Do you believe that poker rooms are 100% honest with you?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No business can survive if they have to be completely honest with clients, poker sites themselves are business n they are here to make money.
It works a little differently where I come from.... it's the businesses that are run with integrity that do best. Dishonest ones go down the tubes. How couldn't it be like that everywhere? I mean... even street level drug dealers.... the ones who are most honest with customers, are the ones who will excel.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
There is poker rooms which cheated players and got caught? Poker rooms owners were accused of fraud?

It is the biggest banks and investment companies, who wash the dirt away from most of the criminal money. For these , with market leading fraud and security ratings and top credit contracts, it is for many reason one of the most important thing them to do.

Im leaning more to way that there is fraudlent of some kind,nothing to do with money,something to do with running the games smoothly. And i can play with that. :)

francisco mendoza

francisco mendoza

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always thought that the poker platforms sometimes have the balance in favor of some countries, I have seen things that never in my poker life, I thought could happen, there are more times that the system favors the fish and the hands weak, than to the good player and the strong cards. That is why I often question the system

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, what’s the point of playing poker if you doubt the honesty of poker rooms), if something was proven globally, then the whole system would cease to exist, but for now it all looks like your AA lost 2-3 times in a row flush draw on the turn) and you start looking for a conspiracy theory

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Honest? Who, ever, is honest?

I think I can put it very simply and self-explanatory.

Poker rooms/platforms/clients provide a free product and a raked service. It's equal to everyone. Not one human player has any advantage over another. Furthermore, the poker providers earn the same rake percentage from everyone. They don't earn more from losers than from winners. When you play badly you give your money to another player not to the poker room. Only a small percentage goes to the poker room. The more active players, the more the poker room earns.

Their honesty has nothing to do with your earnings or losses. Their honesty also does not influence your poker game or career. You are the one in control.

Do they have bots? Do they cheat you? Maybe and probably not. You will never find out for sure anyway, ever. The most you can do is speculate, which is aboslutely pointless, if you ask me.

More importantly, it is more likely that there are human players who cheat or gain some advantage over you or me in more and more innovative ways that poker rooms are hunting down constantly. And they do it to protect you and me and all the other genuine players from cheaters who would steer us away. Remember, the less players, the less money they make. If cheating is excessive or obvious, you and me and many many more would stop playing and therefore stop contributing to poker providers' salaries.

People (in poker case, players) who are smart will always invent new ways of cheating and stealing, whether it's poker, robbing banks, stealing from elderly, or raising taxes and the energy bills (what can you do about it, eh?),

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker rooms are always honest, to me in particular I have always noticed so, I have not had any problem, we know that poker is a game of skill and the results are always in the long term, and for a bat beat you have you should not blame the room.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, anything is possible, and even fraud. But I'm more inclined to consider such various kinds of coincidences as manifestations of luck or bad luck of the player.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's exactly business! If the pros quickly nullify the fish, then very soon high-level players will remain in the room and their winnings against each other will drop sharply. Accordingly, since they are not fools, then many will leave the game.
Which is pretty much, what has happened gradually in online poker for almost 20 years since the peak of the poker boom. Sites have tried many different methods to turn the trend around, but none of this is proof, that sites are rigging their RNG. Until someone presents actual evidence, which has not happened yet, its just a funny conspiracy theory like so many others.

skrtel348

skrtel348

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DZ
Chips
Personally, I still have a doubt on this subject.
Especially since I've seen Justin Timberlake's movie "Players."

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Which is pretty much, what has happened gradually in online poker for almost 20 years since the peak of the poker boom. Sites have tried many different methods to turn the trend around, but none of this is proof, that sites are rigging their RNG. Until someone presents actual evidence, which has not happened yet, its just a funny conspiracy theory like so many others.

There are statistical evaluation methods. There are real winnings in trackers and there are winnings by EV. And very often, professional players have a huge shortage of EV against fish, who, accordingly, have much less winnings by EV than in reality.

And these deviations greatly exceed 3 sigma. Representatives of the rooms will say to this "Well, it's still possible, although unlikely", and a smart person will answer: "Probably you guys are not scammers. But this probability is less than 1%" )))