Seals with Clubs

imafin

imafin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i opened an acount several months ago but never did anything else, i meant to look into what bitcoins were but never got around to it.

you cant beat free coins though if he offered.
my user name there is 3arths3nding

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They use bit coins as a currency I think Dutch Boyd created the site with Bryan Micon

I saw this thread, created an account and played their hourly 54 max winner take all freeroll. The flash player was pretty poor for me (had to log out/log in twice). The lobby is pretty myopic, there's not much you can see unless you take the time to highlight each line then click on each button. It might be ok if you're using an old pc or have a slow connection. I can't see this requiring much bandwidth. Maybe good in internet cafes because of the flash player tables.
However, I do like concept of the bit coins.
I heard Dutch Boyd was having trouble finding a minimum wage job no one would hire him. It's kinda funny if he is involved in this site.

1) In our 2+2 thread Freemoney explains Dutch's involvement. It was very brief and never involved the playing software.

Id like to try out seals with clubs and bitcoins. Do you think you could send me some free chips to try it out? my name on seals is tourneypro thanks alot.

have 500 free chips then! that is .5 bitcoins and currently btc = $13.27 as of this exact moment on MtGox, the largest exchange.

i opened an acount several months ago but never did anything else, i meant to look into what bitcoins were but never got around to it.

you cant beat free coins though if he offered.
my user name there is 3arths3nding

You have also been shipped a free 500 chips just for asking! now I can't do this too much because then ppl start coming out of the woodwork. But if someone tells me a reasonable story and I believe you are new to bitcoin, new to Seals I'll ship out a few more 500 chips faceshots.

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shipped you 500 chips Tdubs - tytyty for starting the thread so long ago! (I don't have PMs until 15 posts)

S

spanky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks micon. The site is great. I busted out pretty fast but the community is awesome. Some good people and good players. I hope the site and bitcoins are a big success for you. Still unsure if i;m ready to buy into bitcoins but the whole idea seems pretty cool.
After losing so quickly I didnt get a chance to play very much. I was hoping I could ask you for another 500 chips. I really want to see how big of a bankroll I can build by sticking to the freerolls and the half hour tourney. My mistake was playing the cash game and underestimating the competition. Either way thanks again for letting me try the site. TourneyPro

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks Micon, good luck with all your endevours. donkdown is a way of life

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spanky - thanks for playing. I give out those 500 chips shots out of my own pocket, and I have thrown out a grip all over the internet and to my friends.

Think of it as the drug dealer they made up in the 80's "I'll give you this crack for free the first time, then after that it costs!"

You are correct about the community, it feels like more of a poker club to me. Very close knit community.

Coinbase is the exchange most btc users in the USA are using for <$100 deposits or withdraws if you are looking for a cheap way to buy small coin from your computer.

also, the freeroll runs every hour! hammer away!

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey i see a page on the seals website for rakeback. is there rakeback? and if so how much?

A

alevay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Micon, my screen name is alevay and I would like to have the 500 chips sent to me so I can give it a shot! I have been on there for a few days and appreciate the effort you guys are putting forth and the fact you use bitcoins. Good luck!!

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Micon, my screen name is alevay and I would like to have the 500 chips sent to me so I can give it a shot! I have been on there for a few days and appreciate the effort you guys are putting forth and the fact you use bitcoins. Good luck!!

cool / 500 chips sent / glglglgl try and run it up!

Thanks for the kind words on bitcoins - they are going to change the world if it can fade the ~25% (IMO) chance of total technical complete fail.

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not really on a team, but Micon is a shady individual.

Feel free to start a new thread and I'll debate you on the point of "Micon is a shady individual" for as long as you can stand it.

Haters like this will always try and distract the discussion about Seals. The idea of the currency & payment system that is bitcoin when applied to poker allows us to drastically reduce the rake and average ~ 4 hr cashouts. Tough to hate on that but they still find a way somehow...

T

tworooks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Micon,
As a longtime poker enthusiast(addict :embarasse) & sound money and free market advocate, I am absolutely pumped to find out about Seals With Clubs as well as bitcoins. I immediately signed up for the next weekly freeroll to give the software a test. I'm still in the process of figuring out Mt. Gox, any suggestions on your preferred method to purchase bitcoins? I am from USA for what it's worth.

I hope I like SWC, because right now, I am just absolutely pumped to give it a shot. Granted, I've had 6 Bud Light Platinums, but poker and bitcoins is a brilliant idea :D

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Micon,
As a longtime poker enthusiast(addict :embarasse) & sound money and free market advocate, I am absolutely pumped to find out about Seals With Clubs as well as bitcoins. I immediately signed up for the next weekly freeroll to give the software a test. I'm still in the process of figuring out Mt. Gox, any suggestions on your preferred method to purchase bitcoins? I am from USA for what it's worth.

I hope I like SWC, because right now, I am just absolutely pumped to give it a shot. Granted, I've had 6 Bud Light Platinums, but poker and bitcoins is a brilliant idea :D

1) #brofist

2) micon at sealswithclubs dot eu with your username and I'll hit you with the 500 chip "I like the cut of your jib" initial coins

3) coinbase for < $100 transactions - I have used them a few times but others report very fast / easy / don't have to leave the house buying of btc. They claim they will go no-limit and remove the $100 max soon.

4) blockchain.info cloudwallet, it has btc buying options

5) buy directly from a friend that is already involved

6) spent / spending lots of time on this page: https://sealswithclubs.eu/what-is-bitcoin/ which has many, many resourceful links about where & how to buy / sell BTC

J

JasonP

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Micon

Hey just joined and enjoying so far... would love some free chips my username in Seals is JasonP

C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seals has kind of "taken off" in the sense that 4 or 5 ring games are almost always running. Worth checking out again if you haven't, bitcoin is at $16 right now.

I've cashed out my winnings with a service called CoinBase - direct ACH to my checking account in 3 business days for only a 1% fee.

B

Blown01Cobra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to mine bitcoins for awhile in a pooled mining group. That was a few years ago, and I thought I was so sneaky in that I had downloaded the mining software to tons of different computers at school, work, and family members - oh boy, that was quite the operation.

Anyways, haven't messed with bitcoins since then, but this looks interesting and while I'm not a huge fan of the software, it's nice I can play in the browser for something that has actual monetary value. Will the android App your developing work with Kindle Fire?

P.S. How exciting that's post 65.

B

Blown01Cobra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys should check out the new Bitcoin based poker website planned to launch in early 13'. Check it out www.infinitipoker.com/

Their website says be prepared for Spring 2012, you think that was a typo or did they just not update the site often in that area for when their launching? It was when I clicked to receive the newsletter.

RiverMeTimbers

RiverMeTimbers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Their website says be prepared for Spring 2012, you think that was a typo or did they just not update the site often in that area for when their launching? It was when I clicked to receive the newsletter.

Yeah I just noticed it does say spring of 12'.... I know they have been delaying the release date for some time now so we will just have to wait and see...

I

idontreallymind

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Micon

I've been reading about SWC and I just registered yesterday but I can't seem to find the hourly freerolls to test the software? I would love some free coins to try it out also. Username "Inbits"

B

Blown01Cobra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Micon

I've been reading about SWC and I just registered yesterday but I can't seem to find the hourly freerolls to test the software? I would love some free coins to try it out also. Username "Inbits"

On the website, after logging in, click play now to open the poker room client.
Then click the tournament tab and you'll see a list of available tables.
Above the tables are additional tabs (ID, Game, Buy-In, etc.)
Look under the tab buy-in and search for any that have a buy in of 0+0. These are completely free. You can actually just click the tab name and it will sort it.
If you find a find a buy in with 0+0, you can look over to the left column and see the ID (Name of the table). There's one titled *EVERY HOUR* Freeroll or something like that, as well as some other ones.

But the one titled *EVERY HOURS* is a freeroll that occurs...well...at the start of every hour.

B

bofus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U.S fiendly site??

I just Re-read this thread, it appears you start by saying negative things about both me as well as Seals, but seem to have come around and want some free chips.

What changed for you in the last few months?
Can players from the u.s play at this site?

B

Blown01Cobra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. US players are welcome. There is very little details needed to signup. Are you familiar with bitcoins bofus?

B

Blown01Cobra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea...kind of twisted to dis the site and then suddenly say "oh uh...did u say free cash...well in that case..."

I think the concept is great and the poker client itself simple enough so I'll give it a try. Plus I can play at work when things are slow right in my browser. Granted, and this is just brutal honesty, the software isn't as flashy as the major sites but it is a sound alternative to the depositing issues were facing.

You tell people they can't deposit on site A and they complain...offer them an alternative option at site B and they also complain because it doesn't look like site A. I`m sure with revenues increasing overtime we can expect features and graphics better as well.