Iron Man: Use it, it's free!!!

G

gns2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I do like the "free" money at FTP due to Ironman. Before I started playing RUSH regularly at FTP to collect the points to qualify (I am a Silver level) I used to earn $30-$40 per month playing poker. Now I average $200. Not enough to quit my day job, but a step in the right direction. Am clearing $125 bonus right now from Ironman. Will be done next week. Yes, FP may be getting more rake from me due to my play now as I play more raked hands, but my cash is going up much faster now there, so that is something good to me. I'm only playing lowest NL rush and get to the 50 ftp level in under 2 hours per day (I know I'm making less than minimum wage still, but its getting better each month. This month I'm almost to $300).
Never tried the cash tables at PS or the points game there. This is working fine for now. Thanks. :D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - I get what you are saying TPC and when I started playing there in May my intentions were to stay which is why I started working on the Iron Man stuff. But by the end of June I hated it so bad I decided to go back to PS in July. But I still would have stayed another month and tried to re-earn the bonus I had earned if I had known that was what I had to do - then I would have gone back to PS in August instead.

keaton

keaton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made Iron Man Bronze for the first time this month, and completed the one-a-day for a 15 medal bonus.

I would play the freerolls, but I will be working most weekends for the next 4 months(my busy season).

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I made my first iron man, made bronze. Do you get the 25 medals and the bronze freeroll?

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I made my first iron man, made bronze. Do you get the 25 medals and the bronze freeroll?

you get 25 medals for the bronze level and 25 dollars towards year-end bonus if you reach at least bronze in december.

did you choose the freeroll option on your ironman page? if you choose the medals option you dont get the freeroll ( which is on the second saturday of the following month) you get extra medals instead....

the bad thing about the freeroll/medals option is that you have to choose before the end of the month... you are locked in as of 12:01 am on the first of the month.

so if you qualified for july .. you are locked in as of 12:01 aug 1 and you cant switch...

if you made the one-a -day you can just not register and get 15 medals

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I chose the freeroll. Will FT be sending me an email about qualifying? How does that work?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, so mid year bonus goes from Jan-June, then July-Dec? I thought I would have to wait until Jan to take advantage of this.

Unless...do I have to play and qualify for an ironman ranking each month starting in July-Dec in order to take advantage of this. Or lets say I start playing in Sep-Dec and qualify for these 4 months, am I only rewarded for these 4 months since I started late?

I guess if I have to start in Jan, I can just save up and deposit big so I can take advantage of higher limits and aim for ironman status.

LOL...I really want to get my own table on FTP. That'd be great for some CC cash games. Goal to have my own table by July 2011...

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can start whenever you want. You'll need to get at least bronze in Dec. to get the end-of-year bonus but other than that it's up to you.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I chose the freeroll. Will FT be sending me an email about qualifying? How does that work?

I believe they email you about the freeroll, but I'm not sure. I always take the bonus medals. I do receive an email about the one a day freeroll every month, so I'm sure they probably do the same with the Iron Man freerolls.

The freerolls are usually the second Saturday of every month. If you don't recieve an email from Full Tilt by Monday, just send them an email and they will walk you through it.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks, Champ! Will do. I went back and forth and then opted for the FR because at the level I play accumulating enough medals to buy anything of worth would take forever. I also knew I wouldn't be able to follow through in August and September.

As it was though, I really enjoyed the experience. Playing every day like that opened a whole new world for me. My respect and appreciation for people like you who consistently maintain Iron Man status grew by leaps and bounds.

I also learned that cash games were the way to go, for me at least. Limit poker was my cash cow when I was playing live all the time and I know diddly-squat about NL cash games so .25/.50 LHE was the direction I took. For the month, I increased my BR by about $75 and that was for playing an hour or less a day.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know it isn't iron man, but they've killed all the info for the one-a-day freeroll. Anyone know why it hasn't been posted yet? I see the one for bronze, silver, gold, and ironman, but no one-a-day freeroll. The only thing it says on the info page is it will be open to reg by the 3rd of the month and will be played on the 2nd Sat. of each month at 14:45.

Since I can't get ironman yet I'd like to play in this since I got one pt per day. Anyone have any info?

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the second Saturday, so It wont be till the 14th. Full Tilt always sends me an email about it to register. However, I've never really read the email and I've never registered. lol I just take the 15 bonus medals. I would assume it would show up in that same place on the lobby as the Iron Man freerolls are. They probably just haven't opened it up for registration yet. If you haven't received and email by Monday, I would send full tilt one.

Oh and Lark. The Iron Man freerolls are now open to register.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 144
atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm also qualified for the One-A-Day freeroll. I can't find it either.

If it's not open for registration on the 3rd maybe they should change this.

Attachments

• Snapshot 364.jpg
    Snapshot 364.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 146
TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The one a day isn't till the 14th this month. There is plenty of time. They will email you about it. Don't worry.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The one a day isn't till the 14th this month. There is plenty of time. They will email you about it. Don't worry.

Okay, then they shouldn't tell everyone it's open for registration for those who have qualified on the 3rd of each month.

That's all I'm sayin.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could never get into the Iron Man thing. Then again, I never really took the game all that seriously. But I have watched TPC use it for awhile now and it really is worth it. I guess when I start playing again, I will have to get into it.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay, thanks TPC. I was just going by their page, which must be a little outdated. No probs.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow. It takes true form of discipline to reach Iron Man. I end up losing more chasing after bonuses and medals, even Bronze. I played my game without looking at how many points I've achieved last month. I just looked at my Iron Man page and I'm averaging 30-45 points per day. Only few days, I reached over 50 ftps. Guess I gotta play 50% more than what I usually play.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know the feeling. I play between 25-30 $2 9-man standards per day. I feel like I'm on here forever and I still am quite a bit short. But once I get to the $5 level it should be fairly easy for me to do.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One-A-Day Freeroll email response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are aware that the tournament is not yet listed in the tournament lobby. We can confirm that the tournament will be listed shortly and you will be able to register yourself and secure your seat at the tables.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're always here to help.

Regards,

Dave
full tilt poker Support

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TY AF. I was too lazy to send an email.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread motivated me to try for the one-a-day freeroll. Thanks guys. :)

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone else besides me cleared their mid year bonus points yet? I did wednesday and I somehow havent gotten paid my bonus yet, and its now friday...

Iron Poker - Titan Poker Deutsch