Iron Man: Use it, it's free!!!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty sure it's 10 points/$ spent in tourney rake, so .10 rake should work for a point.

Last edited:
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bad, I was wrong, it used to be 7 points per $1 paid in rake, so I wasn't up to date.

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i get ironman for 12 months (different level each month) what sort of bonus can i expect at the end of the year?

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i get ironman for 12 months (different level each month) what sort of bonus can i expect at the end of the year?

The bonus is paid out every six months. So it depends on what level you hit each month.

Iron = $100
Gold = $75
Silver = $50
Bronze = $25

So if you did three months Iron, one month gold, one month silver and the last month bronze, you would get a $450 bonus to clear during July. Then say from July to Dec you hit Iron every month, you would receive a bonus of $600 that you would have to clear in Jan the following year.

So the most you can earn is $1200 Iron man bonus each year. Not bad imo.

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bonus is paid out every six months. So it depends on what level you hit each month.

Iron = $100
Gold = $75
Silver = $50
Bronze = $25

So if you did three months Iron, one month gold, one month silver and the last month bronze, you would get a $450 bonus to clear during July. Then say from July to Dec you hit Iron every month, you would receive a bonus of $600 that you would have to clear in Jan the following year.

So the most you can earn is $1200 Iron man bonus each year. Not bad imo.

Awsome! im looking at six months @ silver. $300 bonus is always nice.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last year I got a medal in Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr, and May. I didn't make it in June because of some vacations and being busy with work. I looked in July for my bonus, and it was nowhere to be found. I found out later (through cardschat) that I had to medal in June to get all of the previous bonuses. LAAAAMMMEEEE. This year I will make sure to play in June.

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, does everyone lose out on Iron Man if it's the sites fault that we can't play?

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being in Japan, I'm still able to play but I was wondering about this for any US players that are 36+ consecutive months into Ironman how badly it's going to affect them.

marvingubba

marvingubba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great promo but clearing the entire bonus forces you to play even more!

Awsome! im looking at six months @ silver. $300 bonus is always nice.

Just be prepared to grind it out in July and August!
You have just 45 days to clear the bonus @ $0.05 per FTP.
You'll need 6000 FTP to clear the entire $300.
$300 ÷ $0.05/FTP = 6000 FTP
6000 FTP ÷ 45 days = 133.33 FTP per day Average

$300 = 133.33 FTP per day Average!

At a 50 FTP per day level of play...
You make Silver in a month by playing 25 days at 50 FTP/day.
If you played 40 of the 45 days at 50 FTP/day you will clear just $100.

To clear your entire $300 bonus you need to play at Gold or Iron levels for July and August.

You see where this is going don't you...

Let's say you play at Gold or Iron for Jul-Aug and back to Silver for Sep-Dec.
Now you'll get a Year-End Iron Man Bonus of $350-400, requiring even more play in Jan-Feb to clear the increased amount!

Good news is you don't need to clear the entire bonus.
At the end of the 45 day you get whatever amount you've cleared.

My approach was to play Iron for 2 months to clear the bonus and then Gold for the next four months. This would get me a $500 bonus which took 10,000 FTP to clear, or 40 days @ 250 FTP/day.

Any bonus is good. No matter how much you clear.
Here's the most you can expect to clear if you play 40 of the 45 days.
50 FTP per day -> $100
125 FTP per day -> $250
250 FTP per day -> $500

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, does everyone lose out on Iron Man if it's the sites fault that we can't play?
Full Tilt certainly lose out, they want as many people playing there (and generating rake for them) as possible.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

An FTP rep on 2+2 was saying that US players with continuous Ironman months will NOT be reset if/when the US is able to play again on their site.

marvingubba

marvingubba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I've recently read it looks like FT will remember your April Iron Man Status so you can pick up where we left off.
It also says they will honor months earned towards the Mid-Year bonus.

In addition, Iron Man Medal and Academy Credits will be converted to FT Points.
At some point, they suggest the FT Store will be opened to US players so we can use these FT Points to buy merchandise.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unsticky this ! lol just makes me think about full tilt again

Iron Poker - Titan Poker Deutsch