Rush Poker!

N

Nukking Futs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the new rush poker. you can play only the best hands and steal in late position, you can also earn a decent amount of FTP for earning bonouses.

P

Pokerdude420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RP

Ive learned to hate rush poker

V

venturer49

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing quite a bit over the last week. So far I've x6ed my original buy-in. I like it a lot.

Because of the speed with which you move on to another hand, there's far less temptation to play questionable hands out of boredom or frustration.
Yes, you are playing the cards more than the players, but if you play long enough, even they come round again and again!
One major upside for those who are worried about these things is that collusion is pretty much impossible.

I am playing much stronger hands on Rush Poker than I used to on regular poker - I'm never (well, hardly ever, you've got to have some randomness!) tempted to play weak aces any more - there's going to be a better hand along any minute, so why bother to play one that could be difficult.

Once you're playing a hand, bluffing is probably a stronger strategy than in regular play, as people can't figure you out so easily. There's quite a lot of pot-stealing with large re-raises going on because of this, so it helps if you are playing mostly really strong hands as well.

It's certainly paying off much better than regular on-line for me so far & I'm going to keep playing.

C

caen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played for the first time today and i like it but time will show it is good or not

N

Nicu00K

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played rush poker on ft and i pretty much don't like it, Its like playing with luck without any strategy on the opponents because...it changes you to another table as soon as you fold,therefore you should hope for some good cards,otherwise you'll keep paying the blinds:))

NBA2K10ROCKETS

NBA2K10ROCKETS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah playing tighter will definitely have its advantages, haven't tried it yet but might be an interesting change.

i have to say that rush poker is very addicting and there are alot of fishes in there. Just play right lie sta123 said and you'll be fine. A lot of money can be made playing rush poker and this game is perfect for those poker players with no patience like me.

LRPharm54

LRPharm54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rush Poker

I am being encouraged to join in with the fun, and I suppose I will embark upon the Rush thing soon. I will let you know what I think after I have the experience. Good luck to everyone. It should be interesting.:)

LR

Lafayette2

Lafayette2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I like Rush. I did very well at 2c/5c. I gained around 70 ftps in 440 hands. Almost cleared first level of my bonus. Got happy and decided to go to next level. Got owned. Was in for 2 hands lost $10 when my pocket Kings ran into trip 9s and then my 2 pair ran into trip 2s. They let me bet then on the river bet $2. Like a fool i thought i had the best hand.

xXSmuggla

xXSmuggla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played it when they had a promotion on Rush Poker, it was earn 10 FTP in rush poker and they gave ya $5, I lasted long enough to get the 10 FTP (Didnt take too long) But I will never play it again because people battle over blinds and after flop, there in NO bluffing really at all, people are really tight and its pretty much a coin flip (after you have to go all in) bc ppl push to get blinds with A with a 7 or higher pretty much. Overall I think FT is going to get rid of it bc its all luck, no skill. I agree that poker is a game of studying your opponents, and you cant do that when they change every hand. Should call it n00b poker

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Overall I think FT is going to get rid of it bc its all luck, no skill. I agree that poker is a game of studying your opponents, and you cant do that when they change every hand. Should call it n00b poker

I think you have a little case of "I don't understand it - therefore it is stupid" syndrome.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have a little case of "I don't understand it - therefore it is stupid" syndrome.

+1, FTP will never get rid of rush imo... its like super rake for them... more hands played = greater rake.

P

playerk7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think if you play really good hands really aggresive you wil get paid off, its when you start trying to bluff and make moves that you get into porblems, because you cnt read anyone

M

MaxiRodriguez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I've been playing rush since Tuesday but I have one big leak in particular.

C-betting, is the main one IMO. I C-bet too often, I think, but what's worse is that I keep giving up when I get a call from a random. And this happens very often at rush, I think I need to pick my spots better. Thus my money one without showdown line is the dreaded downward slope.

Here's some stats from PT3, if someone could give them a quick glance and tell me what they think it would be most appreciated.
http://yfrog.com/4rdetailsnpx

angiedubs

angiedubs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a key to rush is pot-sizing. I like the rushpoker concept.

P

Pafkata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a key to rush is pot-sizing. I like the rushpoker concept.

I think the key is to give credit more often for a big hand, because catching bluffs in Rush poker is definitely not profitable. Rush players don't bluff in big pots... I have paid more than $50 so far on 5NL when I just wanted to check if they are bluffing me.. I caught only 1 bluff and it was a semi-bluff -> nut flush draw...

F

franky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my personal experience, rush poker is not worth it, at least at 5NL which is the stakes I play.

In 1 hour and 30 mins. I lost half my bankroll there with 4 hands, those 4 hands were KK, and just once against AA. And by today I lost a bit more with AA.
The KK hands were:
KK vs 44 - the guy calls my reraise after some limpers, board with overcards, I bet flop, turn and river, he calls 2 streets and min-raises the river, I call, just to see he rivered a 4.
KK vs AA - no words needed, AA takes the best as it's supposed to.
KK vs 99 - all-in preflop, flop - T67, and the turn, the magic 8.
KK vs JTs - flop - J rag rag with one spade, with no straight possible, the guy moves all-in, I call, just to see a T hit the turn.

Today I had AA, moved all-in after an UTG raise, the SB calls half his stack with TT.
AA vs TT - flop - 2 spades, turn - spade, river - spade ... he had the T of spades.

So, besides me running bad, there are too many donk players, who make stupid donk plays and get rewarded by it.

So I tested it with 2 hands:
1st hand:
- I'm on the BB with TT, I call a raise.
Flop - 3 spades with an A.
villain bets and I call.
Turn - Qd
villain bets and I call.
River - 4th spade.
villain checks, I bet, he folds.
I had the T of spades.
(so, if he had AA or AQ, he was dead to my donkish)

2nd hand:
I'm on the CO with K8s (hearts) and limp, the button and blinds come along.
Flop - low cards with one heart.
(at this point I decided to call any bet just to see the river)
goes check all around and we see the turn.
Turn - one heart
goes check around again.
River - another heart for my flush.
BB bets, I raise, the rest fold, and the BB calls.

He had two pair on the flop, but decided never to bet, if he had bet, and since I donk-decided to call any bet, even pot-bet, I would have gained a very nice pot due to my donk decisions.

So, I played like a donk and won... I played KK and AA and lost half my bankroll.

What I conclude is, there are too many donks playing the rush poker, which should be something good, since that's what you want when playing FR or SH and if they do donk plays, you don't mind, because sooner or later you'll get your money back from that player at that table, but the problem here is that you might not be in a pot with that person for a long time, and the major problem is that these donk plays are constantly being rewarded, which kinda sucks.

As a side note, I checked the hands on a program to see which hands I've won more money and lost more money with, and guess what, the AA is the big winner, and the big looser is KK.

So, if you're trying to grind a small bankroll like me, rush poker is definitely not the way to go, unless you're running good obviously.

Those were my 2 cents for the rush thingie.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Move up to $25NL and you get donks making these plays

$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Poker Tools by Stoxpoker

UTG+2: $5.39 (21.6 bb)
MP1: $27.68 (110.7 bb)
Hero (MP2): $25 (100 bb)
MP3: $5.14 (20.6 bb)
CO: $10 (40 bb)
BTN: $9.75 (39 bb)
SB: $10.02 (40.1 bb)
BB: $36.90 (147.6 bb)
UTG+1: $11.72 (46.9 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP2 with A
diamond.gif
K
spade.gif

3 folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, BTN calls $1, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.10) 9
spade.gif
K
diamond.gif
K
club.gif
(3 players)
BB bets $3.10, Hero raises to $24 and is all-in, BTN folds, BB calls $20.90

Turn: ($51.10) Q
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: ($51.10) 4
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $51.10 pot ($2.55 rake)
Final Board: 9
spade.gif
K
diamond.gif
K
club.gif
Q
diamond.gif
heart.gif

Hero showed A
diamond.gif
K
spade.gif
(three of a kind, Kings) and won $48.55 ($23.55 net)
BB showed 9
club.gif
spade.gif
(two pairs, Kings and Nines) and lost (-$25 net)

J

JEP712

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rush poker is too much for me. Players throw away garbage hands yes, but they also overplay good hands such as pocket pairs and AJ+. I've had a bunch of suckouts happened against me and I just can't take it anymore. I'm done with Rush for now until I know how to approach the game better.

F

franky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Move up to $25NL and you get donks making these plays ...

Yes Jillychemung, but that kind of donkishness I don't mind, simply because you're on the Hero side, and the hand ran as it was supposed to, you win with the 3 Kings and get a nice pot thanks to a donk.

But what I was mentioning more on my post, was that the donks are getting rewarded constantly (which was not the case in your play). If you see the KK hands I posted, it's almost as saying I lost with AA four times and KK one time, since all the KK hands were against lower cards except one.

My problem is with them getting rewarded for very poor play, and as you can see in my "test of 2 hands", I played like a donk and won! I got rewarded for my donkishness.:elefant:

I mean, who can expect to lose 4 out of 5 with AA? :icon_scra

F

franky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone who plays poker can expect that with absolute certainty.

First of all, there's no absolute certainty in poker when talking about hole cards. There are percentages of winning tho.

According to Pokerstove, AA vs "any random hand" is a 85.204% favorite of winning, while "any random hand" will only win 14.796% of the time.

4 out of 5 = 80%

So, with AA, I was supposed to win 85% of the time, but instead I lost 80% of the time.
Which means "any random hand" won 80% of the time, and I won with pocket Aces 20% of the time.

Can you see the difference there?

Last edited:
O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my personal experience, rush poker is not worth it, at least at 5NL which is the stakes I play.

In 1 hour and 30 mins. I lost half my bankroll there with 4 hands, those 4 hands were KK, and just once against AA. And by today I lost a bit more with AA.
The KK hands were:
KK vs 44 - the guy calls my reraise after some limpers, board with overcards, I bet flop, turn and river, he calls 2 streets and min-raises the river, I call, just to see he rivered a 4.
KK vs AA - no words needed, AA takes the best as it's supposed to.
KK vs 99 - all-in preflop, flop - T67, and the turn, the magic 8.
KK vs JTs - flop - J rag rag with one spade, with no straight possible, the guy moves all-in, I call, just to see a T hit the turn.

Today I had AA, moved all-in after an UTG raise, the SB calls half his stack with TT.
AA vs TT - flop - 2 spades, turn - spade, river - spade ... he had the T of spades.

So, besides me running bad, there are too many donk players, who make stupid donk plays and get rewarded by it.

So I tested it with 2 hands:
1st hand:
- I'm on the BB with TT, I call a raise.
Flop - 3 spades with an A.
villain bets and I call.
Turn - Qd
villain bets and I call.
River - 4th spade.
villain checks, I bet, he folds.
I had the T of spades.
(so, if he had AA or AQ, he was dead to my donkish)

2nd hand:
I'm on the CO with K8s (hearts) and limp, the button and blinds come along.
Flop - low cards with one heart.
(at this point I decided to call any bet just to see the river)
goes check all around and we see the turn.
Turn - one heart
goes check around again.
River - another heart for my flush.
BB bets, I raise, the rest fold, and the BB calls.

He had two pair on the flop, but decided never to bet, if he had bet, and since I donk-decided to call any bet, even pot-bet, I would have gained a very nice pot due to my donk decisions.

So, I played like a donk and won... I played KK and AA and lost half my bankroll.

What I conclude is, there are too many donks playing the rush poker, which should be something good, since that's what you want when playing FR or SH and if they do donk plays, you don't mind, because sooner or later you'll get your money back from that player at that table, but the problem here is that you might not be in a pot with that person for a long time, and the major problem is that these donk plays are constantly being rewarded, which kinda sucks.

As a side note, I checked the hands on a program to see which hands I've won more money and lost more money with, and guess what, the AA is the big winner, and the big looser is KK.

So, if you're trying to grind a small bankroll like me, rush poker is definitely not the way to go, unless you're running good obviously.

Those were my 2 cents for the rush thingie.

Is this a level?? I really hope it is lol, let me get this straight, you hate rush because there's too many bad players getting their money in bad???

The variance in rush seems more extreme because your getting more hands in obv, losing all those hands over what?? 2000 hands?? is super standard, and if your losing half your bankroll in 4 hands then you have bigger problems than your mental attitude to the game, do a search for BRM lol

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, there's no absolute certainty in poker when talking about hole cards. There are percentages of winning tho.

According to Pokerstove, AA vs "any random hand" is a 85.204% favorite of winning, while "any random hand" will only win 14.796% of the time.

4 out of 5 = 80%

So, with AA, I was supposed to win 85% of the time, but instead I lost 80% of the time.
Which means "any random hand" won 80% of the time, and I won with pocket Aces 20% of the time.

Can you see the difference there?

and your sample size is...?

F

franky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a level?? I really hope it is lol, let me get this straight, you hate rush because there's too many bad players getting their money in bad???

No. Bad players getting their money in bad is a good thing for all of us :)
What I don't like about rush poker is that, those players are always sucking out and winning. That's it, nothing else.

The variance in rush seems more extreme because your getting more hands in obv, losing all those hands over what?? 2000 hands?? is super standard, and if your losing half your bankroll in 4 hands then you have bigger problems than your mental attitude to the game, do a search for BRM lol

About BRM, that's not the issue, since I was basicly testing the waters to see if building a bankroll was easier/faster in rush than in normal play.
And as you can see, I tested with a couple hands that were not good, and I sucked out to win the pot. So my bad play was rewarded.
One thing I didn't understand in this quote, is why you question my mental attitude.

In the final lines of my post, I wrote "So, if you're trying to grind a small bankroll like me, rush poker is definitely not the way to go, unless you're running good obviously."
This was just my opinion due to the suckouts and due to ppl who wish to build a bankroll and at the same time learn to play, than rush is not the best way (in my opinion), you learn a lot more by playing normal cash games, where you actually have reads on opponents. And in my opinion, it's better and more steadier to build a bankroll on normal games, be it cash or sng. I believe there's more variance at rush than in those two.

Again, this is just my opinion, anyone is entitled to do what they want with their money and the best way to build their bankroll.
Some may choose SNG's and think it's the best way, some might say MTT's, and some might say Cash games is the best way to build a bankroll. But in the end, it's all about the individual and his/her decision.

For example, durrrr started with 50$ playing 5$ SNG .... there's something I wouldn't do, because it's an aggressive BRM, but, what do I know, durrrr is playing high stakes, and I'm testing a bankroll on micros ;)

F

franky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and your sample size is...?

Hmmm, actually I don't know how to answer your question, simply because I don't understand what's your goal with that question and I don't think it will add anything important to the matter, since we all know, that through, let's say 100k or 200k hands, AA and KK will always be big winners, and I can't relate the 85% Pokerstove to a sample of 5 hands.

That post I wrote the percentages, was just because I truly think that the previous poster read it wrong. He wrote
cAPSLOCK said:
Everyone who plays poker can expect that with absolute certainty.
And what I believe everyone can expect is that AA as a chance of 80-85% of winning, and not the opposite as he's stating (unless he read my post wrong).

As I stated on my first post:
"As a side note, I checked the hands on a program to see which hands I've won more money and lost more money with, and guess what, the AA is the big winner, and the big looser is KK."

So, AA is obviously a big winner with many hands played, and also is KK, I'm sure of it. I guess I was unlucky that the hands I lost with pocket Kings, were hands where the pots were bigger.

Hope I could help :)