Late registration

haha excellent

PokerStars VIP

PokerStars VIP

PokerStars Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, below is an announcement about recent changes to the game speed. I'll be happy to discuss any of these changes in this thread and pass along any input.

After listening to player feedback, we have enacted changes in the pokerstars software to speed up dealing in certain situations. A few other related changes have been made as well, though in most cases the time a player has to act on their hand has not been affected. Read below for more details.

Non-Satellite Sit & Go Tournaments

Hyper Turbo Sit & Go Tournaments are most affected by the changes. Players in these tournaments will have 12 seconds to act on their hand instead of 16. Several other dealing speed improvements including time taken between hands and speed of dealing cards once players are all-in have also been made.

All other Sit & Go tournaments have had dealing speed reduced, but not quite as much. Cards dealt after all action is complete due to players being all-in are now dealt twice as fast. The time between all hands being shown or mucked and the next hand being dealt has also been reduced by one second per hand.

Players in regular speed Sit & Go’s will now have 16 seconds to act on their hand, reduced from 18 seconds.

The time taken to start dealing after all players have registered and been seated has been reduced for many popular Sit & Go tournaments. Many Heads-up and Hyper speed tournaments now start after only a 10 second delay. Other popular tournaments start after 20 seconds.

Scheduled Tournaments, Satellites, and Step Tournaments

Dealing speed has been increased in these tournaments similar to the changes made in Sit & Go’s. Cards dealt after all action is complete due to players being all-in are now dealt twice as fast. The time between all hands being shown or mucked and the next hand being dealt has also been reduced by one second per hand.

Players in some tournaments will experience slightly different amounts of time to act on their hand. This is as a result of standardizing this setting across all tournaments.

Hyper-turbo satellites have been sped up drastically. These satellites will run at the same speed as hyper-turbo cash S&Gs.

These changes will not take place for all future tournaments, but will instead filter their way into the tournament schedule over the next few weeks.

Ring Games

As with all tournaments, cards dealt after all action is complete due to players being all-in are now dealt twice as fast. The time between all hands being shown or mucked and the next hand being dealt has also been reduced by one second per hand.

The delay prior to dealing the first hand of a session at a table has been reduced from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

The changes to ring games will not have a significant impact on the number of hands played per hour at this point in time. PokerStars is considering further changes that may include changes to the amount of time players have to act on their hand.

Comments about playing experience at ring game tables are appreciated. In particular, if there is anything about the ring game experience other than players’ time to act that seems too slow or too fast we’d love to know.

Request for Comments

While PokerStars never stops considering player feedback, in this case we are particularly interested in response to these changes. Additional tweaks are possible if desired by players as a whole. Thanks in advance for any constructive suggestions.

Thanks to all players who have already provided input that helped us make this round of changes. Special thanks to all of those who helped test these settings on PokerStars.test and provided helpful input.

Dylan C

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just discovered this thread.

Thanks for this Dylan!!

CistaCista

CistaCista

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Poker School League!?

I am very excited about the new format of the poker school (premier) legue.
However, you guys just changed the text on the info page and now it is confusing for this transfer month of july.

Atm I am qualifying for the new premier league, but I am also battling for prizes in this month's open league.
I believe 20 VPP and top-1500 is what is needed to enter the premier league of August, but the 20 VPP rule is now nowhere to be seen?

I believe the VPP earned in JUNE is what decides the prizes I can win in July, but this info is now also not found on the page? This would mean that it is of no imprtance whether I earn 150 VPP in July or just 20 VPP.

Please help me out on these questions.

CistaCista

CistaCista

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still pondering about VPPs. Elsewhere on the pokerschool league pages I found this:

"Once you earn the required amount of VPP for a certain level and our data is updated (up to 48 hours), you will unlock the content in that level for the remainder of the current month and the following month."

So, if I read this correctly, then if I make 150 VPP in JULY, I should be eligible for top prizes in both JULY and AUGUST.
Is that correct?

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, below is an announcement about recent changes to the game speed. I'll be happy to discuss any of these changes in this thread and pass along any input.

After listening to player feedback, we have enacted changes in the PokerStars software to speed up dealing in certain situations. A few other related changes have been made as well, though in most cases the time a player has to act on their hand has not been affected. Read below for more details.

Non-Satellite Sit & Go Tournaments

Hyper Turbo Sit & Go Tournaments are most affected by the changes. Players in these tournaments will have 12 seconds to act on their hand instead of 16. Several other dealing speed improvements including time taken between hands and speed of dealing cards once players are all-in have also been made.

All other Sit & Go tournaments have had dealing speed reduced, but not quite as much. Cards dealt after all action is complete due to players being all-in are now dealt twice as fast. The time between all hands being shown or mucked and the next hand being dealt has also been reduced by one second per hand.

Players in regular speed Sit & Go’s will now have 16 seconds to act on their hand, reduced from 18 seconds.

The time taken to start dealing after all players have registered and been seated has been reduced for many popular Sit & Go tournaments. Many Heads-up and Hyper speed tournaments now start after only a 10 second delay. Other popular tournaments start after 20 seconds.

Scheduled Tournaments, Satellites, and Step Tournaments

Dealing speed has been increased in these tournaments similar to the changes made in Sit & Go’s. Cards dealt after all action is complete due to players being all-in are now dealt twice as fast. The time between all hands being shown or mucked and the next hand being dealt has also been reduced by one second per hand.

Players in some tournaments will experience slightly different amounts of time to act on their hand. This is as a result of standardizing this setting across all tournaments.

Hyper-turbo satellites have been sped up drastically. These satellites will run at the same speed as hyper-turbo cash S&Gs.

These changes will not take place for all future tournaments, but will instead filter their way into the tournament schedule over the next few weeks.

Ring Games

As with all tournaments, cards dealt after all action is complete due to players being all-in are now dealt twice as fast. The time between all hands being shown or mucked and the next hand being dealt has also been reduced by one second per hand.

The delay prior to dealing the first hand of a session at a table has been reduced from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

The changes to ring games will not have a significant impact on the number of hands played per hour at this point in time. PokerStars is considering further changes that may include changes to the amount of time players have to act on their hand.

Comments about playing experience at ring game tables are appreciated. In particular, if there is anything about the ring game experience other than players’ time to act that seems too slow or too fast we’d love to know.

Request for Comments

While PokerStars never stops considering player feedback, in this case we are particularly interested in response to these changes. Additional tweaks are possible if desired by players as a whole. Thanks in advance for any constructive suggestions.

Thanks to all players who have already provided input that helped us make this round of changes. Special thanks to all of those who helped test these settings on PokerStars.test and provided helpful input.

Dylan C
Hey Dylan, I love all of the changes made to the ring games, they sound way better than the old ways. And being an old SNG reg, I like the fact that as soon as all players have registered you start sooner, these changes are very positive.

One question, do PokerStars have any plans to offer a system like FTP's Iron Man for people who can't make supernova or supernova elite, but can still be rewarded, like I have been silverstar for about 5/7 months this year, but if we can achieve silverstar for 6 months in a row, you could offer double FPP's instead of 1.5x for the next month, or half-price on all store items for a day? I know there are already the silverstar+ special freerolls and some silverstar+ only items in the store, but just a thought.

PokerStars VIP

PokerStars VIP

PokerStars Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Poker School League!?

I am very excited about the new format of the poker school (premier) legue.
However, you guys just changed the text on the info page and now it is confusing for this transfer month of july.

Atm I am qualifying for the new premier league, but I am also battling for prizes in this month's open league.
I believe 20 VPP and top-1500 is what is needed to enter the premier league of August, but the 20 VPP rule is now nowhere to be seen?

I believe the VPP earned in JUNE is what decides the prizes I can win in July, but this info is now also not found on the page? This would mean that it is of no imprtance whether I earn 150 VPP in July or just 20 VPP.

Please help me out on these questions.

Entry into the August Premier League goes to the top 1500 on July's leaderboard who have earned 20 VPP+.

Still pondering about VPPs. Elsewhere on the pokerschool league pages I found this:

"Once you earn the required amount of VPP for a certain level and our data is updated (up to 48 hours), you will unlock the content in that level for the remainder of the current month and the following month."

So, if I read this correctly, then if I make 150 VPP in JULY, I should be eligible for top prizes in both JULY and AUGUST.
Is that correct?

That's correct.

Let me know if you still have questions.

PokerStars VIP

PokerStars VIP

PokerStars Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

I was hoping you guys could help me with some suggestions or feedback on the Billionth hand promotions. We're trying to make them more effective and easier to understand for all players.

During the promotion, would something like adding a VPPs counter to each table to let you know how many VPPs you've accrued on each table help?

Also under consideration is slowing down the dealing during an actual Milestone hand.

Thoughts on this? Love it, hate it, indifference? I'm open to hearing any other suggestions as well.

Cheers,

Dylan C

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never been on when one was dealt, but I think slowing down the deal for any of the winning tables would be fun, make it more dramatic.

On another line, has it ever been considered to make it optional to see all bets and stack sizes in terms of blind sizes rather than dollars or tournament dollars? It could even go fractional, but if I could have that then I'd be less confused the few times that I multitable different buyin cash tables, and I'd really like it for tournaments.

The danger would be accidentally sitting down at a $5/$10 table instead of a $10 table and not noticing ...

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a fan of the above idea sorry NineLions - HUDs will tell you the same info but it seems like a good way to make things easier for fish which seems foolish :(

As for Billionth Hand, I really enjoy the promo even though I don't play cash, it seems like a really fun thing. Maybe a special background for the table for that one hand could be cool?

W

Wonderer84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a quick question concerning Pokerschool Premier League as well.

I'm qualified for this month's Premier league. On July i had 20 VPP done. If i'd place really high in the premier league this season is it possible for me to get the top prizes that require 150VPP if i get 150VPP on August? Or can i only get 20VPP rewards because i had that 20VPP during the previous month (July)?

What makes me confused is that during July i had grinded over 20VPP, placed inside top-500, yet my reward was still only 1.00$. I've tried to e-mail about it, but all they send are some automated messages that i got a Premier league ticket, they've sent that to me 3 times for some reason. I was supposed to get 2.50, yes it's very little and i'm not sure who is responsible but right now i feel like i was scammed. So it makes me think the reason can only be that i didn't get 20VPP during June.

Last edited:
ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta say Pokerstars, this VIP promo is the best you've ever done and with the sale in the store. Thanks very much for my platinumstar :D

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A special background ^ would be a cool idea i think too!

PokerStars VIP

PokerStars VIP

PokerStars Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a quick question concerning Pokerschool Premier League as well.

I'm qualified for this month's Premier league. On July i had 20 VPP done. If i'd place really high in the premier league this season is it possible for me to get the top prizes that require 150VPP if i get 150VPP on August? Or can i only get 20VPP rewards because i had that 20VPP during the previous month (July)?

What makes me confused is that during July i had grinded over 20VPP, placed inside top-500, yet my reward was still only 1.00$. I've tried to e-mail about it, but all they send are some automated messages that i got a Premier league ticket, they've sent that to me 3 times for some reason. I was supposed to get 2.50, yes it's very little and i'm not sure who is responsible but right now i feel like i was scammed. So it makes me think the reason can only be that i didn't get 20VPP during June.

Without more specific info regarding your case, I can't comment specifically on your situation. But from what I can gather, it looks like you won a Prize in the Open Skill League and not the Premier Skill League? If you earned a ticket for the Premier Skill League then the following month you can participate in the more advanced league.

The web page explains the rules in detail: PokerStars Skill League.

I can try to help if you have more questions, but generally the Support team should be able to get you answers faster than I could in regards to this topic.

Good luck!

Dylan C

PokerStars VIP

PokerStars VIP

PokerStars Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta say Pokerstars, this VIP promo is the best you've ever done and with the sale in the store. Thanks very much for my platinumstar :D

Thanks, and enjoy the perks of being a PlatinumStar!

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is just my thought on the most recent changes at Pokerstars, mainly the way the turn and flop comes out when 2 players all in, I kinda miss the slower pace, it would be nice to have it so the quicker pace of play could be found at the turbos, and the regular pace it was before would apply to the regular sit-n-gos,

I don't know about anyone else, but when I sit down to play a poker tournament I don't want to feel rushed, the goal, at least for me, is to just enjoy the game relax and have some fun.

CistaCista

CistaCista

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the way the turn and flop comes out when 2 players all in, I kinda miss the slower pace
What I detest is the option for players not to show their cards when allin. I wonder why that was ever applied, it is horrible to be allin and watch the turn card and river card being turned, and not know what you are up against..

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late stages of a mtt or sng to you really enjoy waiting for all the cards to come in when there is a shove an call like ever hand.Then you have to wait when it means nothing to you?

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late stages of a mtt or sng to you really enjoy waiting for all the cards to come in when there is a shove an call like ever hand.Then you have to wait when it means nothing to you?

just do what everybody else does and sit out

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sit out, what?

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I detest is the option for players not to show their cards when allin. I wonder why that was ever applied, it is horrible to be allin and watch the turn card and river card being turned, and not know what you are up against..
Agreed, I hate this

P

PokerJoeAAAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did we lose all of the features like player search, cashier, seeing held cards ,hand history? I hope all US players remember how they were treated during the ban. I for one will never deposit again with poker stars. I cant even keep my game tuned playing for play chips.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've had an account on PokerStars for close to 4yrs. now & tbh never really played much on the site (maybe ~400sng's & 100mtt when I first started out on there), mostly just priv. games & the occassional MTT.
With FTP shutting down, I'm now starting to play more on Stars & have been motivated to play even more with Star's VIP promo goin' on this month. Who knows... I might even start to get used to it (maybe even play SNG's... although I really dislike 'antes' in SNG's). The VIP promo has definitely influenced where I'm choosing to play these days... great promo!! thanks!!!

Dislikes > hate it when taking player notes & then the notes get moved onto one of your table's chatboxes :( This is a big drag for me & really slows me up.

Welcome to CC & thanks for joining us here!! :)

silverfox432

silverfox432

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are all FPP satellite Tourney's either hyper turbo's or turbo's? I like to use my FPP's to try an sat in T's that are out of my usual BR however it doesn't seem to make sense the the target T is a deep stack normal speed game but the only way I can qualify using FPP's is playing a Hyper, turbo or rebuy sat

Take the the Big $109 as an example a 3000 starting chip with 10 min blinds, however every sat to get in this game is either a turbo, hyper turbo or a rebuy.

I love playing 3000 chip 10 or 15 min levels however the skills involved running deep in this type of T are different from playing shove fold hypers or shove fold 3 x turbo rebuys

Interested to hear if anyone else feels the same

Last edited:
C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are all FPP satellite Tourney's either hyper turbo's or turbo's? I like to use my FPP's to try an sat in T's that are out of my usual BR however it doesn't seem to make sense the the target T is a deep stack normal speed game but the only way I can qualify using FPP's is playing a Hyper, turbo or rebuy sat

Take the the Big $109 as an example a 3000 starting chip with 10 min blinds, however every sat to get in this game is either a turbo, hyper turbo or a rebuy.

I love playing 3000 chip 10 or 15 min levels however the skills involved running deep in this type of T are different from playing shove fold hypers or shove fold 3 x turbo rebuys

Interested to hear if anyone else feels the same

yep feel the same.
and its not just fpp sats, buyins are the same,
so I don't bother with them.

(think its also bad for the big tourneys too because it gets more hyper donkeys in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PokerStars Reviews: Français, Nederlands, Deutsch, Dansk, Italiano, Español, Polski, Norsk, Português, Svenska - PokerStars Mobile - Deutsch Mobile - PS Casino