How are Merge sites handling the upgrade?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Update did nothing to fix the lobby lag.

P

poker d player

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the tourneys were affected with the problems detailed ITT.

However, this morning, a large client side upgrade listed many of these issues as fixed. We will see.

Horse freeroll at 10 EST is my test.

It should be noted that a whole lot of world wide players must be feeling the same. For months this HORSE freeroll started with 2700+ players, and since the 6.0 upgrade, that number is about half what it was.:(

I played in this event as well. Tho they have fixed some of the problems with the software I still don't see any improvements over the old software and still far less functional, user friendly. One thing I noticed today is that the new way they are displaying the cards in non holdem games is really ugly and distracting (in stud games) it goes from very wide display of the 1st 3 cards in stud and then compresses/overlaps cards as more come .... very strange looking if you have seen it.

P

poker d player

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally with the update (at least BCP) they made instant hand history available with one click, no more searching for the table then through the hands

At least they did this (finally..) How this wasn't initially set up this way is beyond me. Really makes you wonder if the tech people actually play poker or used the software prior to releasing it.

Mentor

Mentor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you are confused.

Uh, thanks for clarifying. No one ever mentioned deposit bonuses. I was responding to this -- "games like ($500 added $2.20 buyin) are handled like a FR"

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Uh, thanks for clarifying. No one ever mentioned deposit bonuses. I was responding to this -- "games like ($500 added $2.20 buyin) are handled like a FR"

OK, now I figured out what confuses you. On the day of the big upgrade, many tourneys started, and then the site crashed big time. THe discussion at that point was about how Merge would handle the crashed tourney re-reimbursements.

Best to totally ignore it lest your (and my) head burst.:eek:

seqas

seqas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is there any one else feeling annoyed by the Preferred Seating thingy?
i liked the old alot more the new is awful.

today when i played i didnt experience any lag but seeing now its not fixed yet
maybe i was just lucky :p

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK gang, this one is really bizarre lol. Before I post the passwords, I always check to make sure they work and the tourneys are in place and all. After that I deregister, log out and go on my merry way. Lately I've been tracking the registrations for the BCL buy-in on Sundays. Just did that now and BCP won't load--I checked my Windows Task Manager and the software is not shown as running. Good thing I wasn't planning on playing today. Guess I'll reboot my computer...

BCP BS

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also don't like the new seating. That AND how long it takes to update a tournament lobby. Other than those few things it's running pretty good.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK gang, this one is really bizarre lol. Before I post the passwords, I always check to make sure they work and the tourneys are in place and all. After that I deregister, log out and go on my merry way. Lately I've been tracking the registrations for the BCL buy-in on Sundays. Just did that now and BCP won't load--I checked my Windows Task Manager and the software is not shown as running. Good thing I wasn't planning on playing today. Guess I'll reboot my computer...
Do you have any other Merge client open, like Carbon? You'll get that error if *any* Merge client is open when you try to run another. And if one crashed or didn't close completely, it may still have remnants running. The Merge process is "client.exe" but it could potentially have DLLs or other dependencies loaded and hung.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you have any other Merge client open, like Carbon? You'll get that error if *any* Merge client is open when you try to run another. And if one crashed or didn't close completely, it may still have remnants running. The Merge process is "client.exe" but it could potentially have DLLs or other dependencies loaded and hung.

No, I didn't have any Merge sites open. Must have been those pesky other dependencies. The restart cleared up the problem. For future reference, is there an alternative way to clearing out whatever is hung like that? Thanks d'mo--I always learn something from your responses. :)

Danilo

Danilo

5am Club
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I didn't have any Merge sites open. Must have been those pesky other dependencies. The restart cleared up the problem. For future reference, is there an alternative way to clearing out whatever is hung like that? Thanks d'mo--I always learn something from your responses. :)

Sometimes the icon of Carbon Poker is the lower right corner of the PC, even after the software is closed, i click the right mouse button on "exit" and the software shuts down completely ...

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From today's experience, the lobby lag issues is much better.

Horse freeroll, approximately 1500 players, and as long as I closed down the lobby each time I looked, and not just shrank it, it seemed to be almost timely enough. Not perfect, like say Stars, but decent enough so that I might consider returning to tourney play on Merge.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands