Poker Beta Testers Wanted

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That`s interesting. I haven`t seen that yet.

One thing that struck me about this site is that, even though a lot of the players are from countries where English isn`t the first language, they seem very well-behaved when it comes to observing the English-only rule.

Different from other sites with a lot of non Anglo-Americans - Titan for example. Jabbering foreigners (possibly colluding ?) are a regular concern there.
Ive trashtalked for the last 5 sng, and Ive had 3 replies out of 45 players(not including me) after saying nh when they've played a good hand.
as for the non-english, its rife there. i play on a couple of european sites, and if anyone talks in a different language they get a friendly warning from a mod. one guy actually said i hope a finnish guys wins this when he went out of a mtt, as another finnish guy translated when i asked politely. no lie.
funny thing is, i was being a complete w*nker in this sngs, utter bast*rd, intentionally, running bluffs then laughing when it came down to showdown, saying, 'Im so rich, I dont care!', but a few hands later when I caught a premium hand and raised it big, I had so many callers it was unbelievable. there's something in that, I must get drunk on jack daniels again!
I lost 9 euros last night, but the experience was priceless, and Ive still got 40 from the original 20, so its ok.

Xife

Xife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That`s interesting. I haven`t seen that yet.

One thing that struck me about this site is that, even though a lot of the players are from countries where English isn`t the first language, they seem very well-behaved when it comes to observing the English-only rule.

Different from other sites with a lot of non Anglo-Americans - Titan for example. Jabbering foreigners (possibly colluding ?) are a regular concern there.

Yeah most people do seem pretty nice about it.. I once said "English only please..." .. I was just being annoying, but they apologized and didnt do it again...

Btw, you should check out the fish in the heads up SNG's... All in's with ace rag preflop....3 outta 5 times my all in preflop with JJ and better get called by horrible hands.. lol

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost 9 euros last night, but the experience was priceless, and Ive still got 40 from the original 20, so its ok.

I`ve had a string of miserable bad beats, the downside of playing with nutters who call when they really shouldn`t. Nearly threw my keyboard up the wall when some idiot hit a miracle river and I bubbled out of a MTT where I was looking set for a tasty win.

Haven`t won a bean the last 2 days and, from being comfortably ahead, I`m back down to 15 of my 20 Euros. :(

Btw, you should check out the fish in the heads up SNG's... All in's with ace rag preflop....3 outta 5 times my all in preflop with JJ and better get called by horrible hands.. lol

Good tip, m8. Haven`t tried the headsup yet.

trescofanno1

trescofanno1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmmm Interesting posts guys,

I started of in the 10 euro 10 player SnGs, played three, won one and second in the other two. Pretty much had the same experiences as the rest of you.

Then I thought I would try the 25.50 six player cash games and ran into loads of muppets and couldnt believe it.

so tried the 50/1.00 six player cash games and finding good mixed in with bad. Better standards generally but some rocks that have to be identified and duly played carefully.

Haven't gone back to the SnG's because the 25/50 cash are tooo good to miss. Had a try in a small MTT and a freeroll, came acrossthe same donks that you have but crashed when AA, KK, AKs and JJ all got cracked by lesser handsbefore the flop and called my all-ins. ( on most of these occasions I was called by more than one player and on another occasion by the whole table! where 23s hit a wheel and took the whole thing down ). I promptly went back to the 25/50 cash games.

BR currently at 217 euros!! hehe

trescofanno1

trescofanno1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oooh yes forgot to say that I havent really experienced any great problems with the site, there are a few things I like and some I dont but that boils down to personal preferences really. Very quiet in the chat boxes and I havent stirred it cos I dont want to rock a very nice boat.

trescofanno1

trescofanno1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now then this is interesting. a 40 euro shorthanded freezeout with a guaranteed 2000 euro prize pool and with 6 minutes to go to the start only 20 players. got to give that a go- talk about value2!!

trescofanno1

trescofanno1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thankyou Egon Towst, although I have just had two nasties in the last five minutes which has done some damage.

Firstly had just sat down in a 25/50 six handed cash game with 25 euros. about six hands in flopped a flush j high, and put a pot size raise in - was put all in which I called, hoping he was on a flush draw. to my surprise there was a third caller ! turn and river came 2 2, no help to the flush draw, not that it mattered he had flopped the nut flush! But we both lost to third caller who had flopped a set of tens and hit the boat on the river. No complaint from me I would do the same again

Secondly in the 40 euro shorthanded freezeout ( 10 entrants in the last 60 seconds gave a total of 44 players - still value due to the 2000 euro guarantee), 10 players went out in the first 17 minutes even though the blinds were 25/50 and we started with 2500 chips. I cant say that I saw too much donk play on my table but I initially couldnt hit a flop so didnt get involved. Then I limped in with 88 and called a x3 raise by the big blind. Flop came 6 8 9 rainbow and fearful of straight draw put in 300. everyone fold except big blind who raised all in. I decided to call as confident I was ahead and putting him on AA KK or other overpair. He had 77 and turn and river came A 5. Never mind again I dont think I would do anything different.

Having a bit of a break before I try to build it up again.

BR 152 euros.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a bummer :mad:

Last evening - sign-up for a €2 tourney which eventually has 200+ players so a nice bit of prize money generated - whilst waiting for it to start i play a SNG and am cruising nice and easy until - i hit AK and raise but what turns out to be AA goes all-in and im out :eek:

So the tourney starts, 3 out in the 1st minute, then - ___________
Powercut !! :eek::mad:
3 blooming hours worth :mad:

Oh poop :p

I was gonna win that tourney too :(

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a bummer :mad:

Last evening - sign-up for a €2 tourney which eventually has 200+ players so a nice bit of prize money generated - whilst waiting for it to start i play a SNG and am cruising nice and easy until - i hit AK and raise but what turns out to be AA goes all-in and im out :eek:

So the tourney starts, 3 out in the 1st minute, then - ___________
Powercut !! :eek::mad:
3 blooming hours worth :mad:

Oh poop :p

I was gonna win that tourney too :(
unlucky mate, but you know every time you go there, thers like 80% fish!
so you cant lose
I came 11th in a fixed limit freeroll mtt, with 200+ players, never played a fixed limit mtt before. paid out to 4 places.
hows your bankroll there ian?

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you still need beta testers or am i to late?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you still need beta testers or am i to late?
nah, went a long time ago, apparently.

I NEED some 'women' at my website............but you're a bit too classy. know any slightly slutty, in a cute way, women?

ok, i'll leave now..........

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too late, but don`t panic. The site will be open to everyone soon. I think November 1st is the target date.
dont tell her, Egon, her and that dakota chick been following me around all day, christ, cant a man get any peace? tell a honey she has nice hair, and she's all over you like a rash.....................

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally played a 2 table SNG - placed 2nd :)
couple of lucky all-ins to double up AQ v QQ hitting an A on flop :p

Sat back and watched everyone going ape-shit at each other and picked up any crumbs left behind.

Makes up for crappy cash day :(

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally played a 2 table SNG - placed 2nd :)
couple of lucky all-ins to double up AQ v QQ hitting an A on flop :p

Sat back and watched everyone going ape-shit at each other and picked up any crumbs left behind.

Makes up for crappy cash day :(
arent they fish????
i played one the other day, got to the 2nd table in 10th, rather than going for me they went for each other. I played TAG, and won it.

fish, and plenty of chips please!

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Managed to actually lose 6 euros last night!! DOH!!!:eek:

Players were extra super duper loose even for this sight and ended up losing on a couple bad beats.

Really have to make an adjustment when you go to play another site though. Try to play like I am on pokerstars and I will lose all my money!

If you are not playing the cash tables get on it. Everyone will call if they have bottom pair, middle pair or are on any draw or the full moon is out.

Its freakin' great! (except when they actually have a hand for once but that is so few and far between) WHEEEEE!!!

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really have to make an adjustment when you go to play another site though.

Not necessarily. I just came from bodog. Was talking to my wife while selecting a STT and not paying attention. Clicked on the wrong table and accidentally joined a Turbo rather than a standard, and at double the buyin I intended. It started before I could deregister. :eek:

Oh drat, bother, and etc., sez I :(

I have nearly no experience of Turbos. What shall I do ?? Gotta play looser than usual, I guess. I know, I`ll pretend I`m at Costa Del.

Only won it, didn`t I. :D :D :D

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not necessarily. I just came from Bodog. Was talking to my wife while selecting a STT and not paying attention. Clicked on the wrong table and accidentally joined a Turbo rather than a standard, and at double the buyin I intended. It started before I could deregister. :eek:

Oh drat, bother, and etc., sez I :(

I have nearly no experience of Turbos. What shall I do ?? Gotta play looser than usual, I guess. I know, I`ll pretend I`m at Costa Del.

Only won it, didn`t I. :D :D :D
remember, they're the same for everyone.
Try a turbo at vcpoker, blinds go up every minute!

Xife

Xife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only played the turbo's at poker stars, and I still play really tight.. People always say you need to be a lot more aggressive, maybe thats true at other sites but at stars you still have time to wait for prime hands.. and everyone else has it in their head that they need to be aggressive.. so they bust out early..

And I cant stand costadel's SNG blind structure.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant stand costadel's SNG blind structure.

Yep, it is harsh isn`t it ? Two levels and then, bang, BB is 10% of the start stack. I think we mentioned it somewhere earlier in this thread.

I`m finding that they are still winnable, but you have to change gear sharply between levels one/two and three/four. Tight at first, then steal like a madman. A lot of the players are naive and, by the time they realise you`re pulling a fast one, you`re usually chip leader or close to it.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How`s this for a bad beat ? Typical of CDP.

Game # 450266979 - Texas Hold'em No Limit 25/50 - Table "€1+0.10/100VIP(€1) Sit & Go 2367302 1"
Players(max 10):
gOSARn (910.00 in seat 1)
GoteGute (1,458.00 in seat 2)
Skerro (875.00 in seat 4)
svend1 (545.00 in seat 5)
fflash (2,012.00 in seat 6)
Grommitje (1,150.00 in seat 7)
niklay (1,070.00 in seat 8)
-Holls- (455.00 in seat 9)
EgonTowst (1,525.00 in seat 10)
Dealer: fflash
Small Blind: Grommitje (25.00)
Big Blind: niklay (50.00)
EgonTowst was dealt: 3h - Ah
-Holls- Fold
EgonTowst Call (50.00)
gOSARn Fold
GoteGute Call (50.00)
Skerro Fold
svend1 Fold
fflash Fold
Grommitje Call (25.00)
niklay Check
Flop 6h - Qd - 7h
Grommitje Check
niklay Bet (50.00)
EgonTowst Call (50.00)
GoteGute Call (50.00)
Grommitje Fold
Turn 6h - Qd - 7h - 5h
niklay All-In (970.00)
EgonTowst All-In (1,425.00)
GoteGute All-In (1,358.00)
EgonTowst Payback (67.00)
River 6h - Qd - 7h - 5h - 7c
EgonTowst shows: 3h - Ah (a flush, ace high)
GoteGute shows: 4h - As (a pair of sevens)
EgonTowst wins: 776.00 side pot (with a flush, ace high)
niklay shows: 5s - 5d (a full house, fives full of sevens)
niklay wins: 3,260.00 main pot (with a full house, fives full of sevens)
Rake: 0.00
Game ended 2006-10-25 00:10:33 GMT+01:00

One clown goes all-in with trips, although the board has obvious straight, flush and straight-flush threats. Another clown calls with nothing but a draw. I`m sitting there with the Ace-high flush and about to wipe them both out, then the board pairs on the river. :eek:

It got even worse. I came back from this to be in 2nd place when there were five of us left, then ran up against pocket AAs two hands in a row. :(