Iron Man: Use it, it's free!!!

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But TPC, one question. You said the Happy Hour points don't count towards the IM. Does this mean that both pts don't count, or just the Happy Hour point? In other words, if you play during HH and make 100pts consisting of 50 regular pts and 50 HH bonus pts, do you still get credit in IM for 50 pts?

Yes, in that scenario you would get the regular 50pts for Iron Man.

And thanks in advance for putting together a Full Tilt Academy thread.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, in that scenario you would get the regular 50pts for Iron Man.

And thanks in advance for putting together a Full Tilt Academy thread.

Thanks. And np, but it will only be if I can get the time to. I went from dead to busy overnight it seems. But I'll try.:D

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I got the time (although my hands feel like they are on fire) so I put it to use trying to explain the FTPA or full tilt poker Academy. If you want to view it, you can check out this link.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great post! I always thought that the iron day and iron month calendar things were actually calendars you bought for your home/office or whatever LOL...thanks for clearing that up.

I really need to start taking advantage of the iron man instead of forgetting about it like last month....
Iron:mad: Looks a little crazy..and I was pretty close to at least bronze it looks like.

I have been short by a day or two from forgetting to play and take advantage of iron man, wish I had known that I could use those iron days for last month.. I even sometimes will stop playing at 49 points or so without realizing it...silly me.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I get the $100 bonus does it affect my MGR? AKA will I only be netting $73 since I will lose $27 in rakeback?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I get the $100 bonus does it affect my MGR? AKA will I only be netting $73 since I will lose $27 in rakeback?

Iron Man bonus doesn't affect MGR.

To clarify, the end of / mid year bonuses do not effect your rb. The bonuses you buy from the IM store do effect your MGR.

R

rollnutilt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome post! I now understand what iron man is for and I never really looked at it in that point of view. Thanks for helping me to understand and that is another goal to aim for:D.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright thats what I thought, I just wasn't 100% sure. I only have 729 medals anyways...so not enough to buy that $600 I have my eye on! Or well....my $438 bonus (if i did my math in my head right)

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually like to buy the IM bonuses in the same months as the end of / mid year bonuses because they can be cleared concurrently. It's like getting twice the bonus for 1/2 the grind and only one hits your MGR.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks, this all makes it a lot clearer. I haven't read enough about it before to even bother trying.

M

MaxiRodriguez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What sort of player numbers are in the bronze, silver, gold and ironman freerolls respectively?
I Was wondering if it was worth taking a stab at these or just taking the extra points.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no clue, I've always taken the extra medals.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're a decent MTT player i think its way better to play in the tournament. The amount of spots that pay out compared to the number of players that actually remember to play in the tournament are pretty good. You can check the completed tournaments thing on FT to see how many players were in each of the tournaments the previous month.

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must admit I did not see that promotion, so thanks to your post, I'm gonna have a look to check if I can use it.

Thanks for this information !

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must admit I did not see that promotion, so thanks to your post, I'm gonna have a look to check if I can use it.

Thanks for this information !

Iron Man isn't a promotion, but an ongoing perk that FT does. Kind of like pokerstars' Super Nova Elite program but easier to reach. And anyone who plays cash games or cash tourneys is eligible to participate in IM.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iron Man isn't a promotion, but an ongoing perk that FT does. Kind of like PokerStars' Super Nova Elite program but easier to reach. And anyone who plays cash games or cash tourneys is eligible to participate in IM.

True, but you must opt into it. On PokerStars, you don't have to opt in.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the bonuses that are paid every 6 months, do you have to hold atleast bronze level for the entire 6 months to be eligible?

...or could I start now and get a $100 bonus at the midyear payout for making silver in May and June only.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the bonuses that are paid every 6 months, do you have to hold atleast bronze level for the entire 6 months to be eligible?

...or could I start now and get a $100 bonus at the midyear payout for making silver in May and June only.

You don't have to hold any IM status throughout but you do have to get IM in the month before the bonus. So you could get silver in January and as long as you get at least bronze in June you'd get the bonus (in this example it would be $75).

So yeah, May and June silvers would be worth $100 in July. Get May only though and you get nothing in July.

Hope that makes sense.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it does, thank you. Well your explanation makes sense, not sure FullTilt's reasoning does. Guess its so they're rewarding currently active players only, but seems strange you could play five straight months, miss one and get nothing...while your first + last month example would qualify.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, it's a little weird but that's the way they do it. Luckily getting bronze is pretty easy at most limits.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I had no clue that you had to play the current month to get the mid-year bonus. I qualified (at least bronze) March, April, and May last year, but did not play at all in June. I came back in July to check on the bonus and realized that I didn't get anything. It sucked. This year I'm going to make sure I play in June, because I have gold in February, March, and April so far. Iron still eludes me.

norriscjn

norriscjn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did the iron man thing for awhile. Didnt find it helpfull for my bankroll. I would try to play too many games and get tired and therefor lose

Douggyfr3sh

Douggyfr3sh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I qualified for Ironman this month for the first time. I will make gold today, and plan on making Iron by the end of the month. See ya in the freeroll!!

Attachments

• iron month 1.jpg
    iron month 1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 207
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did they elminate the cash bonuses? I can find no mention of them at the site and when you click on the end of year bonus it says it is no longer being offered.

From the best I can tell you can only earn medals and play in freerolls now.

I made silver and if I keep at it will make gold on Tuesday - but can they make it more confusing?

Iron Poker - Titan Poker Deutsch