Possible Collusion at Carbon

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My point? This is the flip side of the coin - this guy got his ass handed to him by moi. He is not going to forget that and I can be sure he will be looking for me in the future. The next time we are seated together I need to be aware of that fact. He will do one of three things -
1) play his same game as if not affected by my ending his table domination (not likely)
2) escalate his aggression against me and try to bully me more (very likely)
3) back off, give me respect and play smarter (not as likely as #2)

Probably more important than having your own get even list is discerning whose list you ended up on and remembering that.

Excellent point. Also nice that you've determined a weighted range of his likely adjustments so that you can try to stay one step ahead of him.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent point. Also nice that you've determined a weighted range of his likely adjustments so that you can try to stay one step ahead of him.
Indeed. But, the question I have is does he realize that MediaBLITZ used position and that what MediaBLITZ may have done out of position may not have followed the same script.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed. But, the question I have is does he realize that MediaBLITZ used position and that what MediaBLITZ may have done out of position may not have followed the same script.

Position? What's position? But seriously folks... yeah not quite sure how it would have played out if our seats were reversed. I would have had to go after him though.

seqas

seqas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is far too much incentive to collude in Double or Nothing sngs and people know it. There is no doubt that it does happen.

PokerStars had so many issues with people colluding in DONs that they changed the format. From an even 20%/20%/20%/20%/20% payout structure to the current one where when the 6th player is eliminated you get paid back your entry fee plus an amount based on your remaining chipstack.

that sucks its like that, people got greedy O__o

that format, is that somehow better than the original dons?

and is there a news in this case??

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that format, is that somehow better than the original dons?

Collusion-wise it's much better since the incentive is much lower.

Ideally you would want to have payouts strictly proportional to chip count and ICM would not play and the incentive to collude would be null. But obviously you can already get that by playing cash games instead of SNGs...

seqas

seqas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collusion-wise it's much better since the incentive is much lower.

Ideally you would want to have payouts strictly proportional to chip count and ICM would not play and the incentive to collude would be null. But obviously you can already get that by playing cash games instead of SNGs...

ah alright, thats only good then if less of that. sng's is more fun than cash games tho imo :) thanks for answering : )

Bonghead

Bonghead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I dont want to tell anyone either, there is a poker room online that i think is scamming people and the stole these peoples money ( taken off till ? come on ) and other stuff i dont have enough proof of.. ( because its not happening. ) but EVERYONE PLEASE BEWARE OF WHAT IS GOING ON HERE AT THIS UNAMED poker site THAT I CANT SAY but want to warn everyone about. pfffft. If you dont have proof then you prolly are a paranoid fish.. just my opinion.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely forgot about this thread. Since Kmixer never came back to update us on Carbon's final response I'm assuming that either they never responded at all or, more likely, responded to him that they checked into the situation and found nothing wrong with the villain's play, no "collusion", improper play, etc etc.

Was always kind-of surprised that someone who supposedly plays a lot of Don's would even bother making a post such as this.

kltpzyxMrM

kltpzyxMrM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started reading OP first few comments, I felt empathy. I've see what I think is collusion a few times over the years and reported my suspicions. I also think this sort of activity goes under reported/ investigated.

Once you came clean about the "time down" aspect of your play it changes everything. Obviously, you made yourself a target by this poor behavior. To make it worse then you tried to make someone else look bad by saying they were cheating, especially knowing the real reason for it. While it is suboptimal to do this, it's not cheating to go after someone. I bet you were not up front in your email to Carbon about the fact you were timing down.

It is against the TOC of some sites to abuse the clock, if anything he should have reported you. Nothing annoys me more than players who needlessly, consistently time down their actions and have no consideration for the others at the table. I would do (& have done) the same thing to players that he did to you.

If you can't multi-table and manage the clocks on each table, you should play less tables. This sort of time down behavior can decrease the enjoyment of all players, and probably has a negative long term impact on the number of recreational fish playing which also impacts us all.

Last edited:
B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started reading OP first few comments, I felt empathy. I've see what I think is collusion a few times over the years and reported my suspicions. I also think this sort of activity goes under reported/ investigated.

Once you came clean about the "time down" aspect of your play it changes everything. Obviously, you made yourself a target by this poor behavior. To make it worse then you tried to make someone else look bad by saying they were cheating, especially knowing the real reason for it. While it is suboptimal to do this, it's not cheating to go after someone. I bet you were not up front in your email to Carbon about the fact you were timing down.

It is against the TOC of some sites to abuse the clock, if anything he should have reported you. Nothing annoys me more than players who needlessly, consistently time down their actions and have no consideration for the others at the table. I would do (& have done) the same thing to players that he did to you.

If you can't multi-table and manage the clocks on each table, you should play less tables. This sort of time down behavior can decrease the enjoyment of all players, and probably has a negative long term impact on the number of recreational fish playing which also impacts us all.

^^ +1, absolutely