FTP Rush Week

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, so far I'm up $24 grinding Rush. I'm on my way to that $5 bonus!!! Heh.

I took a crushing set-over-set hand at one point. But I shrugged it off and rebounded. My redline is really bad though, I'm either not stealing enough/properly or it's just paying off later in the hand.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Forgot about the first 2 days, so I'm only going to go for the $5.

Day 1 for me today and up $14.60

I saw TPC there, he has nice tits.
Trigga Tits
Trigga tits comment

This stealing at rush thing is easy......lol :p
Rush Str8 Flush

Last edited:
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
These RUSH tournaments are pretty ridiculous imo (as mentioned previously).
Last nite's MidnightMadness RUSH was a real joke... having a 1hr. late reg., a filed of close to 3,200 players signed up for it (alot more than usual).. and just 17mins. after LateReg. ended.. the bubble popped, LOL. Yep.. over 2,500 players out just after 1st break.
How ridiculous is that???
Hmmmm, I might have to late reg at the 59 min mark of late reg for this one.
Thanks for the heads up PO.

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, that's really interesting. I'm watching it now to see what happens.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Almost time for late reg to finish and Bubble bursts at 405 and there is only 600 remaining, so far it looks like a $2.60 profit just to reg and sit out.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
5 mins before late reg finished there was a mad rush of 105 ppl then it stopped as most thought that late reg finished at 1 hour after tourney start, but it actually finishes at 1 hour and 6 mins after tourny start, and another 40 Approx ppl regd, at end of reg there were 631 ppl remaining, and bubble was at 405th paying $14.65. if you make it to 405th it is a 33% roi.

Last edited:
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Bubble just burst at 16 mins after late reg finished.

I didn't play as I am going to work soon but will try it tomorrow.

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you BovinityCow, if so what happened.

Eh, I late regged, was getting slapped with the blinds like crazy it seemed so my 1,500 was never going to last...had to make a move with something, got KK in late position, shoved it, BB calls with AJ and flops an ace.

GG. =/

I think KC and I compared Button/Blind distributions in a $4.40 rush tourney once, and there was a pretty big disparity. Not sure exactly how blinds work in Rush...they claim it's "Who hasn't posted the longest" but I've had the blinds twice in a row before so I'm not sure what that's all about.

Last edited:
eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah, a rush poker satellite to the double deuce was cancelled due to not enough entries on Thursday July 15 at 00:13. I was hoping to make a final table so I could get my ticket to the $50,000 freeroll. Around 29 signed up. And there was late registration through level 2. Doh.
Thought I earned 10 points on day 1 before I logged out, and next day I go in and it says I only earned 9 points. Contacted FullTilt and they said they will try to make it right by me at the end of the promo. If they don't, I only earn a $5 bonus for the week of effort. Overall, after 4 days of playing, I am up $4, oops make that $2. My 2 pairs of Aces and Queens lost to trip 6's.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Eh, I late regged, was getting slapped with the blinds like crazy it seemed so my 1,500 was never going to last...had to make a move with something, got KK in late position, shoved it, BB calls with AJ and flops an ace.

GG. =/

I think KC and I compared Button/Blind distributions in a $4.40 rush tourney once, and there was a pretty big disparity. Not sure exactly how blinds work in Rush...they claim it's "Who hasn't posted the longest" but I've had the blinds twice in a row before so I'm not sure what that's all about.
Better luck next time, if there is a next time for you.

As for the blinds I too have paid the blinds twice in a row, and the second time I was sitting at a table with a few ppl that were at the previous table, so if Full Tilt says that the person who hasn't paid the blinds the longest pays, then they are full of it.

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I really dislike large MTT's, so probably not. This was more of a, "Can this be exploited easily?" experiment. =D

Too bad there's not a 2NL rush table. I'm still playing 5NL Rush and stomping all over it so far, but I'm really not rolled for 5NL. Though another night or two the way I've been running and I will be. =O

zek

zek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that we are a ways into Rush week one nice thing about Rush poker jumped out at me. It's a nice way to get some poker time in while on vacation and playing on the laptop instead of the desktop. It's tough to multi table on the laptop. Playing 1 rush table is a laptop friendly way to pick up my points for the day,

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I just pretty much lost any bonus I will get if I hit silver pretty brutal session of poker had

KK beat 2 times both to sets one aipf

aa beat aipf

nut straight allin after the flop rivers a full house

Unlocked 10$ of my bonus lost that and more lol :O

Meh go for a walk chill out and get the last of my points needed for the day!

Hope the games running a bit better for everyone else.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Well I forgot about yesterday all together, but can still make 4 days.

I was up $14.60 the 1st day I played and after getting counterfeited twice I was down $12 today, so I reloaded 1 more time and within 5 hands I hit a full house twice, and flopped a straight once which got me back up to $5.30 up for todays effort.

Total for 2 days up $19.90

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Moved up from 5NL to 10NL 4 tabling because 5NL was just taking sooo long...

Had an awful start to 10NL dropping 4BI pretty quick but had a good session today and earnt most of it back, so now evens for the week :)

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These RUSH tournaments are pretty ridiculous imo (as mentioned previously).
Last nite's MidnightMadness RUSH was a real joke... having a 1hr. late reg., a filed of close to 3,200 players signed up for it (alot more than usual).. and just 17mins. after LateReg. ended.. the bubble popped, LOL. Yep.. over 2,500 players out just after 1st break.
How ridiculous is that???

Pretty Ridiculously AWESOME.

As for the blinds I too have paid the blinds twice in a row, and the second time I was sitting at a table with a few ppl that were at the previous table, so if Full Tilt says that the person who hasn't paid the blinds the longest pays, then they are full of it.

Yeah FTP is Full of BS with the blind thing. I sat @ 4 tables at the same time, they all counted down 3.2.1 together and on all 4 tables I posted the BB on my very first hand. How could that possibly happen according to the rules?

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am getting f****d at rush today and they havnt even bought me flowers 1st!

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm doing well in Rush. I'm new to Rush rings but other than a rough run during the second session of Day 1, I've been running pretty good.

I play at midnight, so I only have Sunday to go to unlock the last $25 of the $50 bonus. At this point I'm also due $20+ in rakeback I think.

The pic: The bottom two games I was new, and single-tabling. Everything above them I'm triple-tabling so I can get my 100 points in about 55 minutes.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 48
TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah FTP is Full of BS with the blind thing. I sat @ 4 tables at the same time, they all counted down 3.2.1 together and on all 4 tables I posted the BB on my very first hand. How could that possibly happen according to the rules?

Almost every time you start a rush session you will start in the BB. I always start four sessions and once and I'm in the BB every time. If you think about the rules, it says the guy that hasn't gone the longest without posting a BB will post the BB. If you are starting a session you've gone the longest without posting a BB. There have been a few times where I won't post the BB my first hand, but I assume that's due to me and someone else starting a rush session at the same time.

I'm doing well in Rush. I'm new to Rush rings but other than a rough run during the second session of Day 1, I've been running pretty good.

I play at midnight, so I only have Sunday to go to unlock the last $25 of the $50 bonus. At this point I'm also due $20+ in rakeback I think.

The pic: The bottom two games I was new, and single-tabling. Everything above them I'm triple-tabling so I can get my 100 points in about 55 minutes.

Nice work SP, keep it up man!

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Awesome stats!

I'm down about $10 in total, but I've got $15 coming in rakeback and I've unlocked a big part of my $50 Mid Year Bonus.

However, I am finding that I really don't enjoy grinding Rush :(

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just finished my 6th day at the silver level. Rush week has been really positive for me. For those of you who use the FullTilt Poker Academy, I just found a new cash game challenge based on Rush Poker. Too bad I didn't find it earlier in the week because I completed alot of the challenge in one session.

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
rush poker is great if you like fast pace i do better than waiting on some fish to decide to fold or call for two minuets

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I just pretty much lost any bonus I will get if I hit silver pretty brutal session of poker had

KK beat 2 times both to sets one aipf

aa beat aipf

nut straight allin after the flop rivers a full house

Unlocked 10$ of my bonus lost that and more lol :O

Meh go for a walk chill out and get the last of my points needed for the day!

Hope the games running a bit better for everyone else.

Ya when you run bad at Rush you can really drop a ton of buy-ins. The swings seems insane. (so easy to run into set over sets, and then kk's into aces, etc)
Was up like 8 buy-ins the other day. Now I'm gonna finish stuck after running completely terrible the last 3 days. :) At least it won't be too brutal only a buy-in or 2 after bonuses and rakeback. There's always tomorrow as well.