Carbon Poker updates?

FromHereOn

FromHereOn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon is getting some withdrawals out now.

Hopefully they can get all caught up and get things going back to normal again.

Moving to a new room makes me badly miss Carbon's software and very short timers. It is truly great stuff. I was disappointed when they shut off the bottom end of the micro stakes games, otherwise i'd have kept my bankroll.

The bad news is that I may never be able to deposit again, thanks to WA state legislature chasing off most rooms other than BOL.

DaPirate

DaPirate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope Carbon starts getting their sh*t together. Players in the US are already limited on where we can play and we don't need to lose another site..

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Sad, if carbon does go.IMO, this site gives a lot of pleasure to amateur players.
If such a site was to limit deposits to say $5,000, then the money launderers would have no interest shifting their dirty dollars around the world as they usually deal in millions and the average players ( including the USA) would have somewhere to enjoy participation in their pastime:)

L

LoveAces

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cabon refuses my withdrawal request

I have waited 2 months now for a $1500 withdrawal and they have more excuses for why they can't pay me than bad beat stories I've heard!

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have waited 2 months now for a $1500 withdrawal and they have more excuses for why they can't pay me than bad beat stories I've heard!

Lets see that cashout pending on a page cut and paste please....oh, and overlay an ID, so we know it's you.

Not suspicious at all you creating an ID here and just bashing Carbon immediately, lol.

The update is Carbon is presently taking a long time to cash out as it has at times in the past. Some cashouts are taking in excess of 2 months while most seem to be taking around that long.

People are still getting paid out, but a group of players who somehow feel that long payouts=Carbon closing are now launching attacks on the reputation of the room. Carbon is not blameless as it listed payouts to take 3-5 weeks on its client even though it knows good and well they will most probably take longer in the short run.

There hasn't been a super dramatic loss of players at all. There has been some overlays, but overall it still has the 2nd biggest turnouts on MTTs AFAIK. There was a dangerous and irresponsible "news" story here which basically quoted anonymous sources from 2p2 threads and is being laughed at all over the net.

Those are the facts. I presently play at Carbon, but have no further interest in "shilling" for it beyond enjoying the site myself.

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmm.....they cancelled their affiliate program....but why?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gary_Heart

Gary_Heart

Gotta Have Heart
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Exactly cjmoles - There seems to be no answers as to why. I do know June 1st is now here and Carbon is still operating. I'll be playing their Social OPS - $1.5K Freeroll today in a little under 3 Hours - C U There!

Hi dakota-xx, I did not intend to imply CC needed to justify where CC chooses to spend CC's money. SRY.

I totally agree that CC finding sites with sufficient cash withdrawal issues AND refusing to assist CC members with those withdrawal issues warrant decisive remedies.

I thank you for clearing up why CC decided that CC Carbon Freerolls are to be more. And I thank CC for watching our backs. Best Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon has been continually paying people out, albeit later than people would like and shutting down affiliate programs is not a sign of X, Y, or Z.

pokerstars shut theirs down, or largely did so, awhile back. The realities of the poker economy have changed since 2004 and to expect the same marketing deals to always be there is ridiculous.

I just with CC didn't print a "story" made up entirely of baseless hearsay and message board posts....it doesn't look good for the site tbh, and a lot of outsiders were laughing at it.

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly cjmoles - There seems to be no answers as to why. I do know June 1st is now here and Carbon is still operating. I'll be playing their Social OPS - $1.5K Freeroll today in a little under 3 Hours - C U There!

Hi dakota-xx, I did not intend to imply CC needed to justify where CC chooses to spend CC's money. SRY.

I totally agree that CC finding sites with sufficient cash withdrawal issues AND refusing to assist CC members with those withdrawal issues warrant decisive remedies.

I thank you for clearing up why CC decided that CC Carbon Freerolls are to be more. And I thank CC for watching our backs. Best Regards.

I had some dialogue with one of the reg's at Carbon (prop player) and he relayed to me that Carbon was cancelling its affiliate program. He didn't say why, but he did say that he felt safe with his money there. But, then again, he gets paid to play there....so....???? Still, Merge's withdrawal process sucks to all "H. E. double hockey sticks" and that's just not cohesive to maintaining a large field of players.

Gary_Heart

Gary_Heart

Gotta Have Heart
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm wondering as A2345Razz observed - the changing poker economy - and - cjmoles noting - Carbon was cancelling its affiliate program has anything to do with Social OPS Freerolls coming back exactly on June 1st?

I'm not well-informed about affiliate programs - do they put some financial burden on the poker room? Or is canceling affiliates just a spring cleaning so to speak?

Payouts: I am an incurable optimist that thinks Merge's withdrawal process will improve and eventually pay everyone who wants paid in a more timely manner - but I have no way of knowing that. So basically I play to have fun - if I loose money it well probably be on a bad raise LOL and GL

J

Jackmayhofer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing online for 14 years same handle. Perhaps some of you know me. This is starting to feel like Full-tilt except they did it quickly like ripping of a bandaid. I have a 6G bankroll in there now and this withdrawal is from 4/1 here's your proof.
Your Withdrawal is Pending - The transaction is under review and will be sent to our payment processors shortly.

Requested Information
ID: 4981751 Date: Apr 01 2015 Time: 11:00PM EDT Amount (USD): $2,030.00

same status for 10 weeks now. Should I be contacting the DOJ so I can at least get paid in 2 years?

Hey A2345Razz I just gave you your proof. !0 weeks as of Saturday. Don't get me wrong I deposited $40 3 years ago and have taken out 5G but I want all the money I make from beating fish shills like you.

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No the doj can do nothing for us as Carbon is unregulated in the US lol feel ur pain bud

J

Jackmayhofer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But neither was Full-til and the DOJ took it all down.

J

Jackmayhofer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That has no bearing as the law was passed in 2006 It "prohibits gambling businesses from knowingly accepting payments in connection with the participation of another person in a bet or wager that involves the use of the Internet and that is unlawful. Black Friday was well after this law passed and that was what brought Full-Tilt down. They were MADE to pay their customers back a few years later. Living proof right here. Perhaps someone should light this fire under Carbon's pants as it seems they are still in violation on this law and happily accepting deposits but not paying OUT!!

We the players are in no violation of the law what so ever Jack. Get it straight.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing online for 14 years same handle. Perhaps some of you know me. This is starting to feel like Full-tilt except they did it quickly like ripping of a bandaid. I have a 6G bankroll in there now and this withdrawal is from 4/1 here's your proof.
Your Withdrawal is Pending - The transaction is under review and will be sent to our payment processors shortly.

Requested Information
ID: 4981751 Date: Apr 01 2015 Time: 11:00PM EDT Amount (USD): $2,030.00

same status for 10 weeks now. Should I be contacting the DOJ so I can at least get paid in 2 years?

Hey A2345Razz I just gave you your proof. !0 weeks as of Saturday. Don't get me wrong I deposited $40 3 years ago and have taken out 5G but I want all the money I make from beating fish shills like you.

You didn't give proof, but even if you had, no one is saying cashouts are lingering, lol.

We're saying cashouts are ongoing, and to say that they aren't is basically going to produce a run on the bank scenario where Carbon inevitably goes down and people like you and me don't get paid and don't have Carbon to play on.

I had a cashout take about that long awhile ago, and everyone knew Carbon was capable of taking a really long time cashing out. If you didn't, shame on you for not doing your due diligence before depositing.

If you have a 6G bankroll on Merge, well, you're going to be waiting a long time to offload that money even assuming everything goes well. You knew that was a possibility, and now you have to wait and be patient.

I personally wasn't super comfortable keeping anything over 500 on any of the grey market sites and you have no protections whatsoever and technically these sites are violating the law in the US.

IF YOU CAN'T COMFORTABLY LOSE ALL THE MONEY ON ANY US FACING SITES TOMORROW, YOU SHOULD BE TRYING TO GET THE MAX. OFF THESE SITES AT ALL TIMES AND KEEP ON BAR MINIMUMS TO PLAY.

If you play "professionally" on grey market site, well, I am sorry, that isn't a very feasible plan in the first place to anyone with other options in life. My advice would be to get a job as the job market is much better now than it was a couple yrs ago and play cash live on the side.

As far as being a fish, you can sharkscope me at your leisure and I have posted long term results in cash as well. I have money on merge and enjoy playing there and have done so for yrs now. If that makes me a "shill" than I will happily be one.

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We the players are in no violation of the law what so ever Jack. Get it straight.
Deposit a check from merge at ur local bank and inform them the money is from online gambling...

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Deposit a check from merge at ur local bank and inform them the money is from online gambling...

It's illegal for them to take that transaction. It is not illegal for us to cash it. online poker is legal in the United States with the exception of 3 states. Some states are grey areas.

So whenever you log on and play at your favorite poker site as long as you aren't in one of the 3 states you are not breaking the law. When you cash that check, you are still not breaking the law.

The DOJ has mentioned this as well if I'm not mistaken.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What does that have to do with anything being illegal for US.

The bank doesn't care about legalities regarding you for the most part, it worried about if it's on the line, and bc of the UIGEA, financial institutions are on the line if they knowingly complete transactions from online gaming companies that aren't legally allowed in the US.

Again, that has nothing to do with me or you playing online poker.

Last I checked, I didn't have to declare at the deposit window the means by which my funds were obtained.

J

Jackmayhofer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FYI been on Carbon since around Black Friday. Cashed out a few times a year with absolutely no problem since then. As a matter of fact I cashed out in January took 5 weeks as is stated on the site. Decided to cash out in April and 10 weeks later I am still pending. So you can see why I am concerned. I even joined this site to get some info from other people who actually make money on this site and have the ability to cash out like myself. In 14 years of online poker I have never joined one of these sites because I don't even like to chat with bozo's like yourself when I am playing. So you can deduce I am plenty concerned. By the way I have a job but I enjoy the extra money I make from the fish like you. I play for the money not the sport my fishy friend and anyone who tells you different is swimming in the same school as you. Carbon needs a wake up call NOW.