Do you believe that poker rooms are 100% honest with you?

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I ask this question because I play on different rooms and what I noticed on one room they don’t like aces (I put up with a pair of aces 8 times and always lost and when other players put up with aces I know in advance that they will lose) can it even be like that? in another room, flushes often clash between older and younger ones. some kind of pattern
You can check and see what random generator they are using. It should be certified and periodically checked from outside sources. I don't know what site you're playing on, but other than check on the generator, search the internet for the reputation of the site. Just the fact you've lost with aces 8 times in a row and have watched others lose with them doesn't mean much. You could very well see aces win the next 16 times in a row. Anything is possible in the laws of probability.

Just today, I was playing in my usual triple up SNGs. We got down to four handed and I was delt JJ. Jacks are monster cards when the table is four handed. The only other remaining player turned over AA and knocked me from the game. Such an occurrence is unusual, but it happens. In another game later today, we were down to four handed again. I went all in with KK and once again another player called with AA. Twice in the same day. Okay, I get it. I'm running bad today, but I was saved when a straight rivered on the board and we split the pot. Then a few minutes later I had KK again, went all in, and was faced with AA again and got knocked out. The probability against that happening is almost 50,000 to 1. It shook me up good. All kinds of things went through my head. Does that site use bots? Do they rig the deck in the bot's favor? But, hey, I've played on this site for years and have won thousands on it. I thought it over and decided not to change my playing style. Then I won the next five games in a row and kings held up every time I had them.

W

wvielmo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
In the case of the biggest poker sites they are audited so I believe there is no bad faith.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
No business can survive if they have to be completely honest with clients, poker sites themselves are business n they are here to make money.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it is impossible to be 100% sure, but nevertheless, in my opinion, the most popular sites are not engaged in scams. There is a factor of randomness, this is poker and there is nothing strange about it.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Do you know anyone in your life , who is 100% honest with you or anyone else ? Why should the poker rooms be any different ? ... lol

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No business can survive if they have to be completely honest with clients, poker sites themselves are business n they are here to make money.
Have you seen the huge amount of rake that is taken by the sites? In cash games (micro limits) there are almost no winners at all due to the size of the rake. The sites make a fortune on the rake! ie. just 1 tournament on Stars brings in $100k in rake! That is just ONE tournament. What do you think the amount of rake is over the period of 1 year?
Back in 2014 when pokerstars was sold, they were running 1/2 million tournaments per day! (including MTT's & Sng's). It was sold to Amaya for $4.9 Billion.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe everything to everyone. Why don't should I believe poker rooms?
When the Easter Bunny 🐇 exists, and Santa 🎅 brings presents in December... I've seen it twice 😁...

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Any major poker site that has been operating for more than a year is interested in attracting players. Accordingly, she has to do everything possible to gain the trust of users, otherwise the poker room will definitely receive negative reviews, this will affect the influx of customers and reduce the turnover of money. Taking into account unfair competition, when completely incorrect methods can be used for information warfare. It is worth believing a review about dishonesty only in one case - if a person has undeniable evidence. As practice shows, the accusations simply do not stand up to the verification of facts.

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I ask this question because I play on different rooms and what I noticed on one room they don’t like aces (I put up with a pair of aces 8 times and always lost and when other players put up with aces I know in advance that they will lose) can it even be like that? in another room, flushes often clash between older and younger ones. some kind of pattern
Perhaps that is so. But it remains only to choose to play on such a room or not. No choice.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I trust most of the well kwown poker sites I play in and with many years in the business like PokerStars 888 and party poker.I try to avoid thosepoker rooms that don´inspire confidence at all.

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Although it pains us to admit it, it is highly possible that the Software with which the poker game is created in the different rooms could be programmed to do things that in a real game would be almost improbable. A pattern that I always notice is that when approaching the final table, the system tends to give even hands: 'once I saw 6 pairs in hand at a table where we were 8 players and the All in showed that... 'Sad but certain'

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When money falls on my card then for sure I am sure that they are 100% honest with me:)

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally i think no one is honest with me. but that's not a problem of poker rooms...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think everyone has doubts, but no one will talk about it and they will continue to play

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I highly doubt they are 100% honest. I've no proof, but I've no doubt either.

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am lately getting beat with any hand I play. Especially when I go all in. Nine out of 10 times I will have the better hand and get beat by someone with a 2 or 3 outer. Yes I believe that something is fishy. Why they would do it makes no sense but greed is a funny thing.

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
yes I think there is a software so people dont change anything, so is honest because of the sites thats offer poker

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think everyone has doubts, but no one will talk about it and they will continue to play

So you think that 'EVERYONE' has doubts but no one will talk about it???

I can assure you that most players have ZERO doubts and are 100% confident in the poker site. (every single player who I am acquainted with feels the very same way as I do).
MANY will talk about it.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. Is it just from yourself? From a group of friends? Some new players in a freeroll game?

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Znatoki speak that the rummy budut drum to beat, the rake zabatyat, and all dependent on skills and strokes, and if you do not believe and say what you are obmanyut, you do not have to play, play in chess

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, in Poker (as and in Life) anything can't to be on 100%... Therefore do the conclusions themselfes...

lyudiko

lyudiko

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course honestly...
I was in a game with a straight A-9.
Don't believe there's a straight A-9? You don't know poker!

Screenshot 12 1

Attachments

• Screenshot_13_1.jpg
    Screenshot_13_1.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 9
T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you are losing with aces that often, you aren't playing them correctly.
With a pair of AA, I'm also trying to take the pot before the turn or river. Because a couple is just a couple, even if a couple is AA. In addition to pairs (there are 13 of them), there are many more other combinations. That's why poker is so attractive, until you see the river you don't know if you've won or not.
I will leave the how to for you to read up on. Good luck out there!
With a pair of AA, I'm also trying to take the pot before the turn or river. Because a couple is just a couple, even if a couple is AA. In addition to pairs (there are 13 of them), there are many more other combinations. That's why poker is so attractive, until you see the river you don't know if you've won or not.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The thing I'm sure about is that those rooms are open for business. And they sure make tons of money. Therefore, I can't see them risking their reputation and profit by favoring any player over any other. It would make no sense since they are getting their rake no matter who wins. It's just the randomness of 52 cards falling in a chaotic manner. And that's what makes poker probably the most brutal game there is. Are you in or out ?
That's exactly business! If the pros quickly nullify the fish, then very soon high-level players will remain in the room and their winnings against each other will drop sharply. Accordingly, since they are not fools, then many will leave the game.

In general, it's like solving a differential equation for the "predator/prey" problem. Saturation processes and all that...

If it is impossible to prove that RNG does not distribute cards completely by chance, and if the rooms pay kickbacks to gambling commissions, then it would be foolish from a business point of view to reduce your profits by several times. Saturation would have happened very quickly and the rake flows would have been reduced many times over if the RNG worked honestly )))

And even if today it became known for sure that the distributions are not very fair, then i think that the majority of players would still continue to play, and not leave the poker rooms...