Do you believe that poker rooms are 100% honest with you?

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ask this question because I play on different rooms and what I noticed on one room they don’t like aces (I put up with a pair of aces 8 times and always lost and when other players put up with aces I know in advance that they will lose) can it even be like that? in another room, flushes often clash between older and younger ones. some kind of pattern

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The thing I'm sure about is that those rooms are open for business. And they sure make tons of money. Therefore, I can't see them risking their reputation and profit by favoring any player over any other. It would make no sense since they are getting their rake no matter who wins. It's just the randomness of 52 cards falling in a chaotic manner. And that's what makes poker probably the most brutal game there is. Are you in or out ?

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No one can be 100% sure of that. But still, I know if my bankroll is growing, it's because of my skills and patience, but not because of the site I'm playing on.

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honest

I think all site and live tournaments have runs but nothing to do with honesty…your either running hot or not. I really don’t see anything because you can get sucked on no matter what, it’s part of the game.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The cards flop the same for everyone,,,can't get any more fair that. :deal:

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While playing in the pokerstars poker room, I did not encounter problems directly related to the room, there were many mistakes in understanding, but at the same time, problems of this kind were always solved in a peaceful way without insults, so I trust them.

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it has been no secret for a long time that most poker rooms are an algorithm for generating rake.Try to do it and from the number of bad beats you will simply be blown away

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I have also been looking for some kind of pattern, but rarely have I succeeded, I don't think this type of game has it, since if so, with so many bad people, they already caught it and ruined the game.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Losing with aces several times in a row is normal. Losing with a flush vs higher flush is also normal. This is part of the game. Personally, I have no complaints about the room, and there is no reason not to trust PokerStars.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
poker sites are at least as honest with you as politicians in parliament.
It is a business, they would like to have your money, that's all the matters.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is difficult to answer. I hope that the most popular sites do not deceive their players, although apparently they have such an opportunity. However, I am a patient player and so far my patience is yielding quite good results.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I think that when you play online there are many plays that when they happen to us the first thing we think this looks like cheating, but I have seen the same plays and even worse in live rooms. "Nothing is 100% certain, only death"

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have seen this question posed multiple times in various ways on this forum and it makes me wonder if it could possibly be NOT 100% random..... I can't understand why a poker site wouldn't want to be 100% random. So much to risk losing if it came out that they were anything but 100% random, BUT I see this question enough that it makes me wonder more now than I did before.

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
For online poker rooms, the main financial incentive is to maintain the integrity of the games. In other words, they have no clear reason to offer gamers overclocked software.
The biggest winners in internet poker are poker rooms. Sheer common sense and logic dictates that if business is going great, the last thing you think about is changing anything and losing your reputation.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Large poker rooms, I'm sure honestly behave. But with small poker rooms, sometimes there are problems of a different order. They may not issue money for withdrawal, they are banned for no reason, and your case is no exception.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I honestly don't really care about that, but if something bothers me, I just wouldn't use that site / poker room at all :).... I think it's pretty simple .... don't say:)

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think so. But there's always someone malicious in everything, but in general I believe so.

C

CrushAce8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would personally like to believe that big poker sites and rooms and generally honest. There maybe algorithms etc. in play though, I don’t know…

Still playing!

EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I ask this question because I play on different rooms and what I noticed on one room they don’t like aces (I put up with a pair of aces 8 times and always lost and when other players put up with aces I know in advance that they will lose) can it even be like that? in another room, flushes often clash between older and younger ones. some kind of pattern
If you are losing with aces that often, you aren't playing them correctly. Take that pot down before the turn or river. I will leave the how to for you to read up on. Good luck out there!

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I do believe that poker rooms are honest. They can not risk cheating because they would lose profit and reputation. It might seem like cheating when you get several bad beats in a row but honestly they do not care who wins or loses. That means, they do not cheat, some players are luckier than others.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i am short stack and go all inn.....i really don´t know....

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No, I don't think it's like that, maybe you had bad luck with your aces. Are they honest? I would like to believe so, but I allow myself to be suspicious, just as I do when I play poker. Greetings

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is the result of observers illusion.

Just like the stability of the earth is an illusion because we (humans/average human life span) don't live long enough.

Your observations are illusions because they are only true for the random pattern of hands you have thus observed. They have no bearing on what will come out in future patterns of hands. ;)