Iron Man: Use it, it's free!!!

dresturn2

dresturn2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great post it really opened my eyes up on this iron man situation...i am currently playin 5nl and those bonuses would be great to get a significant bankroll started

V

Vizzinzin

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great post i mean i already play on full tilt but that was a great breakdown with a very good explanation and it does seem like a lot of work but i guess you are right if you put yourself too it, it can really benefit you

keaton

keaton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great Post!

I have been playing 2 tables of the .02/.05 NL Rush tables, and have been reaching 50 FTP's in about 1200 hands.

Right now, I have earned 50 FTP's on 14 days, and will reach Iron Man Bronze for the first time.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG - I hate Full Tilt lol. I don't think I will ever play there again except for Cardschat events and maybe to earn an easy bonus.

I busted my butt to get Gold Status in Iron Man in May and then did the best I could to get bronze in June so I could earn the mid-year bonus. (we are talking playing half blind and through pain on some days!) I have been patiently waiting for it to get paid.

I have checked my Iron Man page numerous times and saw nothing about it. Then today I go in there and see that I have to earn 2000 points by Aug 14th to claim my $100 bonus. Unbelievable lol. I already played to earn it - now I have to play again to receive it.

Needless to say I can not earn that many points in 2 weeks. If I had been given a month's notice I could have done it. I wouldn't have wanted to - but I would have then washed my hands of them forever lol.

I guess I get to wash my hands today cause I am done with them now. Between that and no rakeback they just aren't worth crap to me.

We probably should clarify in the OP that this bonus has to be earned again once it is earned lol.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG - I hate Full Tilt lol. I don't think I will ever play there again except for Cardschat events and maybe to earn an easy bonus.

I busted my butt to get Gold Status in Iron Man in May and then did the best I could to get bronze in June so I could earn the mid-year bonus. (we are talking playing half blind and through pain on some days!) I have been patiently waiting for it to get paid.

I have checked my Iron Man page numerous times and saw nothing about it. Then today I go in there and see that I have to earn 2000 points by Aug 14th to claim my $100 bonus. Unbelievable lol. I already played to earn it - now I have to play again to receive it.

Needless to say I can not earn that many points in 2 weeks. If I had been given a month's notice I could have done it. I wouldn't have wanted to - but I would have then washed my hands of them forever lol.

I guess I get to wash my hands today cause I am done with them now. Between that and no rakeback they just aren't worth crap to me.

We probably should clarify in the OP that this bonus has to be earned again once it is earned lol.

Bonuses are generally cleared. Anything else would be a change from the norm.

The good news is that you don't have to clear it all to get some of it. Whatever you can clear between now and August 15th will be credited to your account after August 15th.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bonuses are generally cleared. Anything else would be a change from the norm.

The good news is that you don't have to clear it all to get some of it. Whatever you can clear between now and August 15th will be credited to your account after August 15th.

Yeah, sorry. I thought having to clear a bonus was a given. That's how most every bonus works.

She has till Aug 14th, not the 15th.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, sorry. I thought having to clear a bonus was a given. That's how most every bonus works.

She has till Aug 14th, not the 15th.
Yeah you're right it's the 14th sorry for any confusion.

Also if she'd just read my posts ITT she'd have known!! :)
The mid and end of year bonuses aren't guaranteed but I'd bet that come next month there will be details about this year's mid year which will be cleared in July (you'll have to earn at least bronze in June to qualify).

That was an answer to one of Dakota's questions no less!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did read that - but never did I understand it to be something you would have to re-earn after having earned it once already. I guess that is my bad - but if you read the OP it doesn't say anything about having to earn points to get that money. (Not blaming you TPC lol).

Also - nowhere at FT does it explain this process to you. And 2000 points??? They should have let me know at least a month in advance that I would need to earn that many points to get that bonus money so I could plan ahead to try to earn all of it.

It is July 30th and I am just now finding out. And I won't even be home until Sunday to start on it.

Still a big fail on Full Tilt's part as far as I am concerned.

No wonder everybody and their brother creates new accounts there to start over with rakeback and doesn't bat an eye when they do it. Can't say I blame them to tell you the truth. :p

Or plays at pokerstars instead. :)

C

CheeseMaker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great post. I am going to try the Iron Man Challenge for August. Just out of curiosity. How much players can be expected in each of these iron man freerolls?

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had no idea that you earned the bonus, but then had to unlock said bonus.
Cripes! The deal doesn't look as sweet now.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So this part

(Iron Man Bonus
Every six months Full Tilt gives Iron Man bonuses. For every month you hit the Iron level, you would get $100. So if you hit Iron every month, you would get a $600 bonus. If you hit Bronze every month you would get $150 bonus. Basically the break down is Bronze is worth $25 a month, Silver $50, Gold $75 and Iron $100.)

has info left out?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably should add something like:

The accrued bonus has to be cleared in July (mid-year) or January (end-of-year). FTP normally allows 45 days to clear these bonuses. If you do not clear the entire bonus FTP will credit you for the part you do clear.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So this part

(Iron Man Bonus
Every six months Full Tilt gives Iron Man bonuses. For every month you hit the Iron level, you would get $100. So if you hit Iron every month, you would get a $600 bonus. If you hit Bronze every month you would get $150 bonus. Basically the break down is Bronze is worth $25 a month, Silver $50, Gold $75 and Iron $100.)

has info left out?

So, if I'm following this right, instead of FT saying "get" a bonus in a specified amount, they should be saying "get an opportunity to clear" a bonus in that amount. Is that correct?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, if I'm following this right, instead of FT saying "get" a bonus in a specified amount, they should be saying "get an opportunity to clear" a bonus in that amount. Is that correct?

I personally know of no bonus you don't have to clear. I guess Stars does have something they call an "instant" bonus but you see the word instant is needed there so you know you don't have to clear it. Bonus = have to clear imo.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am so glad that I am not the only one who misunderstood it lol.

The difference in this and any other bonus I have ever had to clear - is that you had to play and earn points to get this bonus. You are usually awarded a bonus - then you have to clear it.

This bonus - unlike any other I have ever heard of - has to be earned by getting massive points - then cleared by getting massive points before you get it. That is FT charging you twice for one bonus imo.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am so glad that I am not the only one who misunderstood it lol.

The difference in this and any other bonus I have ever had to clear - is that you had to play and earn points to get this bonus. You are usually awarded a bonus - then you have to clear it.

This bonus - unlike any other I have ever heard of - has to be earned by getting massive points - then cleared by getting massive points before you get it. That is FT charging you twice for one bonus imo.

Doesn't Stars bonus system work exactly the same way? You buy a bonus with FPPs you earned and then clear the bonus by earning VPPs. Right?

Here is Stars description of how it works. Sounds like the same basic thing that's going on with the IM bonus to me???
Use your Frequent Player Points (FPPs) to purchase a PokerStars bonus. Purchase the VIP Reward Bonus from the VIP Store for 25,000 FPPs and we will credit $300 to your account once you have earned 2,100 VPPs. Pending bonus status may be checked in your Cashier with the "Check My Bonus Status" button.
*Only VPPs earned after you purchase the bonus will count towards its release. You must earn all required VPPs within 90 days of purchase or your bonus will expire. You may purchase multiple bonuses but only one may be completed at a time.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never purchased a bonus from Pokerstars. The Stellar rewards cost you 1fpp so that is nowhere near the same kind of a deal.

I have purchased cash rewards at PS which I did not have to earn (again).

Also PS had some kick ass sales on stuff you can buy including tickets and rewards at the beginning of the year which I have never seen FT do.

And at least in what you quote above they spell it out and you know exactly what you are buying and what you have to do to get it.

Unlike FT which keeps details of the Iron Man bonus a secret until it is too late.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never purchased a bonus from Pokerstars. The Stellar rewards cost you 1fpp so that is nowhere near the same kind of a deal.

I have purchased cash rewards at PS which I did not have to earn (again).

Also PS had some kick ass sales on stuff you can buy including tickets and rewards at the beginning of the year which I have never seen FT do.

And at least in what you quote above they spell it out and you know exactly what you are buying and what you have to do to get it.

Unlike FT which keeps details of the Iron Man bonus a secret until it is too late.

The details of exactly what I needed to earn to clear my bonus have been under the IM section of the My Promotions page since about 6 hours in on July 1st. Maybe yours wasn't there or you didn't see them or whatever but I assure you FTP wasn't intending to hide those details from you until it was too late to clear. They like people who play and people clearing bonuses do just that. I'm sure no one will be more disappointed than FTP if you don't clear your bonus.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The details of exactly what I needed to earn to clear my bonus have been under the IM section of the My Promotions page since about 6 hours in on July 1st. Maybe yours wasn't there or you didn't see them or whatever but I assure you FTP wasn't intending to hide those details from you until it was too late to clear. They like people who play and people clearing bonuses do just that. I'm sure no one will be more disappointed than FTP if you don't clear your bonus.

LOL, yea right.

Full Tilt is so upset that they don't have to give dakota money.

I'm sure dakota will be a little more upset.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, yea right.

Full Tilt is so upset that they don't have to give dakota money.

I'm sure dakota will be a little more upset.

As soon as you stop and understand how ANY bonus works you'll see that you're dead wrong.

Let's look at Dakota's $125 bonus as an example.

If she doesn't play at all she gets $0 in bonus, FTP gets $0 in rake. Not good for FTP.

If she plays she'll have to pay just over $285 in rake to clear the bonus. If we assume that some non-rb affiliate gets ~35% (they may or may not but worse case for FTP they do) that's roughly $100 and Dakota gets her $125 or $225 total. That means FTP gets to keep $65 in rake for the time period while she was clearing the bonus!!! Add in the fact that if she becomes disgruntled (pretty sure she is) and limits her play there after the bonus FTP loses out yet again.

Cliffs: FTP wants her to clear the bonus because $65 > $0.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FTP already made rake on me when I was kicking my ass to earn what I thought was a cash bonus with no more strings attached. They could just post the details on the Iron Man page so everyone would understand how this works up front. Even July 1 was late imo.

However it was definitely not on my page any of the several times I have checked it this month until today. I searched thoroughly for any sign of any news about when the bonus would be paid. I don't know when I checked last - but my guess is not much more than a week ago. At that point I pretty much gave up and figured maybe it would not be paid until August. Then I decided to look again today since it was close to the end of the month.

Yep I am disgruntled. Not much anyone can say to ungruntle me at this point. I will send them an email which they will either ignore or -they will explain how it works which will be too late for me.

If they really want me to clear that bonus and it matters to them - they will give me 30 days to clear it. I would probably still tell them to stuff it though.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever you see the word Bonus, it always has to be cleared. I apologies for not mentioning that. I just always thought it was a given.

However, Iron Man is an on going promotion. If you are just shooting for Iron Man once every other month or so, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

The Iron Man builds on it self, and the more months in a row you hit Iron Man, the quicker you earn medals which means you can purchase bonuses and tournament tickets at a faster rate.

If you are doing Iron Man every month, clearing the bonus isn't a big deal. You are just earning points that you would normally earn. Yeah, the month I'm clearing the bonus, I might ramp up my play a little bit to clear the bonus quicker. However, I received a $450 bonus and the pacing was just 200 points a day for 45 days to unlock it. So yeah, Iron Man is kinda geared for higher limits. Really 25nl imo. Once you are playing 25nl, you can earn 200 points a day in two hours or less easy, depending on how many tables you play.

The Iron Man is intended for people that grind, and over the long haul. This month is almost over, however here is the screen shot of my calender and bonus.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 87
  • untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 87
dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So is it worth it to shoot for ironman with SnG's? Right now it's next to impossible as I'm only playing ~25 $2 tourneys per day. But once I move up to the $5 it will be a little easier to hit the bottom level if not shoot for the mid level stuff. Or is clearing the bonus going to be kind of tough to do?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So is it worth it to shoot for ironman with SnG's? Right now it's next to impossible as I'm only playing ~25 $2 tourneys per day. But once I move up to the $5 it will be a little easier to hit the bottom level if not shoot for the mid level stuff. Or is clearing the bonus going to be kind of tough to do?

It is if you can play enough to make it without losing money because of the added volume.

As for clearing the bonus you'll be able to clear the level you hit with just a bit more than the volume it took to get you there.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, then that makes it worth it. I'm at 6 tables now and usually 4 sets a day, sometimes 5. By the time I move to the 5's I'm hoping to be at 8, maybe 10, tables and same amount of sets. So that wouldn't be too hard to pull off.

Iron Poker - Titan Poker Deutsch