Status
Not open for further replies.
kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only ever deposited 10 bucks on UB and of course I want to protect my winnings but I wouldn't be devastated if I lost my roll there. I play in the lowest possible micro games there so I doubt even seeing my hole cards will help those people win ; )

R

rollnutilt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the heads up. I can't believe that this is happening again after the first scandal. I would of imagined the security would be alot better but obviously it isn't.

2-7MakesMeRaise

2-7MakesMeRaise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite shocking that this could happen, why don,t ft or ps ever have a problem.
Sorry but hearing stuff like this can only put you off the site. I,m thinking of sticking solely with ft from now on.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only ever deposited 10 bucks on Ultimatebet and of course I want to protect my winnings but I wouldn't be devastated if I lost my roll there. I play in the lowest possible micro games there so I doubt even seeing my hole cards will help those people win ; )

I can see my hole cards and it doesn't help me either :eek:.

More seriously - I built up a BR of 170$ from zip on UB and planned on depositing there (min deposit) sometime to be able to cash out.

I only play cc-games there atm but am quite shocked they don't seem to have learnt from their security issues in the past.:mad:

This seems like it might deliver the death-blow to cereus.:goodnight

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
txs been meaning to withdraw anyway. left enuff for the great CC buyins at UB!! :eek:

BTW I am way up at AP and UB over the years, just keep withdrawing as I go, not building a BR there given all the brouhaha...:cheers:

DINGO8MYBABY

DINGO8MYBABY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure you should never underestimate how stupid and incompetent people are. But obviously you should also never underestimate how greedy they can be.

Great quote. Too True.

online poker doesn't need another scandal right now.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play on Ultimatebet right now and to be honest this does bother me at all. The PTR techie even said someone would have to hack your network. I've gotten to the point wher I no longer use public WiFi for several reasons. When I play there I'm always using a directly wired network so I don't see how anyone could see my cards.

And this is why people are so...brilliant. But I guess you're the kind winning players profit from ;)

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually the funniest thing (to me) about all of this, is that a large majority of users of the Cereus network probably have weaker security controls on their local systems than this silly discussion of MD5 vs. higher level security in the transport.

In plain words: Most people are at higher risk of having their personal information hacked in their own systems than this being exploited for profit. Yet, they cry "foul" when stuff like this is exposed.

Of course the security of your own system is a vulnerability at a single point, but the packets from the poker client can be sniffed at any hop along the way to the reservation and back.

It's a little different isn't it?

Last edited:
Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually the funniest thing (to me) about all of this, is that a large majority of users of the Cereus network probably have weaker security controls on their local systems than this silly discussion of MD5 vs. higher level security in the transport.

In plain words: Most people are at higher risk of having their personal information hacked in their own systems than this being exploited for profit. Yet, they cry "foul" when stuff like this is exposed.
Agreed. I have about 6 wireless networks within range of my house, but mine and 1 other are the only 2 using security measures. The 4 others are free and open to all.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just won some moola at UB, and come find this thread.

I'm one who has taken out way more than anyone could steal from me these days at UB.:D

I read the blog and think they truly understand the predicament they are in. And they will thus fix it. As has been said many time before there is just too much money in doing it right, to do it wrong.

Call me stupid, many have, but I got some faith in Cereus.

Current br there is in the $100 range if any of you thieves wanna take a crack at it.;)

swrittenb

swrittenb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is crazy. XOR is not the type of encryption you use for online poker. UB is so bad, it's scary.. Just in the process of moving my roll off of their site. :/

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the second huge screwup. I said the same thing, dj, after the first, I'm not saying it the second time.

norriscjn

norriscjn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im glad i dont play there.

T

The Dr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kgc has recently released a statement in regards to the current issue

"Until a solution to the security issue is fully implemented, the Commission recommends that players use caution when accessing the Absolute Poker or Ultimate Bet sites, in particular when using a public network (wired or wireless) or a private wireless network."

http://www.gamingcommission.ca/news/pr05072010a.pdf

T

The Dr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the way, anyone on this forum that supports this site is a disgrace to the poker community. To support these frauds is beyond anything I can understand and in all honesty if you get ripped off, it is well deserved for playing there.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone know if Phil Hellmuth had anything to say about this? I doubt this kind of player would leave UB, but for something like this I think it would be very appropriate.

I'm sure many other sites would welcome him, as he is the "Poker Brat", showing everyone tilt while amusing viewers.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone know if Phil Hellmuth had anything to say about this? I doubt this kind of player would leave Ultimatebet, but for something like this I think it would be very appropriate.

I'm sure many other sites would welcome him, as he is the "Poker Brat", showing everyone tilt while amusing viewers.

Helmuth is way too busy with his self-promotion to comment on this issue.

The Gent

The Gent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been out of the loop for a while, but played UB again last night & today, only change I have noticed is that the games seem weaker than last week :)

Seriously the competition is so weak I have built up the free $10 they sent me to over $40 now and I hope this doesn't stop muppets playing there.

As for info, if someone wants to sit outside my house and wait for me to log in to get $40 then good luck to them, for 1 it's raing, 2 it' cold and 3 I love these world is going to end type posts.

I would have a different outlook if I had a few $1000s in there, but not going to happen for a long time yet playing micro levels.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been out of the loop for a while, but played Ultimatebet again last night & today, only change I have noticed is that the games seem weaker than last week :)

Seriously the competition is so weak I have built up the free $10 they sent me to over $40 now and I hope this doesn't stop muppets playing there.

As for info, if someone wants to sit outside my house and wait for me to log in to get $40 then good luck to them, for 1 it's raing, 2 it' cold and 3 I love these world is going to end type posts.

I would have a different outlook if I had a few $1000s in there, but not going to happen for a long time yet playing micro levels.

Of course the people that play there are weak. Think about it, the people that DON'T play at UB actually participate in forums and know whats goin' on with the site, so they know they shouldn't play at UB.

So it can still be a + to play at at the site/network.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um, if hole cards are vulnerable, then any data you transmit could also be vulnerable. If none of the data you're transmitting is an issue, then ok, but...

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just to let you all know please don't bother with the flaming. I am not coming back in here to listen to it.If you ever see me on the tables I thank you in advance for the cash. lmao. Notice how civil I am trying to be even on the way out. Mods please del;ete my account as I have decided I am done here. Have fun in your Ultimatebet freerolls.

wonder why this barrel of laffs was banned..... lol

T

Tonawanda

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They Told You So!

Bad news for Cereus and the entire online poker community, even if it is just incompetence. This will add to the allegations of fraud and conspiracy theories about online poker.

I am wondering? What some members:eek: here are thinking that flamed others for suggesting that this kind of thing could happen. I'm referring more specifically to seeing others' hole cards. (rigged poker thread)

Never say Never!:D

tubur69

tubur69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Computers,programmers, experts, hackers,dumb users...:).everything can happen these days.
Just take a look at my computer for some reason it's connected via LAN cable on two networks in the same time with full internet access.I still can not figure it out how is that possible:confused::confused::confused:.
Hopefully nobody watches my hole cards...:party:
Or if somebody is looking at them at least could PM me how to play them.:p

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.