How are Merge sites handling the upgrade?

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Black chip poker is working fine...except for the deposit option, which is the most important thing lol

JamesDaBear

JamesDaBear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's also saying today is Wednesday. For example, it says the CardsChat Carbon Freeroll happens today at 12:00.

JamesDaBear

JamesDaBear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Made it to the final table of a $5 PLO SNG freeroll on Hero, no final table change. It looked just like the rest of the tables did, disappointing. But I won it, first game i entered so maybe thats a good sign this software likes me. Also cant see my account balance in the lobby and yet to figure out how to change seats at the table..

You have to manually set it to show the account balance in the lobby. There are a lot of new settings under settings. You can also just click underneath the Deposit button and it will take you straight to it.

xUnrated

xUnrated

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you.
another problem im having in one of my games, just a single one its acting like i have a terrible connection. Its timing all the way down before my moves are executed and sometimes its just timing out. Like I had Ace king, a SS shoved.. i shoved over top but it timed out on me before it did what I said to do, very frustrating.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Carbon calculator and hud also does not work.

The filter for finished and in progress exclusion doesn't work on the sub $1 games

JamesDaBear

JamesDaBear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not adjusting well to the Game Filter and Game Selector.

The Game Filter shows all the games, but doesn't let me just see Private, Special, Satellite, etc.

The Game Selector let's me the different subsets of tournaments, but only lets me view one variant at a time (NLHE, Omaha, O/8, Stud, etc.).

It makes it so you can't just view all of the private tournaments, for example, on one screen, and I'd like to be able to do that.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The filters are something we will need to learn how to use.

So far, what I have learned is this is much better than yesterdays version.:cool:

If anyone finds something akin to "My Games" or "My Tournaments" please post.

And, FWIW, CC games are not private, they are special.

Also it might make us sane now, I did change my lobby clock to EST.

Last edited:
blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Extremely slow at carbon. I can't play.

Also, they took away the mini version of the tables? I loved it becuz of the simple interface. I could just choose mini and then drag to enlarge the window. In this setting, no avatars are displayed and the fonts and card sizes are huge, which I like.

L

luckyhearts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
update...tried to play a hu sng.....omg I emailed support said I wanted a refund, times out every time, its horrible, the freeroll tonight is gonna be a fuster cluck! gl us.

JamesDaBear

JamesDaBear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And, FWIW, CC games are not private, they are special.

FWIW... I wasn't just talking about CC games. I play many, many private games. Also FWIW... On BCP, the CC games are under Special. On Carbon, they're under private. Either way... Same concept applies to both Private games and Special games, Satellites, etc.

If you try to sort by them using the Game Selector, you can't see all the tournaments together. They're separated by variant. As someone who plays all the games, I want to see them all in the same place. For example, I should be able to see all the Omaha and Hold'em satellites coming up on the same screen. They need an "All" option under the tournament tab or let me select multiple variants.

smokeme

smokeme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol sigh. i lost like 3 big blinds and dint even get to act. haha just kept timing out.. foreals hope our freeroll goes well. guess its gona take awhile for them to get the kinks out.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Things are running smoothly on Carbon as of now!

JamesDaBear

JamesDaBear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BlackChipPoker Facebook Updates

via BCP's FB

The upgrade is complete. Thanks for your patience and we apologise it took longer than expected. Enjoy the new features. Keep in mind many things which would previously have been in player admin or cashier can now be accessed directly from the top menu.

The techs are still trying to iron out all issues with the new software. Please stand by, we will post here when that's complete.

C

cheaptrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really hate it so far. going to take awhile to get use to the new software, if ever.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How are Merge sites handling the upgrade?
I can answer that one... Not very well. To say tha least...
random crashes, jscript errors, unresponsive tables, table filters/sorting options don't work as they should, etc...

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Carbon, three critical factors are not their.

Poker notes on tables, ie edit function.

Poker notes on edit friends function which appears to no longer exist.

Worst of all HUD is dead.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Carbon, three critical factors are not their.

Poker notes on tables, ie edit function.

Poker notes on edit friends function which appears to no longer exist.

Worst of all HUD is dead.
I definitely agree about the HUD. When I attempted to start it the client crashed, not the HUD mind you... lol... As for the others, I never even made it that far to test them...:rolleyes:

Danilo

Danilo

5am Club
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Carbon Poker lobby is very slow, with much lag when i record in a tournamente SNG, 7 registered players appear, then 3, then none, and finally when you open the table, you can not play, just stay sitting out all the time, terrible .. :argh:

T

thejuanupsman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon is not running smoothly for me. When I try to register for tournaments nothing happens. I don't see the all of the tournaments I usually play and I personally find the new look to be ugly.

But I always hate new upgrades.

azskye

azskye

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon is now frozen!! Played 2 SNGs and have waited for a 3rd to start now for over 45 mins. (edit: They just cancelled the game!!)

I use Mac OS X 10.6.8 and ABHOR this new software!! Nothing works -- no right-click, no tags, no notes, the tournie sheets offer a chance to open them, but before I can even read or register, a different window has popped open, and I wind up reg'd for the wrong tournie!

I want and need Ver. 5 back NOW!!!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OOOOPS, Merge is Not Ready FOr Prime time :eek:

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup I was up 40k in an 11$ MTT. We were playing 3 handed for about an hour cus the they were not transfering and balancing tables.No refund yet but I am very dissapointed.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
CardsChat freeroll on BCP was just shutdown by an administrator.

I was in a tourney earlier and it was painfully slow. I did get all my monies refunded to my account. Jury is out on this one.

azskye

azskye

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it's now down for maintenance again - 2 hours and 4 mins. is the official time!! Great ......

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands