***Official CarbonPoker Support Thread*** -- US & International Players Welcome!

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got off with Live Chat. They require an initial deposit via some other method before they'll give a UseMyWallet invite.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got off with Live Chat. They require an initial deposit via some other method before they'll give a UseMyWallet invite.

Sorry to hear that. I must have just gotten lucky? Well, in that case I would suggest WU. From everything that I have read it works fine also, though the fee is higher.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got to thinking about Carbon, and have decided that for the most part getting involved is fine.

My thinking went like this;

party poker was 'chased' out 5 years ago (give or take a few months).

It took the DoJ 5 years to build a (flimsy) case against these big 3 when it could have intervened when the AP/UB scandals were still active. They declined any involvement at that time, and as far as most of us know, have not pursued any actions against any of those crooks.

So they have a plan which on the face of things seems to be to force the issues for clarification. Of course if the sites just cave, and pay some hush money, the DoJ will seem happy to have achieved something. They will never tell us exactly what it is they achieved, or hoped to achieved, but that 5 year interim might suggest they are still looking for clarification.

It therefore seems highly unlikely (to me anyway) that they (the DoJ) will embark on any other actions until this one is settled somehow.

Which means, or suggests that any site willing to serve the US will have a good run and if smart, can become the 'next' Stars or Tilt.

Remember that partypoker was the 800 lb gorilla in the room before the UEGIA ran them off.

Does Carbon/Merge show the intestinal fortitude to deal with this opportunity? We don't know, but I would think if they can show some fortitude, the opportunities are enormous.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sorry to hear that. I must have just gotten lucky? Well, in that case I would suggest WU. From everything that I have read it works fine also, though the fee is higher.
Update: Finally deposited on Merge. I was able to get a UseMyWallet account with the help of my other poker site (cough... BxDxg ...sshhh).

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update: Finally deposited on Merge. I was able to get a UseMyWallet account with the help of my other poker site (cough... BxDxg ...sshhh).
Nice going. Not a word says I. :)

R

RiverRuin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon Poker customer "service"

I use the term "service" very loosely. I downloaded the software and looked over the deposit options. They don't look promising. So I emailed customer service to ask how I can get some $$$ in my account. I get an auto reply saying they'll respond within 4-8 hours. It's been 2 days ...... nothing. Seems these people aren't very anxious to capitalize on what should be a golden opportunity. If they're this slow to respond to how I can get money IN, what can I expect if I ever want to get money OUT?

Looks to me like online poker for U.S. players is looking really DEAD until the time that it is legalized, and with so many VAST problems confronting Congress, our position in the pecking order of things to deal with ranks pretty low, so low it doesn't appear on a list of about 1,000 things. With that in mind, I'm about ready to :ciao: bye bye to online poker.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use the term "service" very loosely. I downloaded the software and looked over the deposit options. They don't look promising. So I emailed customer service to ask how I can get some $$$ in my account. I get an auto reply saying they'll respond within 4-8 hours. It's been 2 days ...... nothing. Seems these people aren't very anxious to capitalize on what should be a golden opportunity. If they're this slow to respond to how I can get money IN, what can I expect if I ever want to get money OUT?

Looks to me like online poker for U.S. players is looking really DEAD until the time that it is legalized, and with so many VAST problems confronting Congress, our position in the pecking order of things to deal with ranks pretty low, so low it doesn't appear on a list of about 1,000 things. With that in mind, I'm about ready to :ciao: bye bye to online poker.

Its really pretty simple. As I and others have said in this thread, live support is the way to go. You might have to wait in line for a bit but you will get to talk to someone and they are helpful.

As for deposit options, in Post Black Friday US what are you expecting? Its going to take a little effort on your part. First, try to get the use my wallet invite. If support won't give it to you directly, try talking to your rake back affiliate if you signed up through one, they may be able to help you.

If you can't get the use my wallet option than use WU. Its really not that hard, just follow the step by step instructions they provide. Yes, it will cost around 12 bucks, big deal, if 12 bucks worries you that much don't play. Yes, you will have to go out of your home and make a bit of effort on your part, again, how badly do you want to play? Just do it next time you are in a grocery store shopping. Here's a big hint, if WU asks you anything about what the transaction is for, DON'T TELL THEM ITS FOR gambling! They are a private business, not the cops, its none of their business what the money is for so tell them your sending it to your long lost nephew or whatever, its none of their business.

I can't believe some of the Nits I have been seeing in this and other forums who won't spend a little bit of time and effort to invest a minimal amount of money in order to pursue a hobby that they claim to enjoy so much. For God's sake, what's the worst that could happen? The DOJ suddenly wakes up and discovers the Merge network and you might be out 50 bucks or so. BFD!

If you want to play poker in the comfort of your own home than make a small initial effort/investment and do so.

Good Luck.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone else had a hard time getting live support to work? I have tried a few times since yesterday, and it has told me that live support is currently unavailable, and that I could send an email instead. Anyone else have this problem?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I PMed CarbonChris like 10 days ago about WU deposits have got nothing.E-mailing support nothing\they don't talk on this thread nor the other forums thread.Might be a good thing my WU deposit didn't go through.One thing i really don't understand is they said if your not getting rake back by the end of the month you will never get it.Really they just got a golden goose in there lap and now there tring to make sure they get no new customers after the end of the month.I'm at a loss on that decision.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I PMed CarbonChris like 10 days ago about WU deposits have got nothing.E-mailing support nothing\they don't talk on this thread nor the other forums thread.Might be a good thing my WU deposit didn't go through.One thing i really don't understand is they said if your not getting rake back by the end of the month you will never get it.Really they just got a golden goose in there lap and now there tring to make sure they get no new customers after the end of the month.I'm at a loss on that decision.

check pm's

Edit: i thought the rb end of the month was just lock

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep hearing it's all Merge sites that are getting rid of rb.Still makes 0 sense to me that they would do this.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep hearing it's all Merge sites that are getting rid of rb.Still makes 0 sense to me that they would do this.
It is all Merge sites. Supposedly they are coming out with a rewards system similar to Stars (more you play the better it is). But you really can't understand why they would get rid of RB right now? They have a captive market. They don't need to give $$s away to attract new customers.

M

mjteiber

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, A few questions...
It was my birthday yesterday and I didn't receive my 11$ coupon. I was told to contact support but they are not responding.
I would also like to sign up for rakeback if possible.
Lastly, I plan on depositing again very soon, but recently i changed my email address so i lost the reload deposit code which I would like to use.
Your help would be greatly appreciated with all of these matters
Thank you!
Max
Carbon ID:mjteiber

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, A few questions...
It was my birthday yesterday and I didn't receive my 11$ coupon. I was told to contact support but they are not responding.
I would also like to sign up for rakeback if possible.
Lastly, I plan on depositing again very soon, but recently i changed my email address so i lost the reload deposit code which I would like to use.
Your help would be greatly appreciated with all of these matters
Thank you!
Max
Carbon ID:mjteiber

Try live chat support.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is all Merge sites. Supposedly they are coming out with a rewards system similar to Stars (more you play the better it is). But you really can't understand why they would get rid of RB right now? They have a captive market. They don't need to give $$s away to attract new customers.
They are still in a competitive market with bodog and cake for U.S customers are they not.On another note it seems all of a sudden people are having problems trying to withdraw from the U.S. using UseMyWallet.DOJ still cracking down on the bank system?

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really. Bodog doesn't offer rb either and Cake doesn't allow HUDs. Both are also very small by comparison.

M

mjteiber

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So much for support? Are they on vacation? What the hell is going on????

burntrider

burntrider

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just got an email from CarbonPoker Support regarding the best deposit options for US players. One of them was VISA which got me thinking, first off, neither VISA nor MasterCard has worked for me for months now. And second, isn't that one of the reasons that the Big 3 got busted? US banks tied to gift cards? Freerollin' right now, sure as hell not depositing for the time being.

My feelings exactly

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I earned my initial starting money at Carbon through freerolls. I am trying to do a good thing and transfer some money to a fellow CC member to play in or weekly Thursday $5.50 buy in tourney. See all the info here:https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/free-buy-next-cc-carbon-game-197486/

Anyway I sent info to support today and want to see if I can speed up the process of validating my account. Along with verification form I sent copy of drivers license and credit card(even though I have never deposited). I will send copy of this post to Carbon rep through PM.

Please help so I can get this done for this week. Thanks.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting the same message day after day for live chat. Geez, don't these sites care at all about giving accurate information to their customers? If it's broke say so, if you are overwhelmed with too many new customers say so, if live chat is no longer going to be available, say so. Honest feedback goes a long way.

We're sorry, but our Livechat service is currently not available. Please try again tomorrow morning or send us a message using the form below. Thank you.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice new font (Arial). Finally, the letters are legibile. The previous font was horrible.

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Question for Carbon: are player funds protected and held in accounts separate from company funds? In light of the aftermath of Black Friday (i.e. certain companies appearing to have a tough time conjuring up the money owed to their players), I feel it's important for people to know how the money they keep on poker sites is managed. Should another Black Friday-like ordeal go down in the future, would Carbon players be able to see their withdrawals relatively promptly?