Chips
R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
888 Poker is very good in terms of freerolls. I think write to customer service again, they will answer sooner or later. I think you just have to prove that you are a real customer.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes.

But... The thread was not about an amount, but a business model and reliability, and customer service.

I only say this because your post has a bit of an implied agenda. If not, why are you referring to the amount of my account, which has, up until now, not been the issue?

One would hope that even a billion dollar business model would still offer satisfactory customer service to a client of 10 years as in my case, (or of 10 days) even if the account at the moment is not a large one.

Or, what WAS your point?

Wow so you are making such noise for that small of an amount when all u had to do was opening a new account under .de? they already got ur data so whats the problem exactly? You could also cash out your money before the new regulations took place no?

I mean i know a bit where your frustration is coming from since i dealt with 888 support in the past too but i think you are overreacting a bit giving out "warnings" here in the forum since they obv did not steal your money. Its good that a Mod (?) changed the title by now imo.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very strange everything for fletchdad and cip15.
I am also from Germany and so far 888 is still working for me. Now I worry, as I really liked to play there, acutally. And of course I am wondering, if I should withdraw my funds there...

I have been looking (albeit not very hard) for the new restrictions of a German 888 account. The way I heard it from another player here in Munich is that the worldwide player pool no longer exists for German players. Since you still are playing there, what is your take on 888 under the new rules? And how large is the average playing field now as compared to a year or 2 ago?

If 888 does make their assurance of my payout good, I would still want to play there, but I will not do so until I am employed again. The whole SCHUFA thing is a clusterfuk and the fact that one MUST register through them would be the main factor, right now, that would lead me to say "No thanks".

SCHUFA is not an 888 thing. But it puts a bad shadow on wanting to open an account there. I still have my starts account, and didn't have to do anything, so I am not sure what the deal with SCHUFA and 888 is, but it is certainly (I could imagine at least) NOT at 888s request. Why they, and not other rooms, (I also still have my BCP account), have to do this I do not understand.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow so you are making such noise for that small of an amount when all u had to do was opening a new account under .de? they already got ur data so whats the problem exactly? You could also cash out your money before the new regulations took place no?

I mean i know a bit where your frustration is coming from since i dealt with 888 support in the past too but i think you are overreacting a bit giving out "warnings" here in the forum since they obv did not steal your money. Its good that a Mod (?) changed the title by now imo.

Do you work for them or just not like me?

Your obvious irritation at my posts, and your "opinion" of what I should be posting - or not posting, and your ignoring of most of the points I made - especially my explaining why I no longer want to play there - makes me think you might have some kind of agenda.

If you are just a troll looking to start shit with strangers on the internet, that would also be an explanation. Who knows? Or you just like to belittle people who cannot afford to just say "Oh, only 46 dollars. Who cares". I am happy for you that you can chastise someone for feeling this is an amount worth fighting for because you are obviously financially above me....... And you apparently do not mind letting me know it. Good for you............

All bolded and italics in your quote have been addressed and explained, which will explain my reasoning behind my words. I already wrote them in previous posts (which you replied to???), and perhaps, as I already mentioned to you, you should read the posts you are responding to......

I do agree that the title change is now very suitable to the way the situation has played out so far.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way I heard it from another player here in Munich is that the worldwide player pool no longer exists for German players.

Are you sure about this? There are still german players on the international pokerstars site under the new regulation.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you sure about this? There are still german players on the international PokerStars site under the new regulation.

No I am not sure. But I play at stars, so I know about that. I was only referring to 888 and their player pool. I was told by someone that 888 is no longer international, but since "I was told" I am not sure if there is any truth to that. I was not making a statement but asking if anyone knows for sure.

S

Stollpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
partypoker did the same thing when the regulations changed. I had to register a german account the the funds were transfferred. But I got an e-mail about it there.

I think the mail to inform you beforehand was lost somewhere.
But other then that this is a normal process that Partypoker also went trought.

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
no problems at all with 888

I am also from Germany and had never problems with 888 poker..

very friendly, many freerolls, fast payouts :)

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I have been looking (albeit not very hard) for the new restrictions of a German 888 account. The way I heard it from another player here in Munich is that the worldwide player pool no longer exists for German players. Since you still are playing there, what is your take on 888 under the new rules? And how large is the average playing field now as compared to a year or 2 ago?

If 888 does make their assurance of my payout good, I would still want to play there, but I will not do so until I am employed again. The whole SCHUFA thing is a clusterfuk and the fact that one MUST register through them would be the main factor, right now, that would lead me to say "No thanks".

SCHUFA is not an 888 thing. But it puts a bad shadow on wanting to open an account there. I still have my starts account, and didn't have to do anything, so I am not sure what the deal with SCHUFA and 888 is, but it is certainly (I could imagine at least) NOT at 888s request. Why they, and not other rooms, (I also still have my BCP account), have to do this I do not understand.
Hi fletchdad,
somehow it worked relative smooth for me to let them transfer my former 888 account to a 888.de account. At the beginning the VIP level was removed, but even this they gave back to me after I wrote to the 888 rep here after a while.
Well, I also had to send a copy of my passport again and as it seems, they got the Schufa confirmation automatically, because I have a regular job and income. I know things can be different without this, when you are unemployed, artist or self-employed. Then the proofs that you need from the Schufa can be more difficult to get. I am not sure how other rooms deal with this, honestly. But I guess, in such cases you will need to get in contact with the Schufa and proof, that you have sufficient money on your bank account and so on, when the Schufa can't retreive these data automatically and pass it to 888.

About the player pool I just can say, that I am still able to play with the international players as before. Maybe there are less Germans meanwhile there because of this, but I hardly realise this. In my opinion there are often not sooo many players for the SNGs, that I usually like, but the freerolls there are still very good attended. And the few players at SNGs was already before somehow.

I just wish you good luck to get your stuff sorted somehow with 888 and I hope,
you will be able soon again to play there as well again.

Last edited:
zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have heard other instances similar to this one, I won't repeat the details because I heard them secondhand, but there are similar problems. I have never had a problem with 888 so I can't complain, but I hope anyone who does can get help sorting it out.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi fletchdad,
somehow it worked relative smooth for me to let them transfer my former 888 account to a 888.de account. At the beginning the VIP level was removed, but even this they gave back to me after I wrote to the 888 rep here after a while.
Well, I also had to send a copy of my passport again and as it seems, they got the Schufa confirmation automatically, because I have a regular job and income. I know things can be different without this, when you are unemployed, artist or self-employed. Then the proofs that you need from the Schufa can be more difficult to get. I am not sure how other rooms deal with this, honestly. But I guess, in such cases you will need to get in contact with the Schufa and proof, that you have sufficient money on your bank account and so on, when the Schufa can't retreive these data automatically and pass it to 888.

About the player pool I just can say, that I am still able to play with the international players as before. Maybe there are less Germans meanwhile there because of this, but I hardly realise this. In my opinion there are often not sooo many players for the SNGs, that I usually like, but the freerolls there are still very good attended. And the few players at SNGs was already before somehow.

I just wish you good luck to get your stuff sorted somehow with 888 and I hope,
you will be able soon again to play there as well again.

Thanks for the detailed message. I appreciate it.

Yea, I am a musician in the pandemic, so I am not gonna open the can of worms that asking SCHUFA to approve what, in their eyes. is essentially a gambling account. Since you are here as well, you possibly know that even a misunderstanding with SCHUFA can turn into a bureaucratic nightmare, so as an unemployed musician, who has received (albeit only a pittance) financial support from the state, for me to now ask "permission" to "gamble", well, I think you see my point.

Its a shame cause 888 was hands down my favorite site as far as soft games go.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, I am a musician in the pandemic, so I am not gonna open the can of worms that asking SCHUFA to approve what, in their eyes. is essentially a gambling account. Since you are here as well, you possibly know that even a misunderstanding with SCHUFA can turn into a bureaucratic nightmare, so as an unemployed musician, who has received (albeit only a pittance) financial support from the state, for me to now ask "permission" to "gamble", well, I think you see my point.

If its this complicated to play on regulated sites, I might go for one of the unregulated options like ACR. I am sure, some of those are also available for german players.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If its this complicated to play on regulated sites, I might go for one of the unregulated options like ACR. I am sure, some of those are also available for german players.

Yea, I see what you are saying. But I played at PokerStars since 2008 and I still play there and never had to do anything at all, so any regulatory BS was done behind the scenes. I play at BCP (which I have no idea of its regulation) and also no change for me. Why 888 has to jump through these loops, I have no idea.

So between stars and BCP I am fine. I like 888 better because of the player pool. It seemed to me to have more recreational players as opposed to grinders, even tho starts also has this but table selecting at 888 was easier cause there were players playing 80%+ hands at almost every table I opened there. Stars and BCP not so much. I used to play very seriously, but this was a number of years ago. Not I play only for a bit of unwinding, a bit of fun, and only micro stakes. It is a pure pastime now, so with starts and BCP I have all the poker I need. Its just a shame that 888 is not an option.

But, like I said, to ask the SHUFA to greenlight me to gamble would be, I believe, a very bad idea in my situation.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi Jay,

I just saw your post with issue on 888 site.
I remember that I had some issues to when transfered from .com to .de account, but I could keep my funds and the name, account was not closed.
Had to verify, which took a few days, but all went well.

It doesn't matter (IMHO) how big your funds are, only €1 or $1 or million, the issue is with their poker site, and they should take care of their customers, no matter how small or big their funds are.

I had some issue with 888 before, which I wrote and post some screenshots a while ago.

I do like to play on 888, just like I do like to play on PS or GG or ....
Their withdrawal was always in a day or two on my account.
Can't complain about that.

What I find really funny, i.e. we from Germany can play Saturday game freeroll on 888 but not Sunday game.
:)

I know that some restrictions are in place due to recent laws change here, but that didn't affect me much, I can still play.
But, trying to keep my funds on 888 to minimum, and withdraw as soon as I can.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jay,

I just saw your post with issue on 888 site.
I remember that I had some issues to when transfered from .com to .de account, but I could keep my funds and the name, account was not closed.
Had to verify, which took a few days, but all went well.

It doesn't matter (IMHO) how big your funds are, only €1 or $1 or million, the issue is with their poker site, and they should take care of their customers, no matter how small or big their funds are.

I had some issue with 888 before, which I wrote and post some screenshots a while ago.

I do like to play on 888, just like I do like to play on PS or GG or ....
Their withdrawal was always in a day or two on my account.
Can't complain about that.

What I find really funny, i.e. we from Germany can play Saturday game freeroll on 888 but not Sunday game.

I know that some restrictions are in place due to recent laws change here, but that didn't affect me much, I can still play.
But, trying to keep my funds on 888 to minimum, and withdraw as soon as I can.

Hey Dino, (cant remember if I know your real name, but Dino reminds me of the Flintstones, so that is always cool:). Thanks for the message. And thanks for your non-condescending words. I agree, it is not the amount, it is a question of customer service. I am not sure why I was belittled because I am speaking of a sum less than $50...??? but to each his own, I guess.

I am not sure why my 888 account became such a complicated thing when it apparently was very easy for others. I will update when everything is finalized, or not, but I believe it will be.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not sure why my 888 account became such a complicated thing when it apparently was very easy for others. I will update when everything is finalized, or not, but I believe it will be.

Maybe they send you an email, which you did not react on, because it ended up in your spam folder? This could be a possible explanation. Anyways as you say, it will hopefully be sorted.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I hope they will sort it out for you in timely manner.
I know it's frustrating when you deal with something like that.
And their customer support is not the greatest, we all know that.

Wish you good luck man.

Last edited:
fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final update:

So the funds are now on my account. So 888 did me good. I did have to jump through some hoops but all ended well. I was not happy with their initial handling of it but I am happy that it is resolved.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final update:

So the funds are now on my account. So 888 did me good. I did have to jump through some hoops but all ended well. I was not happy with their initial handling of it but I am happy that it is resolved.

Good to hear. I hope now that u got ur 47 Dollars u can finally sleep and move on :) Really hope something similar will not happen to you again and maybe one day you will still decide to play on 888 again :cool:

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good to hear. I hope now that u got ur 47 Dollars u can finally sleep and move on :) Really hope something similar will not happen to you again and maybe one day you will still decide to play on 888 again :cool:

Why do you post a condescending message and put emoji "make-up" on it? Is it to make it look like it is meant nicely?

I bolded the text that I am referring to, just in case you want to play dumb, but your intentions are clear to both of us, and probably to many others as well.....

Jeeeeezzzzzz. But I guess if this is what you do to make yourself feel good.....??? It is hard to imagine that you felt this is a quality post that you simply had to put out there.

But your previous and also condescending posts make this one fairly unsurprising.

Enjoy your life. Get your kicks the best way you can, I guess.......

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you post a condescending message and put emoji "make-up" on it? Is it to make it look like it is meant nicely?

I bolded the text that I am referring to, just in case you want to play dumb, but your intentions are clear to both of us, and probably to many others as well.....

Jeeeeezzzzzz. But I guess if this is what you do to make yourself feel good.....??? It is hard to imagine that you felt this is a quality post that you simply had to put out there.

But your previous and also condescending posts make this one fairly unsurprising.

Enjoy your life. Get your kicks the best way you can, I guess.......

I was happy when i saw that you got paid since the money obviously means a lot to you and its not right from 888 to keep honest player funds. Calm down amigo :p

Can i ask you politely why you dont want to give SCHUFA gambling related information? Sorry if you already wrote about this.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was happy when i saw that you got paid since the money obviously means a lot to you and its not right from 888 to keep honest player funds. Calm down amigo :p

Oh, I am calm. And I am calmly telling you your condescending attitude is pretty crappy. And I say this slowly and calmly.

You do need to own the words you use. If you were happy for me, why do you formulate your posts the way you do? "I hope now that u got ur 47 Dollars u can finally sleep and move on" "since the money obviously means a lot to you"...

So, and I am saying this with utmost calm and inner peace: Your condescending words are not lost on others reading them, and it would be a sign that you are a mature and adult person, as well as a person with an ability to show humility and self-reflection if you would address that.

Or you can just keep on mentioning the sum I was trying to collect, and word your posts in the condescending way you have been.

That is up to you, but emojis are not fooling anyone.

So, again, do what you feel you must to make yourself feel good, but just because you refuse to acknowledge the words you write does not mean others do not see them for what they are.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi Jay,
great and good news, that you got your money back from 888. But I assumed already, that they will do so like I mentioned before.

Actually, I think 888 is a good room, but maybe somehow a bit lost about the new regulations here in Germany. And maybe it is not their fault, but the new regulations, that actually should include the Schufa assurance and they just take most serious compared to all other rooms. Look at PS, they also removed even play-money games for us Germans, what is hardly understandable.

Nevertheless, I think you are right to claim back this money and even if it were only $10 or less. It should be done by principle and not only by the amount of money. And only if a room acts like this and pays back to their customers their bankroll, it can be trusted in my opinion.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Final update:

Glad you got your money. :top:

It shouldn't have been so problematic and stressful to be honest, but they did pay you in the end, so that's a good sign for 888 and good news for you.

888 Guides: 888 Casino - 888 Casino Deutsch - Italiano - Français - Deutsch - Dansk - Português - Español - Svenska - 888 Mobile - Deutsch Mobil