FTP Rush Week

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please give me one Advantage/reason to play RUSH poker

More hands an hour, means you will get the hands that make the most money more often, relative to time. Which means you make more money.

However, with online poker it's hard enough to get reads, and even harder playing rush poker. Yeah, HUDs work with rush, but you are getting such a small snap shot of what a certain player is doing. You need a crap load of hands on someone before the HUD stats are even close to accurate. I think the best way to play rush is to play pretty straight forward. Maybe take some stabs here and there, but you really want to avoid huge pots with TPTK type hands.

Last edited:
M

mike merked you

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
damn, i just took out all my money from fulltilt :(

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My $50 Iron Man Bonus keeps looking at me and I keep having to tell it NO, NO, not til the weekend!

I

iriechief

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the only advantage is more hands per hour? No thanks, with all the info i am losing it doesn't seem worth it!

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
more hands in less time and also no waiting lists or table selecting or any of the hassle of getting a session started. good things for the impatient among us

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the only advantage is more hands per hour? No thanks, with all the info i am losing it doesn't seem worth it!

more hands in less time and also no waiting lists or table selecting or any of the hassle of getting a session started. good things for the impatient among us

Yep, can play for 10 minute sessions, right away, no waiting/searching required.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My progress

It's after midnight so I decided to see how long this would take at $25NL FR to get the 100 points.

I got to 50 FTP's at almost exactly the hour mark, so I guess it'll take about 2 hours. I think this may be higher than average though, as I saw some pretty wild play. (I think it went from 350'ish players to 550'ish players shortly after midnight, so a lot of people were jumping on the bonus, which can lead to some wild plays)

My FTP session widget shows that I played 552 hands, and made 58.17 points for the session:

I don't know if I want to spend two hours a night playing, so I'll probably start multi-tabling.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 tabling 5NL 6max I've made 50 points in 1 hour, slow going :(

Use the Iron Man counter instead of the FTP Odometer, as the Odometer one includes Happy Hour Bonus points :)

In the 1 hour of playing I went from 0BI to -6BI to +2BI...

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's taking me about 30 minutes to run up 10 points while single tabling $10NL Rush so I won't be going for anything above bronze. Down a bit under two buyins after two sessions :p

N

Neoblast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played the daily dollar rush yesterday, unlike the normal one I like this one, I managed to have more than 500k chips. Too bad I lost half of it of a bad beat and then another one eliminated me on 68th place ( 68 out of 10,380 not bad huh ). I will try to reach it today.

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got my 10 points yesterday on 5nl, and lost 2 buy ins, BONUS!

I suppose if folks are trying to force the bonus, this is bound to happen.

Just play your normal game and look at it like rakeback...a bonus on top of your winnings. It might be just $5, but hey.

You don't intentionally try to create huge pots for no other reason than to generate rakeback, do you? Of course not. So why approach this any differently?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummm, That was my normal game, I lose on Rush even when there is no bonus. I just suck at it, lol
That is why I do not play it.

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heheh, sorry I wasn't more specific...I wasn't really directing that AT you so much as I was just using your quote because it illustrated what I meant. If that makes sense. ;)

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, it does.
There is no shame in my game, I will freely admit, I suck at Rush Poker, lol

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found that I hated it at first...then I gave it a few more chances and got to enjoying it more.

It's definately different. I think it can teach people a lot about positional play.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can teach people a lot about positional play.
I am sure that is part of my problem...
I just dabble with it here and there, only tried it a few times, I always manage to build at first but then something just happens, lol

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Any tips on how best to play the Rush Tournaments? Any differently than a normal 180 MTT? dvise please, Wally :)

I

iriechief

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They credited me with bronze even though i didn't earn it. Emailed me about some mistake/mix up crap.....think they are trying to suck me into the RUSH poker week....I think not

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Here's $5. Mmmm, doesn't that feel good? Don't you want it? Don't you NEED it? Well, you can't have it. We're taking it back. It'll be waiting for you at the Rush tables, if you have the guts."

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
These RUSH tournaments are pretty ridiculous imo (as mentioned previously).
Last nite's MidnightMadness RUSH was a real joke... having a 1hr. late reg., a filed of close to 3,200 players signed up for it (alot more than usual).. and just 17mins. after LateReg. ended.. the bubble popped, LOL. Yep.. over 2,500 players out just after 1st break.
How ridiculous is that???

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These RUSH tournaments are pretty ridiculous imo (as mentioned previously).
Last nite's MidnightMadness RUSH was a real joke... having a 1hr. late reg., a field of close to 3,200 players signed up for it (alot more than usual).. and just 17mins. after LateReg. ended.. the bubble popped, LOL. Yep.. over 2,500 players out just after 1st break.
How ridiculous is that???

3,200 players thought it was ridiculous enough to play it ... :p

R

rozzz5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually like rush tournaments. It seems to be pretty easy to chip up real fast although I played the rush daily dollar last night and couldn't get anything started, but i'm still a fan.

I

iriechief

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rush poker is great. I just lost 80 bucks playing pot limit omaha h/l, just to make the 5 dollar bonus. yiipeee

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is great. I just lost 80 bucks playing pot limit omaha h/l, just to make the 5 dollar bonus. yiipeee

Fixed!