Status
Not open for further replies.
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol. Sorry I missed it too. The shear stupidity of the post you were replying to must have dumbfounded me. :)

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If my "shear" stupidity dumbfounds both of you, then how is it that I am able to predict almost 95+% of the time the exact cards that will beat me before the end of the hands. The TAG reference was a "sheer" attempt at expressing that most TAGs should not experience the stronger fluctations that a LAG would. Thoroughly impressed by both of your mathematical expertise though. I'm assuming that each of you make regular deposits at sites you play... WVH, don't you think that dmorris can speak for himself?

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If my "shear" stupidity dumbfounds both of you, then how is it that I am able to predict almost 95+% of the time the exact cards that will beat me before the end of the hands. The TAG reference was a "sheer" attempt at expressing that most TAGs should not experience the stronger fluctations that a LAG would. Thoroughly impressed by both of your mathematical expertise though. I'm assuming that each of you make regular deposits at sites you play... WVH, don't you think that dmorris can speak for himself?

lol just lol

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If my "shear" stupidity dumbfounds both of you, then how is it that I am able to predict almost 95+% of the time the exact cards that will beat me before the end of the hands.

uh, use this psychic ability you have to make millions of dollars, the end?

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol they just cuttin up Ezekiel!!!

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow. Just... wow. I was leaning toward giving you the benefit of the doubt of just being uninformed, but that last post just threw you solidly into the rigtard camp. We have a special thread for you where all your type can commiserate together and keep the insanity contained in one place.

Oh, and lol at the sideways jab implying WVH and I are depositing fish and therefore your conspiracy theory carries some kind of weight.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aiight... TRUCE... before all the original members of CC burn me at the stake...:rolleyes:

I had mentioned on the post elsewhere that I was attempting to BR with the Carbon funsteps and freerolls and had amassed a whoppin' 4 bucks. The moment I went to play it no matter what games I went to I lost nearly EVERY hand and even after going back to what I did to get that, my "variance" still continues now. Every hand I get I either get coolered on or would if I hadn't folded...

Probably just angry or on tilt I guess but I don't feel like it...:eek:

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure dmorris can speak for himself, I just didn't think his words were nearly strong enough to properly convey how stupid your post was. Thank you for proving me correct in that thought.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably just angry or on tilt I guess but I don't feel like it...:eek:

There it is. I knew you could do it.

It really is as simple as that.

-

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ohhhhhhhhhhh

I feel the..... merge.......

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow. Just... wow. I was leaning toward giving you the benefit of the doubt of just being uninformed, but that last post just threw you solidly into the rigtard camp. We have a special thread for you where all your type can commiserate together and keep the insanity contained in one place./quote]
I always thought that when calling someone a "retard" or "idiot" it's far far more important to spell it correctly, or there's a huge amount of irony involved. ;)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As the legendary Pokerista, William Jefferson Clinton once stated," it depends on what the meaning of is, is."

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummm.... Someone who believes online poker is rigged + the fact that they're a retarded = rigtard.

Other words you may see that aren't spelled incorrectly: spewtard, lagtard, aggrotard

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had NEVER originally stated that online poker was rigged. I made a comment to the fact of my variance seeming "weird" after having unfortuante events taking place all in row and how they took place as well. But that's exactly why it's called variance I guess. I just didn't like the allusions of being a referred to as a "woefully, ignorant, poor-playing, tinfoil hat-wearing rigtard" directly after my post which essentially made me go "on-tilt" in the forum and respond the way I did.

I always thought that when calling someone a "retard" or "idiot" it's far far more important to spell it correctly, or there's a huge amount of irony involved. ;)

I agree completely.

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow. Just... wow. I was leaning toward giving you the benefit of the doubt of just being uninformed, but that last post just threw you solidly into the rigtard camp. We have a special thread for you where all your type can commiserate together and keep the insanity contained in one place.

I think that when critisizing someones spelling, it is best to be familiar with exactly which word you are trying to spell or the irony starts to get wrapped in layers of more irony

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed as well.
Either way I don't care about any of the grammar, pronuncuations, etc... It's ALL redundant. All that matters is the implications and I understood those COMPLETELY and took it as such... Isn't this issue dead though? I don't feel like revisiting old conflicts if it's NOT neccessary...

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed as well.
Either way I don't care about any of the grammar, pronuncuations, etc... It's ALL redundant. All that matters is the implications and I understood those COMPLETELY and took it as such... Isn't this issue dead though? I don't feel like revisiting old conflicts if it's NOT neccessary...

Obviously some history, lol....well i'm new so i don't know all your little phrases and shorthand yet, so I mistakenly took it literally.... but yeah, rigged, retard, rigtard, really very very clever, how could i have missed it.. lol

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
S'ok stg... I'm new here as well. Joined last month... :) Still learning different slang and abbreviations as well...

A

alainfrig

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's random but sometime i really do think it's made for peaple to raise reraise and get sucked with the river...so the site make more money that way =(

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's random but sometime i really do think it's made for peaple to raise reraise and get sucked with the river...so the site make more money that way =(

you really just joined the forum to post this???? but good to know its random but not random

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Is this OP here, attempting to take focus away from themself?

R

Rory1337

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's as random you are going to get at the end of the day.

Not sure what people expect in general when they ask this question? If people are convinced they are not random, then they shoulden't be playing, simple. You usually see people say it isn't random when they take a badbeat etc.

I just challenge anyone as to what benefit would a site get from deciding to not have the random number generator, generate numbers randomly? The only thing that would happen, is they would lose their license and their company, for just deciding not to randomly generate numbers, for absolutely no reason at all..Kind of seems a crap deal for the poker site huh?

It's about as stupid as people asking/saying an on-line roulette wheel is not random ( you could in a sense argue this to some extent as you are playing the house) however, you then only need to see that in the long run when you see the odds etc...they just can not' lose, 100% fact based on simple maths..so saying their RNG is not "random" is also idiotic. as they gain absolutely ZERO benefit in having it "rigged"

There are absolutely "none" - the only time you could even think it, is if you are playing poker against the house (which is never the case) therefore, it IS as random as you can get..FACT and like the roulette wheel they make money on people wagering their money vs each other, so would have no reason to not have it all as random as it gets. Pokers rake, is like roulettes house edge, they are always going to win long term 100% therefore there is no reason to have nothing that is not random. Even if they did...they still wouldn't gain anything from it by "rigging" it for another player to win, it would be the other players money who won..not the poker site so it baffles me how people are so idiotic to even question it?

You are actually higher more likely to be cheater out of money via a live table than online because you don't know the actual people/dealers etc...they could be teaming up and so on..if anything it's more trusting online and more random online.

To be fair, I completely agree that it's completely unlikely for there to be something less random with the RNG. However to answer the question of who benefits from 'rigging', in micro stakes cash e.g. where the rake is very high and the site may like to keep the money bouncing back and forth all in. This could be because the rake is horrendous at micro cash and the site would rather the little guy winning with 74o once in a while generating rake rather than heading to the reg grinder who they knows would take the cash out of circumnavigation to pay for living costs.

Anyway I believe in general that the cards aren't rigged to suit any particular player, but some of the statistical improbabilities makes it seem like it sometimes. As everyone says on this forum, its all about your BRM. Sometimes 20 BI isn't enough in cash if you lose 1BI with AA losing to 84o and monkey tilt and you end up losing another 5BI. The main idea is being able to cover losses and still be able to get on the next day and think "Oh cool I lost 4BI last night, that is less than 10% of my BR" and start back to grinding.

Good luck at the tables.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I program or design sites, each function/purpose is designed as a component that then plugs into a larger component. Most programs are designed this way for efficiency as well as so programmers don't lose their minds trying to find out a section of code's purpose when an entire program needs to be modified.

I'm going to assume that the RNG is one algorithm that passes it's output to let's say a shuffling algorithm that passes to a dealing algorithm... and so forth. If i'm wrong please correct if someone actually knows how these algorithm(s) work. In the end when most poker sites state that their RNG is verified, is this to include ALL the other assumed algorithms as well? THIS is a HONEST question, no sarcasm involved... just curious...:confused:

A

aristacrat666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
after playin many live games here in england and in las vegas , live play with a real set of cards , unless fixed by the dealer is legit ,
but unfortunately, from , my experience of playing day in day out day after day hr after hr hand after had , the crack in the curtains show them selves in , on line poker ,, i call the dealers non random randy !!
ok so you have read all the books , by slansky ect and no all the odds good ok
next you play hands pre flop on the flop or on any hand for that matter and if ur atall intelligent you know ur odds , so what i have found on 95percent of hands is :-
when playin loose against 1v1 player they always hit , everytime ,
when playin tight they suck out
when after flop u got over card pocket pair they suck out
AFTER raisin 8 times big blind in micro (ok) called by utter pants say 28 they hit when u got two pair they make the straight and more and more hand after hand

after 4 days of playing , and with the right odds in my favour , big favour the p take has gone to far ,
you can say , stop wingeing , its bad beats , or , ur rubbish at poker \
but the fact of the matter is if you play with the odds in your favour on any street and every time u get beat some thing is up , its a fix its rigged ,, they want , u to reload , reload agaon , u can argue that they want only the rake , but fact is they want ur reload , and if i had recorded the last 6 days of playing on camera , u would understand , do the math
and i guess would say i am the unluckiest play in the world ,
poo par , , the math dont lie
every hand (ok 95 % ) , forces u to fold , because u know and believe me i played thousand s of hands , thousands ,,
each time they thit or suck out

its ok 4 a bit after u reload but after u got a bit of rake back they cain u
done deal witnessed , evidence not recorded , take my word im a friend of jesus:mad:

one last thing i got the hand history if u want to examine

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.