Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) 1000 chips is always = 1 bitcoin on SwC
2) Yes, the price of each bitcoin can fluctuated drastically
3) Your chips on SwC are always 1000 chips = 1 bitcoin - you are playing poker with bitcoins on SWC.
4) We have download clients for PC, Mac & linux --> https://sealswithclubs.eu/pc-client/
5) no more free bitcoins (too much value now) but freerolls run each hour so you can play for free

F

FAOMaalik

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seals

I've been poking around on the site and built a bankroll of about 20 chips from freerolls (before losing 10 of those with my AA against 92o). The desktop software crashes a lot on me especially during tourneys. I hate the slider and wish there were buttons for 1/2, 2/3, POT, etc.

The micros there are extremely tight most players have 12% or less VPIPs, the maniacs are around 30%. I've only seen one guy over 100 hands with over 40%.

I played a SnG last night for the first time and took third (wooooo 3.94 chips more in the roll). I like the tempo of the match but it played much more like a $10 than a 2.

In general if you want to play with tighter than average online players it is a nice experience. I'm sticking around but only playing with the free chips for now till I understand bitcoin better. The swings recently have been a bit crazy.

I'm Ctownsend on that site if anyone wants to hit me up there.

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol @ the epic 500 chip headshots I threw out back in the day.

ppl still PM me asking for free chips, and, well, they are just too valuable at this stage. There are still many freeroll opportunities at SwC but I can't be tossing out huge bankrolls anymore. I hope some of you ran it up!

BIG BTC on Sunday / now 500 chips and 20 btc guaranteed.

I

IvanShovski

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the significance of the name Seals With Clubs? I'm no marketing genius, but I don't understand how this name will appeal to the average online poker player.

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the significance of the name Seals With Clubs? I'm no marketing genius, but I don't understand how this name will appeal to the average online poker player.

hahaha.

I have to answer this questions ~3x per week.

The very very very very first initial programmer who only worked on the project for a month or so picked this absolutely crazy name. It is initially terrible I think, but after a while it just sort of grows on you and you stop questioning why it's green and fantastic.

SANDYHOOKER KY

SANDYHOOKER KY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a very very very very good reason that particular name was used. Log in and read a little and you should be able to find it. Although since the new site it may not be on there anymore. I really liked the quote by the founder that used to be at the bottom of the log in page, when asked about the integrity of the RNG, 'you might be getting cheated and you might not, play or don't play' lol now that's honesty! Seriously, the platform is Poker Mavens and while i am not too fond of it because of the very simplistic design, it works o-k. By the way, last night a coin was $877.00, a few months ago they were $124.00, dam that's better than any scamming, crooked, rich controlled stock market. Stock market, now that's a real joke of a legal way to rob the masses.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seals eat fish, humans club seals LOL, or sharks eat seals as an anology to clubbing them.

mmmm would love a feed of cod fish now, maybe even seal haha.

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just getting real with you guys, I have always thought of it as a baby Seal now armed with a club that it is usually killed by, but then instead it is now a very powerful Seal with a club and can now kill whatever was trying to kill it. Many seals with many clubs could be an army of sorts to rage against evil and high rakes.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are US players allowed to play on this site?

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but the bit coin thing is very confising

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm swc don't got no more freerolls at all? other than some skrill and privates?

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im gonna go ahead and agree with bluffmeallin the ladt time ive been on there a month ago there werent any fr except some shrimp on lol I was like wtf s this shit and left the site

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

SANDYHOOKER KY

SANDYHOOKER KY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL yes there are free rolls, the hourly has been taken off, but there is a free roll every two hours now. You can log in and a member of the 'team' will direct you to them if you can't find them. Just ask in the chat, usually a team member is always there, if not a player will. Just be aware that there are quite a few 'nuts' there and they might wise crack on you, but a sane person will direct you. If i am not mistaken, they are in the s-n-go section. And no, they are not krill, those are for members that have been raked. And by the way, for you guys wondering about the super fast cash out times, sure you can cash out fast, but probably not in the way your thinking. Remember that your using bitcoins, and that's what you get when you cash out. It's not so complicated as it sounds, most times you can "trade" with another member for cash, but the way the dam things have sky rocketed, keeping them awhile would be a good bet. When i joined the site over a year ago, a coin was around $47.00, a week ago they were $870.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the info sandy, didn't see any in sng either, was a 99 person that then dissapeared and a 9 person that needed a password.

i asked in chat and as usual am ignored lol.

J

JFKblownaway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players can have multiple accounts on seals, collusion is rampart but I do like the bitcoin concept for usa players, but the software sucks and the tourney selection is horrid

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

We have a 99-man SnG freeroll that runs as it fills. We take it down sometimes during peak hours occasionally to encourage other action.

To answer some other Q's:

1) yes, bitcoin is initially confusing, but it makes more and more sense the more you study it

2) SwC allows world wide players

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have a 99-man SnG freeroll that runs as it fills. We take it down sometimes during peak hours occasionally to encourage other action.
Yeah seen this but seemed any time i went to reg it was down, guess i pick the wrong times to go on the site to give it a try. What would be considered the peak hours? Is it a set schedule of when its not available or just on a whim?

W

WizardRubic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah seen this but seemed any time i went to reg it was down, guess i pick the wrong times to go on the site to give it a try. What would be considered the peak hours? Is it a set schedule of when its not available or just on a whim?

Haven't been watching extensively, but it looks like whenever it drops below 400 players, a 99 sng freeroll starts.

B

BayAreaSteve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really?

One of the owners Bryan Micon is a very shady individual.

Hell of a thing to say from a long-timer, here. And then to ask for chips? Have you no pride?

I realize it's been some time, but as a poster I've respected, that's frickin' weak.

Then, the guy responds, calls you out for the same BS, and you ignore?

I might me new, but I gotta ask...

500hpawd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll MTTs run every hour and award 50 chips FTW, aka .05 btc aka about $.58 ATM.

If you send me a screen name I'll ship you a free 500 chips on Seals, or about $6 USD

I'll take 500 free chips to try it out:) 06evo9mr is my screen name on SWC

E

eichroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seals is down 1/21/2014 amd 1/22/2014... does anyone know why?

J

JFKblownaway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seals is down 1/21/2014 amd 1/22/2014... does anyone know why?

They got hacked again, usually happens every month or so, kind of nerve racking but they're back up and everyone's chips are intact. Like with any usa site keep your roll to bare mininum and hope for best, cash outs to btc account are pretty fast so it's easy to keep mininum roll on there, site really needs late reg for tourneys though, but I do find seals very endearing and a breath of fresh air, again though watch out for colluders