Globalpoker

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why don't the other poker sites just flip to sweeps cash or something like that so we can play , any one have any thoughts on that
I was wondering the same thing yesterday and saw this on their FAQ page. (https://globalpoker.com/page/faq).
So why can't other poker companies implement the same Sweepstakes model?

1. Our Patent: Global Poker has a comprehensive Patent Protection Pending on this unique business model.
2. Regulatory & Partner risks: Our competitors, particularly those with regulated gambling businesses, are generally reluctant to explore innovative models that are not considered “mainstream”. This extends to key marketing, distribution and payment processing partners, who competitors would need to satisfy as to the legitimacy of their business model, a process which has taken Global Poker several years.
3. Technology & Operations: The technology required to operate a real money sweepstakes prize platform is very different to that of a virtual currency only game, requiring far more robust, secure and thorough gameplay and reporting functionality. Operations supporting real prize gaming are also very different to games companies, as the payments, fraud and customer service profiles are very different.

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GLOBAL POKER?

has anyone here played at global poker?

What are your initial thoughts? How would you compare global poker to other sites like ignition or ACR? What are some pros and cons? And what are some things you would note to first time clients before they start playing on global poker?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I see it advertising with banners all over the place have not tried it so interested on others thoughts as well.

D

danny cook

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Global poker.

I don't like the way they do business. And they are very slow about paying you.

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see it advertising with banners all over the place have not tried it so interested on others thoughts as well.

Actual banners in real life? or website banners?

I see their ads on Instagram and Facebook. But never seen an actual real life banner.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Website banners I was referring to
Actual banners in real life? or website banners?

I see their ads on Instagram and Facebook. But never seen an actual real life banner.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good hand know precisely how you respond only played poker star but I think it has no difference is poker poker

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
has anyone here played at global poker?

What are your initial thoughts? How would you compare global poker to other sites like Ignition or ACR? What are some pros and cons? And what are some things you would note to first time clients before they start playing on global poker?
Pros:
paypal

Cons:
Browser based - actually not too bad once you get used to it, as long as you don't want to play more than a couple tables at a time

Lack of rakeback/reward system

Not sure about support as I haven't attempted a withdrawal yet but the couple of times I've contacted them I've found them friendly and responsive.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This site needs to be shut down , and have a separate site really look into and test there RNG, no way they either have on or it works, I heard theres a lot of fish, so I been playing for awhile on there, but not any more, it just doesn't add up You will see a lot of people questioning this site, and not all from players that are just bad, a lot these players seemed to have a decent game and patience , I feel like I was cheated thats how bad my several sessions ive played, I stuck with it longer than I should have because the fish are every where and gave variance a chance, but no way its legit or fair, anyways before you play there just watch the rooms and how it deals and the hand of players constantly getting runner , anyways just be careful and do the research, before you deposit .

Pico Wilson

Pico Wilson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
GP

I've had no issues, and can confirm that the payout is quick.

It's a far cry from the real money sites of 10 years ago, but the play is good.

No rewards, and very little going on beyond actual play. SnG's are a little limited, but plenty of cash games.

K

KitaMB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is Global no longer allowing PayPal as a deposit option?

Haven't played in a long while after cashing out so decided to get back in and play, but when I clicked to deposit it only came up with a Credit Card option.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is Global no longer allowing PayPal as a deposit option?

Haven't played in a long while after cashing out so decided to get back in and play, but when I clicked to deposit it only came up with a Credit Card option.
Not sure what you're looking at. Maybe the credit card information on your Paypal account?

K

KitaMB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what you're looking at. Maybe the credit card information on your Paypal account?

It's a screen I've never seen before ... so I'm not sure what I'm seeing! But Paypal balance is NOT an option with what I'm looking at. I'll go in to my paypal account directly and see if I can solve it that way.

J

Joey1998

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's true. I did make a lot of withdrawls over the past several months, but I have been involved in a lot of crazy hands that made me wonder.

J

Joey1998

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro: many fish
Con: very unpredictable, even sketchy. They changed their deposit/ withdrawl system and since, I have yet to receive my latest withdrawl

MisterLongFace

MisterLongFace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing on Global poker for a long time now and cashed out many times

I had read somewhere that Global is about to expand their payment and payout options

soon after I got an email from them saying I have been selected to be using the new payment features

best I can tell from the explanation, you will be able to purchase with MC/visa and payouts will be cashed to your bank account

so last saturday 6/16 i initiated another withdraw. I had no option to choose paypal this time. i got an email and had to ID verification again like when i did first withdrawal

difference this time I needed to send bank account information also

on the 19th i got email it was processed and payout is on its way. so at the moment I'm waiting for it it to show up

I'm hoping when this is done I can email them back and ask that I can still have the option for paypal in the future

i am admittedly speaking from total ignorance on Global's plans, but I get the feeling they may be looking to drop Paypal altogether (though I hope not) because that was the initial appeal why I signed up there

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wasn't aware of the new payment feature and wasn't one of the ones selected to test it. I did get an email that they were now switching to it tho. It is now the only option I see.

K

KitaMB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
... I get the feeling they may be looking to drop Paypal altogether (though I hope not) because that was the initial appeal why I signed up there

Wow, dropping paypal, certainly won't be expanding their options. And yeah, that was the appeal for me playing there as well.

Wilfram

Wilfram

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dropping PayPal? Withdrawals straight to bank account? Unheard of in post-Black Friday USA. Can anyone explain to me how they can remain legal if this speculation is true? I don't think they'll be able to use the "sweeps cash" excuse for much longer. I play on their site though, and wish them luck with their future.

MisterLongFace

MisterLongFace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my understanding is they are operating in conformance with US sweepstakes law. they are located in the US and process payments in the US

so if they are operating legally in the US then it wouldn't make a difference how they pay you. those were/are issues of non-US poker sites

if someone won a sweepstakes in the US for example, they could pay you by check, or electronic check to your bank. it wouldn't matter

and they can and were using Paypal, the potential issue there was Paypal is a separate financial entity that could of its own volition decide it has a problem with it, even in spite of Global continuing to operate in conformance with US Sweepstakes law

so it is better for them and the players in the long run it seems, to make this move

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are they going to start adding other forms of deposit and withdrawal now also?

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That stinks to hear that it sounds like they are dropping paypal. I recently just came across this room and was thinking of joining for that reason alone. I will now, for sure, wait on doing so to see if they paypal option remains or is going away.

W

wampole

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was surprised that they were able to use paypal that long. Even if they are within the law paypal steers very clear of anything even borderline.

K

KitaMB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got the "official" e-mail notification that, as of June 30th, Global is no longer accepting paypal as a deposit option.

That's fine and all, except for the fact that they stopped accepting paypal long before June 30th. Would love to make one last deposit but do not have a credit card eligible to use.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I signed up with them last night.
I bought $100 worth of gold coins with my Visa credit card from Wells Fargo.
The first attempt failed, but then I got a text message from my bank asking me if the transaction was legit. I confirmed it. I was then instructed by my bank that it was okay to go ahead with the transaction. I went back to global poker and tried again and the purchase was made.