GGPoker Poker Official Thread

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
See GGPoker roulette at Spin & Gold and there's theft on the face!Brake or accelerate and when it reaches the Sicane give back or forward depending on the prize!The Roulette Needle should only go forward Roulette Needle should only go forward not backward! !remove those sicans because players feel they are being stolen!
Had a hard time understanding what u mean but:

Sites do this to bring some excitement/tension to rec players. It has nothing to do with theft lol. Just dont watch the animation if u cant take it and only watch when the final pricepool is revealed. Never heard of a roulette needle. What u see is a spin with a needle and not a roulette table.

Ps: What do u expect a rep of a pokersite is telling u regarding this?

"Ok cardschat member brigistul. Yep its theft and since u are not happy with that animation i will instantly get in touch with the tech department and we will change this as soon as possible."

Is it that?

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,
I've been reading stuff at GG reddit & elsewhere regarding this week's announcement about 3rd party tools.
Although it's been suggested it is very clear it seems it might not be in regards to PokerTracker 4 & HoldemManager.
Most MTT players are playing on more than one poker site at the same time (yes, even us recreational players), mostly so that I can play games that are of equal buy-in value/structure at approx. the same starting time. And, many of these players are using PT4 or HEM while playing on sites that allow it (ie. Pokerstars, 888poker, ACR). As far as I know, both PT4 & HEM don't work on GGPoker so there's no risk of players using them on there (please correct me if I'm wrong). With the latest announcement by GG, would all of these players be banned for even having the PT4 software open while also playing in tournaments on GG? (it's obviously not an issue for cash game players because there's usually no need to play on multiple sites simultaneously when playing cash tables).

(if this ^ is the case), I'm curious as to why? If the software doesn't work/can't be used on GG, what difference would it make if it were open while the player(s) were also playing on other sites? (some players have said it's a way in which GG is attempting to become a monopoly and drive players away from playing on their competition's sites).
First the elimination of Sharkscope :( (which fwiw seemed senseless when it could've just been blocked similarly to how Pokerstars has done this, which keeps everyone happy AND has everyone feeling more confident that the site is safe/secure)
And now this with PT4/HEM too?

Why?
I saw videos about this on Youtube several years ago, so I think, its nothing new? But of course still completely unreasonable to ban people for having software running on their computer, which dont even work on GG Poker. So I would also be very interested in hearing an explanation for this from the GG Poker representative :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I saw videos about this on Youtube several years ago, so I think, its nothing new? But of course still completely unreasonable to ban people for having software running on their computer, which dont even work on GG Poker. So I would also be very interested in hearing an explanation for this from the GG Poker representative :)
Do you ever check stuff on 'X' (twitter)? Although this was in TOS in the past with GG but was never acted on afaik, but this most recent stuff is VERY new.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you ever check stuff on 'X' (twitter)? Although this was in TOS in the past with GG but was never acted on afaik, but this most recent stuff is VERY new.
I actually dont use X (twitter) on a regular basis, and even less inclined to start doing it now, that it has been taken over by the lunatic Elon Musk ;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I actually dont use X (twitter) on a regular basis, and even less inclined to start doing it now, that it has been taken over by the lunatic Elon Musk ;)
It's a good spot to find out about current events in poker community... many of the pros (online & live), poker sites, are posting on there regularly. (ie. Brazilian players accounts being hacked on Stars) Or to follow friends when they're playing tournaments, etc. etc.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi,
I've been reading stuff at GG reddit & elsewhere regarding this week's announcement about 3rd party tools.
Although it's been suggested it is very clear it seems it might not be in regards to PokerTracker 4 & HoldemManager.
Most MTT players are playing on more than one poker site at the same time (yes, even us recreational players), mostly so that I can play games that are of equal buy-in value/structure at approx. the same starting time. And, many of these players are using PT4 or HEM while playing on sites that allow it (ie. Pokerstars, 888poker, ACR). As far as I know, both PT4 & HEM don't work on GGPoker so there's no risk of players using them on there (please correct me if I'm wrong). With the latest announcement by GG, would all of these players be banned for even having the PT4 software open while also playing in tournaments on GG? (it's obviously not an issue for cash game players because there's usually no need to play on multiple sites simultaneously when playing cash tables).

(if this ^ is the case), I'm curious as to why? If the software doesn't work/can't be used on GG, what difference would it make if it were open while the player(s) were also playing on other sites? (some players have said it's a way in which GG is attempting to become a monopoly and drive players away from playing on their competition's sites).
First the elimination of Sharkscope :( (which fwiw seemed senseless when it could've just been blocked similarly to how Pokerstars has done this, which keeps everyone happy AND has everyone feeling more confident that the site is safe/secure)
And now this with PT4/HEM too?

Why?
How elegant to be able to ask... What the hell are you (from GGpoker) trying to do?!

It makes no sense! ... They want us to stop using a program that doesn't work in their software?
This is so, so pathetic that even if the owner of GG gave me 1 million dollars it still wouldn't enter my head.

I don't know if you've noticed but the WPT has a similar policy.
Last month you couldn't buy-in to games if you didn't turn off the HUD (in my case hand2note).
And although today we can buy-in with the HUD open, this still violates their rules.
Well, after questioning their support they simply told me to review the "Terms and Conditions, specifically in section 34 under HUDS: display Player information, you can find a comprehensive list of software that is not permissible for our players."

But of course I didn't care, even at the risk of having my incredible 20 dollars confiscated! haha
Again... If the shitty software doesn't run on their website why do they want to restrict us?!

"Something's wrong, it's not right"

😂

Sir Shove a Lot

Sir Shove a Lot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Can someone explain this to me please? On March 6th I sent the following email to GG Poker support:
"Hi, I multitable (usually 4) cash games. I cannot get Smart Focus to work at all. Hot keys only work if I move my mouse pointer over a table which rather defeats the whole object of hot keys. Is it just me or is this some kind of known glitch. I only multitable on my desktop PC running Win 10."

I got the answer yesterday evening:
Thank you for contacting GGPoker Support.
Smart Focus is the assistant feature, for both the mobile and desktop app.
When you are playing more than one table at the same time(Multi-Table), Smart Focus automatically change the table whereby tables that require action will automatically be brought to the foreground.
5cd1c4b322a4b.png

Please be reminded that if you move the table by your action, Smart Focus won't change the table automatically, until you make an action on the moved table.

*You can disable the Smart Focus in the Settings.

5cd1c4b380e19.png

For further assistance, please don't hesitate to email us."

I don't understand what he is trying to say!! Can anyone help me please?
Thanks.

A

Aaldert92

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

(I am not sure this is the right place but I dont know where else to ask this)
I got banned from GG for no apparent reason about a week ago. Is there a way to get in touch with support to resolve the issue? I have send an email to the security team but they still haven't responded. I am reading a lot of stories op people with the same issue, that never got a response, just banned without explanation.
I have read the GGpoker TOS and I am still baffled as to why I am banned.

Thanks in advance

Highfish

Highfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I actually wanted to give GG a try.

Since I live in germany and therefore have to suffer from the regulatory fury of German politics, which of course also affects poker playing, I had to realize after I had informed myself in detail that playing on GG is totally unprofitable for Germans.
While other poker sites have implemented the regulations in such a way that German players have been stripped of their rakeback and the rake has been increased, GG has taken a completely different approach.

Every time you leave a cash game table with a win, or finish in the money in a tournament, a hefty tax is automatically deducted.
An absolute no-go for any serious player.

So no GG for me.

GGPokerFeargal

GGPokerFeargal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Hi,

(I am not sure this is the right place but I dont know where else to ask this)
I got banned from GG for no apparent reason about a week ago. Is there a way to get in touch with support to resolve the issue? I have send an email to the security team but they still haven't responded. I am reading a lot of stories op people with the same issue, that never got a response, just banned without explanation.
I have read the GGpoker TOS and I am still baffled as to why I am banned.

Thanks in advance
Hi there. If you have not already, please send an email to help@ggpoker.com. The team there will assist you.

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Why are there no more daily CardChat tournaments?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How elegant to be able to ask... What the hell are you (from GGpoker) trying to do?!

It makes no sense! ... They want us to stop using a program that doesn't work in their software?
This is so, so pathetic that even if the owner of GG gave me 1 million dollars it still wouldn't enter my head.

I don't know if you've noticed but the WPT has a similar policy.
Last month you couldn't buy-in to games if you didn't turn off the HUD (in my case hand2note).
And although today we can buy-in with the HUD open, this still violates their rules.
Well, after questioning their support they simply told me to review the "Terms and Conditions, specifically in section 34 under HUDS: display Player information, you can find a comprehensive list of software that is not permissible for our players."

But of course I didn't care, even at the risk of having my incredible 20 dollars confiscated! haha
Again... If the shitty software doesn't run on their website why do they want to restrict us?!

"Something's wrong, it's not right"

😂

I wasn't aware of this. Thank-you for informing me. I'm thinking the only reason I wouldn't have had PT4 open while playing on WPT is because that site is such a huge resource hog that I don't even like to play on it at all if I'm playing on other sites. (fries my computer!). I only play on there late at night (right now) to qualify for the weekly game on Sunday.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are there no more daily CardChat tournaments?
Because they made a business decision. It's a calculation where the profit is made, and this promotion seemed to be not profitable enough for GG.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi GGPoker Support members,

I have a suggestion for Pokercraft.

I can download there in my timeline all pictures(trophy pictures) for my MT Tournaments and Battle Royal Tournaments.

What I miss is this option for Spin&Go tournaments, these tournament pictures are (sadly) not listed there.

I hope that there is a chance to implement that in further versions.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Never before has my commercial anti-virus alerted during GG client use, but today was the day.
GG client was updating itself for a long time before opening.

F-Secure blocked GGnet.exe twice during the start up, again 11 minutes later, and again another 11 minutes later.
Blocking this file had no effect on game play.

Screenshot 5

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Someone just sent me T$5 on BetKings. Thanks whoever who did it, I don't know why I deserved it :p