Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I think that's right, Chief.

I really like the changes, I'll be depositing there soon. It will be ahead of Full Tilt as my second site now.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am playing there now. i'm killing thier 2NL. i wonder if we should move our donkfest to UB every once in awhile, when business picks up there.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd be up for that, Chief. I was playing some 2NL with my small roll there earlier. Its very similar to PS with the new table view, HHs (is that what Absolute looks like) and no more 10c buyins. By combining the two sites there should be quite a few players now.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, i think business will def pick up once everybody realizes they've updated.

W

Woodyspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the new changes they make it way better then b4

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it even more now!!! And now there low tables are .02/.04 I just hope the allin donks have just found out that they may not end up going allin all the time they have a AK... Tho you can find some good fish on ub

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they will have some bugs in the new lay out to start with then after some time it will all be fixed. I had 2 updates back to back....

Insaneasylm

Insaneasylm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i tried to log on to ub today and it asks that i validate my e-mail. I have done all this before. so any way i click need new validate code sent to my e-mail and nothing ever comes. tried to start it up again just to go to the e-mail help page and it won't even let me do that it keeps asking for the validate code.Glad i don't have any money on there thats for sure

19RK64

19RK64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it totally SUCKS!
I MISS THE TEN SEAT TABLES and their program.

If I wanted to play the Absolute program I would play it threw A/P,
I as a USA player will miss U/B program, as I use to play U/B and A/P at the same time.. BUT NOT NO more..
A/P sent me a letter yesterday saying I had to change my player name at Absolute cause my I had same name
at A/P and U/B, but I wanted to change U/B instead of A/P and they said I couldn't cause I play more tables at U/B ?WTF..
I will miss having U/B as a skin that I could multi site with while playing A/P

U/B is lost!, NO MORE U/B PROGRAM, its just a skin of AbsolutePoker now :(
so all you people saying that it better, should also know we have lost a major site.

Last edited:
RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it even more now!!! And now there low tables are .02/.04 I just hope the allin donks have just found out that they may not end up going allin all the time they have a AK... Tho you can find some good fish on ub

They have .01/.02 also i was playing last night and took my 5 bucks to 17. And they gave me the 5, when I updated. I know thats nothin great but i definately like winning. i used to play UB almost exclusively (mostly freerolls), and I like their new setup too.

pifan

pifan

PiFace
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
trying to attach 2 screenshots from absolute and ultimate bet

Last edited:
pifan

pifan

PiFace
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one minite apart look alike
cannot believe you would be playing on the same table from 2 difterent sites

19RK64

19RK64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know that they are on the same network, and they allow intersite transfers, other than that, i don't know what they share. i havn't played on absolute in a couple of years.

when you say that they share the same games, does that mean that when i play a tournament on UB, i'm actually playing against players from absolute as well?

they didn't share the same tables or tourney, ther were seperate sites and programs, that had a good amount of cash table player and fell a tab in the last six months but they were holding at fifth US Prime Time Highest Traffic,
the only reason they allowed tranfers from site to site is A/P bought it a few months ago,

Cereus Network

Network formed November 25, 2008 from merger of UltimateBet and Absolute Poker

give you a list of all skins in this network, here are my findings

AbsolutePoker.com
APLady.com
BenefitPoker.com
Bet21.com
DV8Poker.com
UltimateBet.com

I have lost a good site!.

Last edited:
19RK64

19RK64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well it's nasty their at the moment, A/P players are concidered soft, and U/B player were known for over betting so we will have a interesting month.lol
other than that the Badbeat jackpot is at a wooping $758,000.oo :)

W

wes2310

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its to flashy

I think the new UB has some good features but I think they have water it down a little with trying to be fancy they should have kept some of the old features.

W

wes2310

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would they do that

Why would UB join with AP I mean the site was fine the way it was. It was different from all the rest but now its no different. I like something different and I was so used to playing there and now we have these 3 minutes long betting periods where people just sit there and take forever to bet. I mean the tournaments take forever now because people dont know how to focus on a game. UB has sold out I guess, but it sucks now.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would UB join with AP I mean the site was fine the way it was. It was different from all the rest but now its no different. I like something different and I was so used to playing there and now we have these 3 minutes long betting periods where people just sit there and take forever to bet. I mean the tournaments take forever now because people dont know how to focus on a game. UB has sold out I guess, but it sucks now.

Erm... Absolute and UltimateBet have been owned by the same people for ages now.

The reason they've actually merged / rebranded the software is, I'd imagine, to try to make people forget about the massive cheating scandals that happened on the old site.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They have .01/.02 also i was playing last night and took my 5 bucks to 17. And they gave me the 5, when I updated. I know thats nothin great but i definately like winning. i used to play UB almost exclusively (mostly freerolls), and I like their new setup too.

Yeah seen that i guess i was not looking that hard ;) , and did you see there seams to be no rake at the .01/.02 games:eek:

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he he he
they have morphed

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah seen that i guess i was not looking that hard ;) , and did you see there seams to be no rake at the .01/.02 games:eek:

I didnt notice that. Thats probably why after playing a couple hours I had no points.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he he he
they have morphed
Pay attention. There are lots of repercussions here, we are just getting started. My rakeback provider has issued warning signs. Software is not working right. Etc.

str8goods23

str8goods23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i could really care less i lost all faith in ub due to losing a bunch of money there so for all you ub haters now start playin party poker and full tilt especially party poker even know they dont allow CC avtars its a site full of very weak players and am making my bankroll grow daily!!

S

Sasskesse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Erm... Absolute and UltimateBet have been owned by the same people for ages now.

The reason they've actually merged / rebranded the software is, I'd imagine, to try to make people forget about the massive cheating scandals that happened on the old site.

Hehe, and they made UB look like AP! Lol.

Also, I was reminded of these scandals when recently some money disappeared from my UB account and they claimed I had played a Black Jack game for which there is no trace in the transaction history. They refused to send me any objective information about that game. Basically they took the position that it is correct because they say so and don't provide any info to support this. No way I will play at UB except freerolls. Maybe not even that.

I will post specifically about this incident to warn other people.

Basically, new skin, old way of doing things (or not doing things). They don't come even close to PS and FT, not even close to many Merge skins.

Time for UB players to move to the really good sites. :beer:

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

And not a moment too soon. 60 Minutes on CBS in the US is running their story about the online cheating scandal this Sunday, November 30th. Now since AB and UB have been owned by the same people for awhile, do you find it a coincidence that they finally merged 5 days before a damaging report would be shown to a large majority of Americans who may not have been aware of the scandal?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And not a moment too soon. 60 Minutes on CBS in the US is running their story about the online cheating scandal this Sunday, November 30th. Now since AB and UB have been owned by the same people for awhile, do you find it a coincidence that they finally merged 5 days before a damaging report would be shown to a large majority of Americans who may not have been aware of the scandal?

Likely got a lot to do with it, yeah.

I don't play there, probably never will. I've been seeing a lot of reports of bugs in the software though - rushing it out ahead of the 60 Minutes story would go a long way to explaining why they didn't wait until they were fixed :p