree more. I really don't like the new site at all! 1st off, I entered a 9 pp SNG and when I was taken to my table, I got a glitch where it loaded me as though I was just another player - I couldn't take any action - wow it was like I was out of my body, just watching myself, lol. So I closed out the program, then reloaded expecting to get the message "you are registered for a tournament, we will take you to your seat"... nothing, nada - no auto-seating after being bumped for a glitch.

Same exact thing happened to me this morning...
Luckly, I hit the "lobby" button and got the tourney lobby up on my screen. I closed the table window and selected view table from the tloby screen... was able to play after that...

BTW: there's a "Tournament Registered" option under one of the menus at the top of the screen. A dialog pops up and you can select your tourney.
I know this is of no help now...:(

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did read a while back about UB & Absolute merging so i suppose this was the first step.

The set up is very similar now to Absolute with the avatars & the speech bubbles.

I cant help but wonder if there where any super user accounts for the trials of the new software :rolleyes: :p

jasonallen28

jasonallen28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be careful playing on either of those sites, I have been hearing a lot of bad stuff about them. I am sure you probaly heard but hearing its even worse since the upgrade. When I was playing on Absolute I had some idiot still my personal info and soled it. He got caught but thats not the point when my records are already gone. GL to you.

C

checkoutcardschat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am open to new and improved (have to do as I work in a technology intensive business) but I don't like when changes are made and nothing is communicated to the players.

Yesterday I entered the $1 rebuy 8pm CT (with $5K guar). all of a sudden the blinds were going up exponentially faster than before (issue #1) which changes the strategy of how you play a rebuy significantly. More importantly however after 30 minutes i was expecting the rebuy period to end and they extended the rebuy timeframe to 1 hour (issue #2). Now you must look at a much higher budget for this tourney as likely you've increased your "times going all in" factor by double.

Again I have no problem with the above other than I was not communicated these changes and would have approached the tourney differently. Possibly there are other tourneys that have changed as well. Please keep this in mind as you sign up for any tourney you were playing with previously.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UB's new layout.

has anybody checked out UB's new layout? it's pretty nice, a huge improvement over the old version. a lot more tournament options, customized avatars, tourny and cash game filters, there are many more.

i like it, i think i'll be spending more time there.

ooops, i meant to put this in the poker rooms section. can a mod please move it, k, thanks.

Last edited:
Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven`t had a chance to have a close look yet, but I had the impression (from looking at the MTT schedules) that Absolute and Ultimate now share all the same games and are effectively just different skins on the same network.

Is that the case ?

If so, I have accounts at both (as do a lot of us, I guess) and might as well close one or the other.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know that they are on the same network, and they allow intersite transfers, other than that, i don't know what they share. i havn't played on absolute in a couple of years.

when you say that they share the same games, does that mean that when i play a tournament on UB, i'm actually playing against players from absolute as well?

M

McMilo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Same exact thing happened to me this morning...
Luckly, I hit the "lobby" button and got the tourney lobby up on my screen. I closed the table window and selected view table from the tloby screen... was able to play after that...

BTW: there's a "Tournament Registered" option under one of the menus at the top of the screen. A dialog pops up and you can select your tourney.
I know this is of no help now...:(

Cool, thanks Pete - you're always there with an answer. Yes, it does help me in case it happens again. FYI, here's what UB sent me, and after doing a quick tally in my head (UB doesn't show you your tourney entree fees or credits of this type under the account screen anymore), they did credit my account by this morning. So, I can't hold that against them, but I do miss the quaint smaller feel that was UB. Anyway, good luck at the tables!

Thank you for reaching the Technical Support Team.

We are currently experiencing problems with some of our scheduled tournaments.

Our development department is aware of the situation and is working on the issue to have it fixed soon.

Any refund will be applied automatically to your account by our system. If you have not received the refund please reply us this email with the Game ID and the amount of the refund so we can properly proceed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this event may have caused you. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us back. We will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Albert
UltimateBet ~ Technical Support
'The Ultimate Poker Experience'