Rush Poker!

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried max buy-in at 5nl, and $5 buy-in at 10nl simultaneously, and done better with the 10nl game, as people were callling my raises more as I was shortstacked. Anyway, I took it to $15, and then went to 25nl, ran it up to $25, and took it to 50nl, went back down to $20, and quit, $15 up, and lots of ftps.

I never thought of trying a rampage there. You wouldn't even have to short stack like the traditional rampage does, just buy in full at $5, then once you get it to $10 quit and go to the $10 table and try to get to $25, ect.

Why would people call your raises more if your short? I guess if they take that as a read that your a bad player, but when someone short raises I usually reraise/fold since I'm not getting implied odds.

Or maybe they're less threatened by the shorter stack. "By calling a raise from a short stack as opposed to a full stack I give off less implied odds for the times that I'm going to lose my stack", kind of thinking? I dunno; I like getting deep so that I can call other deeps stacks with anything.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rampage works there, the 4 times Ive done it, anyway, up about $60, over the 4 times.

They like calling ssers, so I only play premium.

good luck NL, nice to see you around bud.

I never thought of trying a rampage there. You wouldn't even have to short stack like the traditional rampage does, just buy in full at $5, then once you get it to $10 quit and go to the $10 table and try to get to $25, ect.

Why would people call your raises more if your short? I guess if they take that as a read that your a bad player, but when someone short raises I usually reraise/fold since I'm not getting implied odds.

Or maybe they're less threatened by the shorter stack. "By calling a raise from a short stack as opposed to a full stack I give off less implied odds for the times that I'm going to lose my stack", kind of thinking? I dunno; I like getting deep so that I can call other deeps stacks with anything.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the beautiful things about RUSH poker is that for us attention deficit kind, we can sit for a few hours and actually see most of the possible hands come up. Have got several straight flushes, quads, etc, and can actually put this in perspective.

I play mostly play money 6 max rush. I use it for exercise. So I might concentrate on connectors, or suited connectors and while I can get the hard facts from my PT3, I seem to get a much better idea about card flow via actual play, and rushing along is great. It becomes more organic if you know what I mean.

I can 2 table rush easy, sometimes even 3 tables, but my mental limit goes wacky at 4 tables.

BTW I'm up 1/2 million play chips via RUSH.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the beautiful things about RUSH poker is that for us attention deficit kind, we can sit for a few hours and actually see most of the possible hands come up. Have got several straight flushes, quads, etc, and can actually put this in perspective.

I play mostly play money 6 max rush. I use it for exercise. So I might concentrate on connectors, or suited connectors and while I can get the hard facts from my PT3, I seem to get a much better idea about card flow via actual play, and rushing along is great. It becomes more organic if you know what I mean.

I can 2 table rush easy, sometimes even 3 tables, but my mental limit goes wacky at 4 tables.

BTW I'm up 1/2 million play chips via RUSH.
nice post dg!

W

weedipikia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
OK... I will rephrase my critique of your statement.
I should probably rephrase too. I think we're probably misunderstanding each other a bit.

I think on the surface saying Rush poker is "geared towards those with a short attention span" in the context that they could be watching TV while they play seems like a reasonable idea, but in reality it is craziness.
I can understand why you think this is what I meant; I should have expanded a bit more. I didn't mean those with short attention spans would be watching TV while playing Rush Poker, only that many of them probably watch TV while playing regular poker (since there's so much "down time"). In Rush Poker, there's no need (and as you said: no time) for distractions since it demands your constant attention. The time that they'd be watching TV is cut out of the game: while they're sitting there not involved in a hand. Since nobody at the table in Rush Poker is watching hands they're not involved in, those who would be watching those hands lose that particular advantage (but probably still have other advantages).

Do I recognize any of these players? Do I have notes?
This is a good point. It still is somewhat of a disadvantage in Rush Poker not to know the tendencies of the other players, but I'm only arguing that it is less of a disadvantage than it usually is.

And I would argue saying
weedipikia said:
people who don't pay attention... ... don't have as much of a disadvantage as at a regular poker table
is functionally the same as saying they have a greater edge at Rush tables.
It's really not what I meant though. To me having less of a disadvantage in Game B than you do in Game A doesn't mean you neccesarily have an advantage in Game B. As an analogy, say one horse is good at running on a wet track and one horse stinks at it. They run a race on a very wet track and it's not even close. Then they run a race on an only slightly damp track. The same horse still wins, but it's a closer race. This time other horse has less of a disadvantage.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's better at rush poker in the heavy rain:D

I played rush for the first time this weekend. I did pretty well considering I was playing above my bankroll. I haven't had any $$ at FT for some time. When they offered $500 to come try the new game I couldn't resist. :viking: Bit of a roller-coaster but I doubled my $80 buy in and cleared $20 of bonus.

I find myself folding more marginal hands and SBs. Raising /stealing seems more clear. Often when you raise it seems everyone's already gone. If someone late sticks around and calls or repops it I'll give em a little extra credit.

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's soooo scare that it is a WIN-WIN for everyone. Bored people at full-ring tables get to play more hands without compromising their starting hand requirements (cause you know that's what we all do!) and FTP gets to rake the hell out of all of us. Way to go Mel Judah!! (He invented it, right? Haven't read the entire post yet)

T

turby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's soooo scare that it is a WIN-WIN for everyone. Bored people at full-ring tables get to play more hands without compromising their starting hand requirements (cause you know that's what we all do!) and FTP gets to rake the hell out of all of us. Way to go Mel Judah!! (He invented it, right? Haven't read the entire post yet)

Yeah.. Raking in a killing I'm sure, they are!

At our expense, indeed!

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hoping to hit Ironman Bronze this month and needed 7 quick points before bed so played some 0.02/0.05c rush poker.

Sat down with $2, left with $14.50. Got some very nice hands (few KK, few QQ, no bullets) and ran into quite a few bluffers, while hitting some nice high two pairs (KJ, KQ, etc). Would have been up to $21.50 but got rivered by a K for villain to make the straight over my 2 pair, when they only had a pair.

Good fun, plenty of points and adds more to my rakeback :D

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love everything about Rush. If anyone has any questions about it please feel free to ask me in the thread or send me a PM.

Attachments

• Rush3210.jpg
    Rush3210.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 168
Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My graph is from HEM...if thats what you're asking?

H

HipHopStoner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't really feel the need to dispose countless rake over a shorter period of time.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 567573
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter
BTN: $4.74
SB: $9.94
BB: $5.80
UTG: $6.01
UTG+1: $0.73
UTG+2: $1.59
Hero (MP1): $3.48
MP2: $9.61
CO: $1.47
Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP1 with J :diamond: J :spade:
UTG raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, UTG calls $0.25
Flop: ($0.87) 8 :diamond: 9 :club: 9 :heart: (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.45, UTG raises to $1.66, Hero raises to $3.08 all in, UTG calls $1.42
Turn: ($7.03) A :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)
River: ($7.03) 2 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)
Final Pot: $7.03
UTG shows K :spade: A :spade: (two pair, Aces and Nines)
Hero shows J :diamond: J :spade: (two pair, Jacks and Nines)
UTG wins $6.57
(Rake: $0.46)

great call there with Ace-high, ffs!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, PC, i dont mind him calling there, its just always FT policy to help those A-highers hit what they need.......................

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 567573
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter
BTN: $4.74
SB: $9.94
BB: $5.80
UTG: $6.01
UTG+1: $0.73
UTG+2: $1.59
Hero (MP1): $3.48
MP2: $9.61
CO: $1.47
Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP1 with J J
UTG raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, UTG calls $0.25
Flop: ($0.87) 8 9 9 (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.45, UTG raises to $1.66, Hero raises to $3.08 all in, UTG calls $1.42
Turn: ($7.03) A (2 players - 1 is all in)
River: ($7.03) 2 (2 players - 1 is all in)
Final Pot: $7.03
UTG shows K A (two pair, Aces and Nines)
Hero shows J J (two pair, Jacks and Nines)
UTG wins $6.57
(Rake: $0.46)

great call there with Ace-high, ffs!

Villain is never folding there due to your stack size. Which is what you wanted there, just sucks that he hit one of his 6 outs.

TrentsMomm

TrentsMomm

Hidin' Out
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick question? No, I didn't read the whole thread so it may be here somewhere.

Is there anyway you can stay at the table after you fold to see the outcome of the hand?

I was just in a hand I would of loved to seen what happened. I'm not so sure I should have folded but 2 others were in the hand raising each other so just got out of it.

S

soonerdawg

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can look at the last hand by clicking on it at the top of the screen. if the pot went to showdown, you'll be able to see what cards they were holding. i folded 9s earlier to a raise and all in rereaise, looked it up a couple minutes later and it was pretty much what i thought: A/A vs K/K

TrentsMomm

TrentsMomm

Hidin' Out
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can look at the last hand by clicking on it at the top of the screen. if the pot went to showdown, you'll be able to see what cards they were holding. i folded 9s earlier to a raise and all in rereaise, looked it up a couple minutes later and it was pretty much what i thought: A/A vs K/K

Duh, I knew that! :eek: I guess I just got caught up in the "rush" of everything and didn't think about it. LOL :eek:

TY for answering my dumb question!!!! :D

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick question? No, I didn't read the whole thread so it may be here somewhere.

Is there anyway you can stay at the table after you fold to see the outcome of the hand?

I was just in a hand I would of loved to seen what happened. I'm not so sure I should have folded but 2 others were in the hand raising each other so just got out of it.
tm, click on sit out next hand, that keeps you at that table........